Feedback Update 2.204

Al35ul

Not related to this update, but can we please have all regular items able to be upgraded? Like: Nightcap( nightcap used to be upgradable, not sure why it got changed), Robert Campbell cap, Chief Joseph Indian necklace, Pillow, slipper, and so on.

I collected too many of these and enjoy I upgrading these lower-level items, and I think others do too...and I see no disadvantage in having these upgradable

Cool update tho, love the dueling changes

Dubjean

Duel Rollback Potion
"This potion makes your friends and enemies forget who you are in the prairie, as all your dueling experience gets removed. You appear to be a newcomer in the prairie".
We have created a new duel potion which lowers your duel level to your character level. For the next weeks, until 30.11.2023 12:00, Maya will offer one item for free for each player. After that we will add item to the SHOP. You can use item once every 180 days.

This means that all those players that are skilled and dressed to duel and are currently level 350+ are going to now be level 180 or so and be able to hit every new player and non-dueler in the world? Whose bright idea was this... hmm bet it was a dueler's! We already had the Mysterious Potion that also dropped the DL for those that needed to get some more targets.

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
I don’t know how a 10% reduction potion for 500 nuggets or bonds is better than this. The cooldown is 6 months not days.

Please remember that duels are part of the gameplay. I can basically KO you every 72 hours without being punished in any way even if you find this annoying and you think it’s not necessary.

You can always attack non duellers.

I think it’s good to see the duels were not forgotten and we are finally getting some good content.

Clever Hans

Tbh, they should have never cancelled 0 motivation duels back in 2013. It drove hundreds of duellers out of game while it was simply enough to offer some ways to avoid getting duelled (like 72h KO protection now). Hopefully this is only a first step and more duelling changes will follow (outdated duelling formula, mediocre exp and bond rewards for duels, no team based duelling mode like town raids etc).

Dubjean

The cooldown is 6 months but you are rolled back to your starting level, not just 10%. That could be a huge bump down to dueling noobs. I'm not complaining about the dueling, I'm commenting on those duelers that are tops of their game now being able to duel newcomers.. seems a bit unfair and lopsided.... unless of course you are one of those top duelers.

Clever Hans

The cooldown is 6 months but you are rolled back to your starting level, not just 10%. That could be a huge bump down to dueling noobs. I'm not complaining about the dueling, I'm commenting on those duelers that are tops of their game now being able to duel newcomers.. seems a bit unfair and lopsided.... unless of course you are one of those top duelers.
It would help if outdated tutorial quests would provide an advice how to avoid getting duelled so that newbies know what to expect and how to protect themselves.

Harriet Oleson

There's a small "problem" with the achievements ranking : it is sorted according to the number of points (which is good), but the column named "Total" (=the number of completed achievements) appears first after the name. It's weird to see this first column as if it was sorted according to it while some players with a lower Total have a better rank than some others with a higher Total.

If the ranking is according to the number of points (which currently seems to be the case), the number of points should be in the first column after the name. Or if you put the Total column first, the sort should be done according to it, not the Points. Otherwise, it's weird.

Also, in a general way, in other rankings when there's no formula involved, the order of the columns indicates the order of priority in case of egality : in the crafting ranking for example, it's first the number of recipes learnt which matters, then (if egality), it's the number of craft points, then (if egality) it's the diversity points etc.

It's important to put the columns in the correct order so everyone can understand correctly how it works. And I hope the column called "First" is supposed to be placed last lol, cause that's already not really normal to take this into account in this ranking(*), so if it has a higher priority in the ranking than the number of achievements validated, that'd be even less normal.

(*)I mean : new players will necessarily be disadvantaged with this cause they can NOT be first to any achievements already validated by at least 1 player in their world (which is the case for almost all achievements when we join a world which is over one year old, except the extreme new ones -but for them, old players are also advantaged). There's only new achievements in events for which they can try to be first but new players will in all cases be disadvantaged about this, as well as about the old achievements non-achievable anymore which recently got hidden instead of giving us the chance to complete them. If you intended to put a ranking in game, you weren't supposed to hide these achievements lol but to try to allow players to validate them ...

Dubjean

It would help if outdated tutorial quests would provide an advice how to avoid getting duelled so that newbies know what to expect and how to protect themselves.
I'm sure many are told how to avoid being dueled when they start but avoiding being in a town, self ko'ing every 3 days, or sleeping all the time are not real conducive to playing and learning a game. It's also one thing to be dueled by those that are also noobs or non-duelers and another to be dueled by those that should be 3 times higher in DL than yourself because it's what they do every day. They have many more skill points and much better gear. It sure is one way to finally kill off the game. It's also not very helpful to fort fights when asking folks to go offline and increase the chance of being dueled afterwards. Obviously I am against this and not because I'm against dueling... I am against it because there were already options in place to lower a duel level so now increase the options to not get dueled. ;)

Victor Kruger

I'm sure many are told how to avoid being dueled when they start but avoiding being in a town, self ko'ing every 3 days, or sleeping all the time are not real conducive to playing and learning a game. It's also one thing to be dueled by those that are also noobs or non-duelers and another to be dueled by those that should be 3 times higher in DL than yourself because it's what they do every day. They have many more skill points and much better gear. It sure is one way to finally kill off the game. It's also not very helpful to fort fights when asking folks to go offline and increase the chance of being dueled afterwards. Obviously I am against this and not because I'm against dueling... I am against it because there were already options in place to lower a duel level so now increase the options to not get dueled. ;)

Yes i also think the reset potion will probably kill overall activity faster but then so has many updates lately & since im long past caring at all about the game or giving inno any $ l'll find amusement where i can regardless if that means punching down on church builders or up at ubers :up:

Its not much different already tho vs uber lvl players with lvl 4/5 upgrades or high spenders with uber sets & upgrades etc tbh, any casual player has a huge handicap to overcome & stands little chance duel set up or not vs any whale. The gear linked to level increasing adding points, damage and bonuses is already insanely OP & since the dumb uber level update its just gotten even more stupid.

Dont get me wrong I still love to duel handicapped or not & even a pure hp set up tank at similar lvl can still withstand a pro dueler most of the time with just Free and shop gear + good tactics but when going toe to toe vs a duel set big spender or one 50 lvls higher with top kit & upgrades + bonus skills etc it is often like being a worker vs a duel build... oh well says I theres always another day or or catch them in pats or FF gear as payback , and go grind church for 24 since its the only job worth any xp .. i know im not outclassed just outspent

I do care about stupid tho and 100% DL reset is as dumb as the stupidly expensive useless one for 10% which is negated in a couple of duels anyway unless v high DL already ... or the one at 450 that drops just one DL, utterly pointless ... Inno does dumb things for a fast buck... a lot. :roll:

With only a few hundred left playing each world this potion looks to me like another badly thought out OTT solution & just another cash grab to wring a few more nuggets from players.

If it kills activity oh well tbh im long past caring & have faith the next equally dumb idea is probably just around the corner anyway. ;)

Azeul

I don't think its a major inconvenience, but maybe Achievements could be listed after Towns in ranking page? Achievements seems a little less important and could be the one to require the couple extra scrolls to see a rank that isn't in constant flux.

Victor Kruger

Throw in a free refill of HP and energy the first time you get KOd in a duel and free Indian rite necklace with an explanation how and when to use it.

Confession, I already provide a fully immersive tutorial experience of how the Indian rite necklace is used and what happens next. :up:

Heres a good game to play on either a newly opened world or during harvest events. See how many you can make use them ..
Njubs often wear them immediately they get one for some reason.

Best ongoing score to date 43 ..
Yes i know its a dumbass dueler thing to do but hate mail is so rare these days. One has to get the giggles where one can ... :-D

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Is it just me or quotations in ingame forum is broken now?
Works fine for me with commonly used scripts running and with no-scripts sessions.
I suspect whatever change you are seeing is specific to a script you are running -- try disabling scripts to see if it goes away, then turn them on 1 at a time until it comes back so you know which one to leave disabled or pester the developer to fix.

darthmaul99174

@Syntex

Can the duel rollback potion cooldown be massively reduced? you can get to high duel levels or max duel level wayy too fast for 6 months. at this rate it just fixes a problem for a few weeks. 2 - 4 weeks is more realistic worst case scenario 8 weeks.

Also, any update on when it'll be in shops and for how much?

Ektoras BOTrini

Also, any update on when it'll be in shops and for how much?
Probably more than 1k bonds ( I'd say around 1.5-2k ) because it significantly reduces your duel level. ( basically to 0 ) So it will be quite expensive. Now the question about when it will be available , considering past history, it can also be added in the shop in maybe 2-3 years when dueling is finally dead and the game holds for dear life.