w1 down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I can't seem to log in either...thought maybe it was my internet connection but guess it isn't.

DeletedUser

i can't login either. this is starting to piss me off with all of these issues.

DeletedUser

I hope they are updating the worlds and we can get new quests, items and features :) or at least "Clint's trousers" :)

DeletedUser

All Worlds are down and again, one too many times. On a new server with a new World, fine, but is rare the day that this does not happen. If this carries on, I will not subscribe and in fact just delete all accounts. When I have a bit more time to be here and play, the servers go down. Yes I do realize that there are problems and all bits and pieces, but all has a limit.

There is another Browser game I play and pay for, that just runs so smoothly and has at the moment, just under 2.000.000 (two million) players.

DeletedUser

Guys please be patient...it's a fairly new game...there's going to be growing pains...it's a pain I know...just try and wait it out

DeletedUser

I don't think this would be that big of a problem with everyone if they at least had the courtesy to tell us how long it would take so we can be away doing other things in the meantime.

DeletedUser

Lol, so instead you decide to sit in front of a computer refreshing the screen? Redbrd is right, its a new game and it is going to have bumps. Give it some time, find something else to do during the wait and check back in like an hour or so, instead of refreshing over and over seeing if it works yet.

DeletedUser

how long until it isnt considered a new game? a few years? im watching tv and not worrying about it since i had a lot of stuff lined up but im just saying it sucked on tw and still sucks on the west that they dont tell us whats going on.

DeletedUser

all worlds are down now.. jesus !

support team has duty to inform us about the sever down period

DeletedUser

Lol, so instead you decide to sit in front of a computer refreshing the screen? Redbrd is right, its a new game and it is going to have bumps. Give it some time, find something else to do during the wait and check back in like an hour or so, instead of refreshing over and over seeing if it works yet.

Relatively to my post, I think it was clear, but let me make it clear that I am not sat here F5ing. I am here because I am in fact doing other things, as you might know, computers do have multiple uses, other than just to play games.

I don't care how new or old a game is, once a game is launched and apart from minor bugs, it should be ready and in working order, otherwise it is bad for business. I wonder, next time you buy say, a NEW pair of trousers and it has an opening where there should be one and you go back to the shop and complain about it, what would you say if the people in the shop told you: "... sorry, the factory is new, you just have to put up with it...".

DeletedUser

Yes i realize better than most the multiple uses of a computer. I am sitting here trying to scrape together an essay on Bram Stoker's Dracula at the moment. So if you are already at the computer, and all that is required of you is to click onto firefox and press refresh, why is it a problem?

And is it really that bad for business? You're still playing, aren't you? Or at least logging hits onto their website.

DeletedUser

Ok I just had to create an account so I could post to this topic.

I understand you guys feelings on the games being down. I am in college to be a game developer and would like to say a few things about the complaints of the game being down.

How many of you play console games?? Probably most of you. Well, you play games with glitches in them right? But these games you actually "pay for". You continue to play them don't you? Glitches and all. Even if the glitches cause you strife. Well this game is free except for a few upgrades. The game is very new, and with it comes down times to fix certain bugs and do certain upgrades. The fact of the matter is, I'm surprised at the calmness of the site admins and how they are putting up with such, how do I say it, "*****iness" from some of you guys.

Now with all that said, some of you are right as well. The staff should inform the players of down times so they don't just sit in front of their computers hitting f5. And as for your comment Kuntur, "I wonder, next time you buy say, a NEW pair of trousers and it has an opening where there should be one and you go back to the shop and complain about it, what would you say if the people in the shop told you: "... sorry, the factory is new, you just have to put up with it...", I don't think that's entirely true either. If I bought a pair of slacks like that, I'd take them back and shop somewhere else.

So please, let the developers do their job and just enjoy the game when it comes back online. I know I do.

DeletedUser

actually i dont play console games and i pay for both tribal wars and 3/5 of the premiums for the west :) any games ive played havent had any glitches that freeze the game to the point that you cannot play for x amount of hours either ;)

DeletedUser

I think what Micro is trying to say is quiet yourself or go play those games. There are going to be glitches.
I agree that it would be nice if the developers forewarned us, and even told us what they were doing just to settle the general curiosity of most people, but they don't have to. Nobody is forcing you to pay or play. It is a free service that they give out. Some people choose to upgrade their gameplay by paying. Micro is right, if you don't like the store, shop somewhere else.

DeletedUser

I don't think it was the game staff's fault, its simply a new game and most everyones asleep. You'd be surprised but people are actually sleeping when either tribalwars or thewest goes down ;)

Go check the front page though, it'll be up as soon as they can fix it.

DeletedUser

Ok I just had to create an account so I could post to this topic.

I understand you guys feelings on the games being down. I am in college to be a game developer and would like to say a few things about the complaints of the game being down.

How many of you play console games?? Probably most of you. Well, you play games with glitches in them right? But these games you actually "pay for". You continue to play them don't you? Glitches and all. Even if the glitches cause you strife. Well this game is free except for a few upgrades. The game is very new, and with it comes down times to fix certain bugs and do certain upgrades. The fact of the matter is, I'm surprised at the calmness of the site admins and how they are putting up with such, how do I say it, "*****iness" from some of you guys.

Now with all that said, some of you are right as well. The staff should inform the players of down times so they don't just sit in front of their computers hitting f5. And as for your comment Kuntur, "I wonder, next time you buy say, a NEW pair of trousers and it has an opening where there should be one and you go back to the shop and complain about it, what would you say if the people in the shop told you: "... sorry, the factory is new, you just have to put up with it...", I don't think that's entirely true either. If I bought a pair of slacks like that, I'd take them back and shop somewhere else.

So please, let the developers do their job and just enjoy the game when it comes back online. I know I do.

I wish you success in future and I am happy to see another game developer in the making. I would advise you to stick to that or, should you really want to do more, than please take some sort of learning on Business Practice.
I am sick and tired of hearing people coming out with the most pathetic excuse that, "...the game is free...". This, apart from very annoying after hundreds of times, only proves that too many people have no idea that Companies actually only benefit from allowing people to play for free and that so, all those people do not understand the "commercial mechanics" of online gaming. Without wanting to go into it in depth, let me tell you this much. I am entitled to complain, though I am not a premium player here, because I as many of you, are the earners for this (and other) company. The least they could do is show respect and good business practice with those that line their pockets with their salaries/profits.

So please, for goodness sake, those of you that do not know how the commercial gaming world works, don't be silly and say that it is free to play; it has nothing to do with the point/issue, call it whatever.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.