v2 Sounds

• Thread starter DeletedUser30224
  • Start date

DeletedUser30224

Proposal
Bring back whisper Sounds + notification sounds when someone types your name in any chat.

Current Workaround
No sounds in current version

Details
When you whisper someone, it beeps. When you write something new in the whisper box, it beeps. when you write a player's name in any chat room it beeps. Add an icon or color code the chat box that sent the beep so that user knows which chat box beeped him.

Users can turn off global sounds or turn of whisper chat sounds -> you will still get a beep each time a new player initiates a whisper with you, but it will not beep each time the same player writes a new line in the already opened whisper chat.
When global sounds are turned off, you will not receive any beeps of course.

Visual Aids
Screenshot_2.png

Under Options, settings ->create a "Sounds" option where user can choose the sound options.

Global sounds on/off
Whisper sounds on/off

Summary
Because our chats are divided in chat rooms, it is hard to know when people are talking to you directly. If you are at your computer and not clicking like a mad man between chats, you might miss when someone is talking about you or talking to you (whisper).

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1802579

+100

No sound is totally annoying the hell out of me.

DeletedUser34977

i agree with zd here, its a little boring without the sounds. :D

DeletedUser

I had the sound swf filtered, but I still used sounds to get people's attention.

DeletedUser

The sound might be handy to control the current chat-chaos.
But that is not the only thing I miss in the new chatversion.

I was very charmed with 1 window for all chats.

You could easily follow the other rooms and read your whispers immediately without having to switch tabs.
This is very handy during fortfights were time is very limited.

To be honest I was very disappointed with the changes that were made in the chat, especially when mentioning this as 1 of the main changes to enhance gameplay.
But maybe it is because I embraced the chat as is and loved the advantages (you could read it all direct without touching anything for changing from chatroom) and married the disadvantages accordingly. (learned to live with).
Yes at some times it was hectic and I needed to scroll to read everything, I will have missed some whispers, from time to time I had a decent chatfail with some consequences.

The new chat has taken away all my frustrations, but it took also what I loved about it.

From the people I know playing, a lot have the same remark that it is not that easy anymore than before.

DeletedUser33353

I agree to mate, but....sigh, doubt if it will happen....perhaps if it were a premium feature? Seems to be the way this game is going anyway.

DeletedUser18690

Beep Beep For The Chat!

I'm happy to see there are other West players who share my complaint/request. This new version has proven to have some great new things, some not so great things, and some things that I call "Deal Breakers" The jobs are a bit of a pain (or rather getting used to) these things I can get used to and bare with...However... NO CHAT BEEPS/SOUNDS IS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME.

Though I would deny everything if I was approached and asked in real life. I'm on this game all day while at work and play it all throughout the day and many times night as well. I'm what you call an addict.

Though my time has fell off over this month due to more activity in work, now it's dropping off even more because of the lack of beeps in the chat.How does that work you say? Well, many times I minimize the window at work to keep from "eyes" seeing it open and when I do have it open I usually have it only as big as the chat itself.

The chat beeps are MOST helpful in battle since I don't have my browser all the way open. Yes, I play battles while I'm working at work... so when I'm on the front line it's crucial to hear those beeps from my battle mates telling me I need to move or to swap me.Chances are that saves my skin since I can only see part of the battle going on OR I have to minimize it for some reasons I will not say on this forum. You figure it out.

So.. I VOTE YES FOR THE BEEPS TO RETURN I can live with the multiple tabbed windows... I'm sort of liking it that way now. But the beeps MUST COME BACK PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

~The Spamminator :mad:

WanderingStranger

I never play with my volume turned up but I do use it to alert people when ranking occasionally. I dont really see a reason not to have alerts. If some people dont want them make them toggleable.

DeletedUser22685

Elmyr wrote: ...but you'll never know if you're wasting your time trying to get another person's attention... <--- I don't understand this. And you wouldn't have that concern with the original idea???

Not everyone will have the script installed.