Update / Town member points

DeletedUser

It seems town member points are now a lot more valuable for towns on the ranks. anyone understand how it works?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Interesting question.

I wonder if medals are worth member points?

DeletedUser1105

That can't be it, because my W5 town has member points of 44,000.

Slygoxx

That was said on the beta forum anyway, so I assumed it was true.

EDIT: does times 10 instead of 5 work for you?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It was me that said that on the beta forums, and my calculation still works for all the smaller towns. Perhaps owning a fort with other towns in it gives you extra member points for the members of those towns as well?

DeletedUser1105

That doesn't work either, because on my W10 town your x5 seems to fit, even though we own a fort and our sister town is allied to that fort.

DeletedUser

The extra member points (on top of the 5x) definitely seems to be associated in some way with forts though. Only towns with lots of fort points have more member points, towns with only one small or medium fort follow the 5x rule....

DeletedUser

Towns that do NOT own a fort
cumulative XP level of players times 5.

Towns that OWN a large/medium fort
cumulative XP level of players IN ALL FORT TOWNS times 5.

calculation is different for towns with small fort.

DeletedUser

I am now really confused...

here is a response from support.

Could you please explain to me exactly how town member points work now after the update? How do towns have members increase their worth to help their town in the member points category?

Thank you very much!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GlennZA 2009-10-08 23:17:04
Hello touchole,

Previously:
Average level of players in the city (not rounded) times 5 (e.g. 65+52+44+35+23+8 = 227 / 6 = 37,833 x 5 = 189,16 = 189)

Now:
Now the member points is just 5x the level of each player in the town, all added together.
If your town has 4260 member points, then the sum of the levels of all your members is 924.

I like the new ranking much better, it actually means something now, as opposed to being irrelevant compared to fort and duelling rankings.

Sincerely,

Glenn ZA
The West Team
2009-10-09 00:41:34

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sure?

then how does a town like the hunting party on w10 have 15900 member points and my town ( banana town ) have only 6120 when we have more members than them and the same average level ( i know avg level no longer means anything but shows we are close )

DeletedUser

That makes no sense at all does it Touchole?

townpoints.jpg

If thats how the formula is worked out, how come Red Light District have got 48775 points and we've got 22995 and diablo have 14180?

In town member terms I'd say all three were at least on a parr with each other (and while I can't speak for them I'd imagine the other founders of said towns would agree given our friendly but co-operative rivalry).

But following the maths of the equation given to you..

RLD 42*46*5 is 9660 points
TSC 39*39*5 is 7605 points
Diablo 24*42*5 is 6630 points

Even taking into account rounding it doesn't stack up does it?

DeletedUser

No,

It does not. I am awaiting a response from support. Will let ya know in 2-3 days :laugh:

DeletedUser

I may be wrong, but believe for towns with a large/medium fort, the town that OWNS the fort(s) points is determined by this formula:
total exp level of all town players times 5
PLUS
total exp level of all FORT(s) ALLIED Town(s) players times 5

ONLY the town that OWNS the fort gets the above "bonus"
NOTE: Formula does NOT seem to work for towns that own a "small" fort.

DeletedUser

I may be wrong, but believe for towns with a large/medium fort, the town that OWNS the fort(s) points is determined by this formula:
total exp level of all town players times 5
PLUS
total exp level of all FORT(s) ALLIED Town(s) players times 5

ONLY the town that OWNS the fort gets the above "bonus"
NOTE: Formula does NOT seem to work for towns that own a "small" fort.

I've just checked this out and a fort that we're in, a medium, owned by a smaller town only have 4155 points, which is almost exactly what they should have working out on the lv*nr*5 formula.

Just checked a large fort owned by someone else we're in and they have 6150 points which is exactly what they should have.

I do think its linked to forts though, the towns with excessive points have multiple forts.

DeletedUser

odd, when I looked yesterday my calculation worked, guess they changed it :-(

DeletedUser

Before seeing this thread, I answered a post in "Bugs".
Total member points = (Number of forts owned) * 5 * (sum total of level of all members)

In this case.
CC has 27 members with a sum total of levels being 1286, owns 7 forts = 45010.
WWW has 33 members with a sum total of levels being 1932, owns 3 forts = 28890.

WWW needs to go themselves some more forts.

The size of the fort is irrelevant.