Resolved Visiting a Ghost Town

• Thread starter TheoreticalFunk
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I've searched for this, but can't seem to find an answer. I have a quest that says to visit a ghost town. I know where a few are, but I open them and I get no options to walk there, etc. How do I do this?

Apparently at some point you could sleep in ghost towns according to posts I've read when searching for an answer, but it doesn't look like you can anymore.

Any input is appreciated.

DeletedUser

The ghost town you look for is on the most northwest part of the map. And it's shown as a white dot.

DeletedUser

Wow. So a ghost town and Ghost Town are two different things?

Anyone else see a problem with this?

DeletedUser

Wow. So a ghost town and Ghost Town are two different things?

Anyone else see a problem with this?
No. I don't know how people confuse this. If a quest asks you to go to a ghost town, it can't be just any ghost town. Regular ghost towns are not coded to give quests, but the white dots on the map are the only quest givers besides your own saloon. Is that easy! We had other quests givers on the map before the ghost town. I don't know why people think this might be different from a white dot somewhere ...

DeletedUser

Visiting the Ghost town

You get a train ticket.The quest says to take the train. Where is the Train?

DeletedUser

You get Train Tickets from Building A Railroad Station. The wording of the quests is meant to give you a clue as to which jobs to do. There is no actual train.

Post-edit: If you ever need an item and you don't know which job to do, simply type in the name of the item in the search bar of the Mini-Map. For instance, if a quest says you need a Glass Of Water, type in Glass Of Water into the Mini-Map's search-bar and it will list all the jobs that give you that particular item and where they are on the map. Oh and it's not case-sensitive, so you could type glass of water and it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When I first joined it was about Easter time, and I was also confused about visiting the ghost town to get an egg. I was wandering from one dead town to the other, got completely confused, and almost quit. It took months for me to figure out about "The" ghost town.

DeletedUser

It does tell you in the introduction quests that Quest Givers appear on the map as dots. If everyone read the quests as they go through them, I can't see how anyone could get confused - as Duduie said. The reason folks get confused about this is usually because they skim over the wording in the introduction quests and then later they say, "But I haven't been told about that." when they have, but they skipped over it.

DeletedUser

My comments were from around three years ago experience.
Didn't mean anything personal bud, it's just that there are so many people who post on here who have just completed the introduction and then ask that very question. No worries. :)

DeletedUser38294

I made the same mistake when I first started and scoured the map looking for the ghost town but it had not showed up for me yet. Eventually it popped and I found it. I have made multiple trips there for quest but the train ticket one has never completed for some reason and just takes up space on my quest list. And now the "town drenched in fog" quest won't complete as well. The Ghost Town has just became a real pain in the arsh.