USA: Largest Oil Reserves

DeletedUser

In that case I agree: the USA does not have the massive oil reserves theorized.

DeletedUser

In that case I agree: the USA does not have the massive oil reserves theorized.

You need to be very careful. I dislike far right and far left and initially I thought Fox news will be good, to counter balance some of the left leaning media. However, Fox news has been a disaster, rather than adding some helpful insight for the slight right, Fox news has been spewing a lot of ultra right rhetoric that does nothing to help USA heal. Glenn Beck was someone I used to watch a bit, I still watch Lou Dobbs, however, for the past couple years, the right leaning media has been losing a lot of credibility in my eyes.

Be very careful when you deal with those media, if you want to convince people like me, who's neither left nor right, please double and triple check FACTS before you start quoting off those far right media + celebrities.

I suggest you read the Wall Street Journal for more right leaning perspective without going rabid. You can read the economist for the left side perspective.

DeletedUser

I'm disappointed also by FOX. I don't know what went wrong, but they went from the fairest news channel to the Republican CNN. I trust it more if I hear it from O'Reilly or Beck.

I remember the source I originally heard it from, it was in a chain email (which was supposed to be backed up by facts, I went to the link it had and it was something unrelated, then had to do a search).

DeletedUser

I'm disappointed also by FOX. I don't know what went wrong, but they went from the fairest news channel to the Republican CNN. I trust it more if I hear it from O'Reilly or Beck.

I remember the source I originally heard it from, it was in a chain email (which was supposed to be backed up by facts, I went to the link it had and it was something unrelated, then had to do a search).

I no longer watch Glenn Beck, because he has lost his credibility with me.

Many things on the internet needs to be verified, too many people blindly follow and believe whatever was sent to them, because it was from someone they trust. I have enough problems with some of my relatives in regards to that. It's a shame. Some of them are even doctors and they preach to me about "creation" theory, and disavow evolution. I was stunned the first time when I encountered this. How can a doctor, who should see how the bacteria develop resistance in their practice and still attack evolution theory?

Generally speaking, the right wing media has lost credibility with me, I found too many of them do not bother check facts before spewing rhetoric designed to inflame passion (I hesitate to use the hatred but sometimes, I think that's what it is) to generate high rating. I long for the days where moderates will get elected since I have issues with both far right and far left.

DeletedUser

I know this whole thing isn't true, but I couldn't bear this quote:

But you don't mind about killing people to get the oil in Iraq?

I do mind that. Id prefer if they can get oil w/o killing anyone or any animal, then good. I am sick by what happens over in Iraq. Im sick of the stupid war.

Perhaps we all should get bikes and ride them all over and find other ways to heat homes ect. Im sure oil is used for a lot of things, but gas/car and heat are the ones Im aware of on a large scale.

Youre going to find something wrong with everything I say now arent you? Not that I mind.

DeletedUser

I'll try not to. After all, this time I was completely wrong.

It's just that on this forum, the people I've debated in the past disagreed with me on pretty much everything. So I expected that you'd be similar. Sorry about that.

DeletedUser

We (as in the whole World, not just the US) need oil for plastic. That's even bigger than cars because you can buy a hybrid or electric instead of a gas-using car.

DeletedUser

Ollieman; I wasn't questioning that claim, as much as the others, but thanks for sources either way.

DeletedUser

I highly doubt that the US is still using so much oil simply to keep the Saudi economy afloat.

DeletedUser

Ugh, Fox has never been fair and balanced. It was their spin long before the Iraq war, and you know how well that went. As to CNN, the problem with them is that they're always trying to tow the middle road, succeeding only in not covering anything with any degree of integrity (except when they do their lengthy investigative reports).

It's really not about left or right leanings, it's about information. If your source is unreliable, then stop relying on it.

DeletedUser

I once saw a reporter on CNN crying after reporting Bush's reelection (could have been something in his eye, though).

I also got the source from a chain email, I just heard it on FOX in addition.