Video Game of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

JR did movies, James did Band, so how bout I do the Video Game of the week. It's simple, I pick a video game that I think is good, and then it's the same like the movies and bands of the week. I'm gonna post the video game in a few hours cause now I'm tired and I need to nap and think about what game I should put.

DeletedUser

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (メタルギアソリッド2 サンズ・オブ・リバティ?) (commonly abbreviated as MGS2) is a stealth action video game directed by Hideo Kojima, developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Japan and published by Konami for the PlayStation 2 in 2001. It is the fourth Metal Gear game produced and directed by Kojima and the direct sequel to Metal Gear Solid. Its release was followed by an expanded edition, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Windows. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, a prequel to the entire Metal Gear series, followed in 2004. In 2008, a direct sequel, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots was released.

Taken from wikipedia.org.

This is the first game I found, one of the best selling games for PS2 and Xbox in 2003. Tell me what you think

DeletedUser13020

Are you going to review games that you are actually playing?? If you are playing them then I suggest you put in a little more than just the game's development info, like gameplay, plot, controls etc etc...

DeletedUser

Some I do, some I don't, this one I didn't. The ones I play, I'll put that.

DeletedUser8950

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (メタルギアソリッド2 サンズ・オブ・リバティ?) (commonly abbreviated as MGS2) is a stealth action video game directed by Hideo Kojima, developed by Konami Computer Entertainment Japan and published by Konami for the PlayStation 2 in 2001. It is the fourth Metal Gear game produced and directed by Kojima and the direct sequel to Metal Gear Solid. Its release was followed by an expanded edition, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Windows. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, a prequel to the entire Metal Gear series, followed in 2004. In 2008, a direct sequel, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots was released.

Taken from wikipedia.org.

This is the first game I found, one of the best selling games for PS2 and Xbox in 2003. Tell me what you think
It's ok...like I said, after the first one, they went in a downard spiral. 1st=uber pwnage.

DeletedUser

I considered doing a thread like this in addition to the movie thread, but I found it'd require me to do loads of additional work in the way of re-playing old games I both love and loathe.

Not an impressive pick.
Out of all the vide-games you could have picked, you chose this one, why?

DeletedUser11019

im going with metal gear solid..yup way cooooooool.
then final fantasy 12

coz they the only two i own
pluss snake just way cool :)

DeletedUser

You need to do things you actually have played. Everything I've chosen, Ive listened to. And probably everything JR does he has watched. No offense to you, this is a good first try, but I think that this could be better.

If I had to grade this in a school, I would give you a B for effort, but an C- overall. You can do better than that.

DeletedUser

I don´t think I´ve put up a single movie I haven´t seen on my list.
Quite simply because I can not recommend something I have not seen,
not would I pick a game for discussion and recommend it if I had not played it through at least once.

Perhaps I´ll do my own thread on games once I get my computer up and running.
I´m sure I could dig up some old classics you lot would enrich your lives by playing ;)

Mike; Pick a niche, old-school, new, good, what you liked, or something.
General discussion on random games will not work well.

I played through the game you picked, and whilst it was addictive enough, and challenging as well,
I do not remember it as a great game, merely above average with decent immersion.

I´m grading it C/C+ at best. It has it´s strengths, but so much just does not feel quite right.

Edit: lol @ the awesome siggy on the poster below me

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Alright, thanks for the constructive comments guys. My parents are a bit overprotective so for now I'm not allowed rated M games. But I've played some at my cousins and whatnot.

Anyways, I'll try to do better. I've tried Metal Gear 4, and its pretty good, but I only played for like 10 minutes at my cousin's house to share my opinion.

DeletedUser

That changes the equation a little bit. See Mike, since you have been blocked from rated M games and arn't able to play alot of them, I think you should do a video game of the week.....for children.

See, games that are rated E and T, some of them bring no appeal to me because they are too child friendly. But you can do something on games that are good enough for children, but also good enough for hardcore gamers like me.

For example, a few good games that I suggest (I have an aunt who needs my suggestions for my cousins. I suggest things that are child friendly, but something he can play and have fun with) are things like Star Wars games (Force Unleashed, Lego Star Wars, Jedi Knight II, ect.), sports games, racing games, ect. There are alot of things you can do.

For the hardcore gamers, me or JR could do something like that.

DeletedUser

I've played lots of rated M games (most of which my parents don't even know about), don't get me wrong on that. But I guess you're right. To be honest, I'm only 13, I'm in highschool, so, yeah, thats it.

I have quite a few war games, but I think I'll stick with the lower ratings (that didn't come out right) for now.

DeletedUser

Ok, here's a little test. Tell me if you think its ok, or if it needs more work.

This game is rated T, from the Starwars series, which is very popular as a matter of fact. The game is an older game, but still popular and still decent when it comes to online play (I have never played online, but my friends who have it say its pretty good, I'm working on getting online) Here it is.

star-wars-battlefront-ii-l.jpg

Star Wars: Battlefront II is a first-person shooter/third-person shooter video game developed by Pandemic Studios, and published by LucasArts. The game is the sequel to the successful Star Wars: Battlefront and features new vehicles, characters, game mechanics, maps, and missions. The game was released in PAL regions on October 31, 2005 on the PC, Xbox, PlayStation Portable, and PlayStation 2 platforms, and in North America on November 1 of the same year. It was later updated to be backwards-compatible for the Xbox 360.

I, personally think this is a great game for children at about the age of 11. It's at times very violent and intense, which compensates for the no blood. The controls are fairly easy to learn, and once you master them, you can start playing online. The storyline is a normal length and has a twist because from the people fighting to stop the war, you turn into the enemy. In the back of the box, it says mild language, but I haven't heard much swearing. Overall, it's a pretty good game.

So how was that? If it was good, I'll ask a mod to close this, and I'll make the official Video Game of the Week for games 13 and under.

DeletedUser

Thats an A. Good job Mike. One last thing, don't actually copy and paste things from wikipedia. You can get the information, but just write it out in a way you think you should write it. And other than that, your all good.

DeletedUser

Alot better Mike.
Vey nice.

James has some valuable tips, follow those.

Try to tell us some about the playing experience as well.
Why you like it, what you find cool, and what you find is its weaknesses.

DeletedUser

Always welcome Mike. It's fun to help someone out. Here to bring smile smiles to everyone's faces. :laugh:

Unless that person won't listen to your constructive criticism whatsoever.

DeletedUser

I enjoyed this game although getting an XBOX has improved my gaming experience than playing this game on the PC. Always had a soft spot for Star Wars. And to think that a lot of you weren't even born when we first caught sight of the millenium falcon! sigh......

Status
Not open for further replies.