Very unfriendly, or?

DeletedUser

Greetings everyone.

Is it just me, or have I just been unlucky.
Ive started playing this game last night, and so far I've only seen one person say "hi" in the area chat.
When I tried to start a conversation, he/she was gone again.
Ive been trying to ask questions in the chat, no responses.

Ive done my best trying to figure out, what the game is all about, reading about pure builds and whatnot, but to be honest, I still have no clue as to what I am supposed to do!

In all other MPG games ive played so far, people have been trying to help out new players, for the later benifit of their skills, gold, whatever.

So, have I been unlucky, been in the wrong area, done something wrong, not turned on the right tutorial, or is it just the way this game is?

-
ShadowWalker01
Level 1, Greenhorn

DeletedUser1121

County chat is one of the least usefull imho.
If you join a town, you will see that there are town and alliance chats available.
Players tend to repsond a bit more in there.

Goodluck and have fun.

DeletedUser

Experiences so far:

People are NOT unfriendly. But the comon play pattern for most people, is:
1. Login
2. Queue jobs
3. Possibly check telegrams and town forum
4. Logout

As far as I can tell, all "social" activity is on the forums, or on telegrams.
There is no chat, or interaction through the chat.

Perhaps I joined the wrong town, is located in the wrong area, or just online at the wrong times.

So far, my conclusion is:
This is NOT a very social game.

DeletedUser1121

I use the chat daily. It just takes a while to find players who have the same playing pattern as you have.

And it is great during fort fights.

DeletedUser

There is no chat, or interaction through the chat.
I'm one of players that turns off the county chat. Why? I simply don't want to see random spams. When did I kept it turned on and joined the "chatty"? When I was in the Old Woman county and many of us were solving the halloween quest puzzle so we shared useful information there. ;)
But I assure you my town chat is "burning" all the time.

Perhaps I joined the wrong town, is located in the wrong area, or just online at the wrong times.
It seems so.

So far, my conclusion is:
This is NOT a very social game.
Social? What does that mean? This is an unique browser RPG. It's not facebook nor msn. Perhaps you should really change the town you're currently in.

DeletedUser21091

Maybe join a larger town with more active players shadow. I keep County Chat closed like others have stated they do. This is primarily because Town and Alliance Chats are so busy that to handle county chat on top of this as well would get ridiculous if am honest.

There are plenty of towns out there that are recruiting, i.e. the larger more known towns. Take a look around and am sure you'll find somewhere where people are more than willing to help someone new to the game like yourself. We get new guys in our towns and alliances every week and they are not experiencing these issues that you would appear to be.

Get out there, check everyone out and hopefully you'll find that we are not 'unfriendly', far from it :D

DeletedUser

Personally I don't feel the caht is needed, thoguh if afew more mini games are added poker being one then it will be tonns more fun.
Like take fort battles even though we have ingame chat now almost every town/alliance will still use an external chat so go fish !
Only times they don't is when not enough online for battle or they were just to lazy to sort one out :laugh:
Joker really spamming in county ? can't say I hardly see anyone so boo to a ghost in county chat and I always ahve it open, alliance I tend to switch off as it's players who have know even other for sometime in private convo's half the time seem rude of me to be listening in :laugh:

Oh one other thing though shadow alot of players seem to whisper to one another to do this clikc on the players name ;)

(I would like to see players names turn invisible after 5-10 mins AFK)

DeletedUser

My chat doesn't even work when I open another page. Maybe your townmates have the same problem as me.

DeletedUser

Okay, time for me to update my experiences.

There is ALOT of people playing, that doesnt chat, just use the mail system, and only comes on to work. I am guessing thats a majority.
I read somewhere that you shouldnt try and get into a top 10 alliances/town, because it was hopeless. Well.. Its not!

Finding a town / alliance with lots of people, and highly ranked, usually leads you to happy and CHATTY people.
Ive found such a town/alliance.

Conclusion:
Now, I can enjoy a Top game with a top alliance.
No shortage of help, alwayes someone to chat to, if you want.
In general, life is good now! :)
First Fort battle last night... AWESOME! :)

DeletedUser

Yur pallaver hepped me too, son...

Quiet in the counties. Yup. Okay. Headin to a town....:cowboy:

DeletedUser

Well, even my town is boring. Just to keep myself entertained I have to duel level 17's when I'm only level 10.

County chats are terrible. Alliance/Town chats are alright.

DeletedUser

Greetings everyone.

Is it just me, or have I just been unlucky.
Ive started playing this game last night, and so far I've only seen one person say "hi" in the area chat.
When I tried to start a conversation, he/she was gone again.
Ive been trying to ask questions in the chat, no responses.

Ive done my best trying to figure out, what the game is all about, reading about pure builds and whatnot, but to be honest, I still have no clue as to what I am supposed to do!

In all other MPG games ive played so far, people have been trying to help out new players, for the later benifit of their skills, gold, whatever.

So, have I been unlucky, been in the wrong area, done something wrong, not turned on the right tutorial, or is it just the way this game is?

-
ShadowWalker01
Level 1, Greenhorn
its a pretty cool game if you give it a chance the ball really starts rolling when you get to level ten. it takes quite a while before you have enough experience to complete some of the harder quests. but like i said give it a chance me i played from scratch i have'
n't bought my way. its more rewarding to actually play the game. rather than buying your way up.if that makes me cheap i don't care after all its a game.....:)