w1 down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't think it was the game staff's fault, its simply a new game and most everyones asleep. You'd be surprised but people are actually sleeping when either tribalwars or thewest goes down ;)

Go check the front page though, it'll be up as soon as they can fix it.

If I remember right, there are 12 time-zones going each way, East and West.
In simple language, there are always people around.

DeletedUser

I think what Micro is trying to say is quiet yourself or go play those games. There are going to be glitches.
I agree that it would be nice if the developers forewarned us, and even told us what they were doing just to settle the general curiosity of most people, but they don't have to. Nobody is forcing you to pay or play. It is a free service that they give out. Some people choose to upgrade their gameplay by paying. Micro is right, if you don't like the store, shop somewhere else.

Sorry, how wrong you are. Be it this game or hundreds of others, we (paying or not) deserve all respect from these companies, for we put money in their pockets. Please, enough of this crap, "its free to play" or similar.

Apart from that, a simple and short post by Admin. here in the forum, would be nice and propper.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the good wishes, but I'll have you know, I know a lot about online business as I run my own web design business already. I'm just trying to say, why complain about an online game that you actually have no control over? And you are correct, you have every right to complain. But why do so? I play many other online games that are actually free to play MMOG's and I've been playing one for over 10 years now that has been free the whole time. And I mean totally free. Yes, there are complaints but nothing like what I've read so far here. I am not a premium player either, but if it would help to make the game better, then by all means I will start. But again, all you have to do is not play the game my friend if you don't like how the game is run. Plain and simple. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the way I feel about it. :)

DeletedUser

Something else we must understand, the game is still in it's beta stages according to the "help sections".

DeletedUser

Lol, that is why I have left 3 recently and I did pay to play. My complaints were the same. I think highly of this little game, but the service certainly is not winning me over and so, I will not be adding any extra to their income; plain and simple.
Anyway, don't apologise for being blunt, I think I am too.

World 1?
If it is in Beta, why are people paying to play?!?! No game in Beta should have premium features charged.

DeletedUser

Right on, I have left many games myself due to many things. I actually only pay for one game I play now which is called Astro Empires. The only thing I don't like about that one is is the current universe I play in has been running for over a year now. But I see why it's like that, man it takes forever to get built up. But I pay for either 3 or 6 month upgrades at a time. And I really like this game too, but I also have to understand it's still growing. :)

DeletedUser

Kuntur:
The companies deserve your respect as well. You think that only they gain from your 'business'? You would not be here if you did not gain at all. Why should the company thank you for helping them earn money while you don't thank them for putting out, updating, upgrading, and debugging a game? You win from the situation too. You say I am wrong, I say you are only looking at half of the story.

Micro:
I play that too. =P what server do you play on?

DeletedUser

See while we were all here having this discussion, the games are back up and running. :)

DeletedUser

I don't think it was the game staff's fault, its simply a new game and most everyones asleep. You'd be surprised but people are actually sleeping when either tribalwars or thewest goes down ;)

Go check the front page though, it'll be up as soon as they can fix it.

And there is people like me who just wake and found the sever down! :|

DeletedUser

Sweet, I'm on Ceti too. Except I really don't play on it very much. I kinda sit idle in my guild and build up my nine planet's defenses to the point where no profit can ever be made. =P Working on 4 prings each planet.

DeletedUser

Kuntur:
The companies deserve your respect as well. You think that only they gain from your 'business'? You would not be here if you did not gain at all. Why should the company thank you for helping them earn money while you don't thank them for putting out, updating, upgrading, and debugging a game? You win from the situation too. You say I am wrong, I say you are only looking at half of the story.

Micro:
I play that too. =P what server do you play on?

Where did I not respect them?!?!?!
Let me tell you something, I am not the acting type, I am the reacting sort. This to say that a simple post from them, would have stopped me and others from complaning.
Yes, you post saying that you are going to "work" on it, or you post saying that a problem turned up and you are working on it.

You are complicating what is very simple. They offer a service which I choose to use and by doing so, contribute to their gain; that is the "exchange". Now, when they cannot comply with the exchange, as you ask for respect for them, they have also to consider that on this side, there are people they also need to respect. Why? Apart from the obvious reasons, in my case I wanted to leave the characters doing something before I went away from the computer for a few hours. If there is a post, I can then decide if I should wait, or if I should go. Without any post (as part of their respect for us), I am left like an idiot waiting to see what happens and, wasting my time, because of lack of information.
That reminds me, I choose to whom I give my time and my time, is part of that "exchange"; got it?

DeletedUser

Yes i realize your time is part of the exchange. And again. If you are unhappy with the exchange, exchange elsewhere. But you do not respect them in your posts demanding a reason why you cannot log on and by discrediting their game for having some bumps in the gameplay that require downtime to fix.
Now you seem to have some rulebook or something about 'exchanges'
What chapter does it say that the consumer decides the terms of the 'exchange'?
Business etiquette? That is only a guideline used to make customers happy and perhaps help profits from happy customers.
Why should they obey it if they don't need to?

DeletedUser

They need to.
Please, try it yourself, open a business and then speak to the customers with the attitude you use here and you will see how your business goes.

Listen, I say red, you say blue, I say green, you say brown. In short, you are failling to see the point and I don't really think you have enough experience on whatever you are trying to justify with your comments.

Oh and I do have the right to "demand" as you call it. How many times do I have to tell you that if it wasn't for me and thousands like me, that though not premium, DO make them money. By making them money, I automaticaly gain the right to demand. And another thing, in my last attempt to help you understand these things. Their behaviour towards all of us (payers and not), their lack of a simple post/explanation, (and not only today), have lost them a very potential paying player.

I am not interested in continuing this conversation with you, as you refuse to see a very simple point, that of the clients that make any of these companies, probably more money than you will ever see and so we are in the right to ask them to comply with the service they offer, to their best ability.
I know why you are speaking as you are and because of that, I am out.

Status
Not open for further replies.