Update 1.34

DeletedUser

While update 1.33 is still fresh and contains some more undiscovered mysteries, devs are working on stuff for the next update.

First one you've already seen, it's a new town layout and it'll look something like this:

Bildschirmfoto-2011-09-27-um-16.37.20.png

A description taken from devblog: "you will be able to build your “own” town which means different graphic sets, you can place your buildings on other locations, you are able place stuff like trees, seas and some new things you will need some material for it. The other new thing to the town is our plan is that buildings can get damaged over time and you have to repair it or you will loose a whole building".

Second upcoming change will probably be the inventory. Also in early phase, and it could look something like this:

Bildschirmfoto-2011-10-25-um-13.04.14.png

The change is there not just for the new looks but also to optimize the game, currently the inventory refreshes only when you open it and it (down)loads all items you have. The plan is to get the whole inventory just once and then add/remove stuff as you progress though the game until you logoff.

More on both upcoming changes you can find on devblog:
http://devblog.the-west.net/?cat=1&lang=de

Instead of comments I'll just add that the next update is expected in about two months.

DeletedUser

Actually the next update isn´t called "1.34". It´s called "1.33.1". At least on the beta. And why is it called 1.33.1? Will it be a bug fix only update or something like that?

DeletedUser

lol because it's not the next update yet......it's a sub-update......

DeletedUser

No non-major update will ever include [anything but] minor changes, mostly bug fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see a man standing in the middle of town in the picture. Does this mean that we can have our own little avatar to walk around town and throw parties with people :p?

Diggo11

Actually the next update isn´t called "1.34". It´s called "1.33.1". At least on the beta. And why is it called 1.33.1? Will it be a bug fix only update or something like that?
These:
lol because it's not the next update yet......it's a sub-update......
No non-major update will ever include [anything but] minor changes, mostly bug fixes.
You shouldn't even know the difference unless you're online when the worlds go down for a couple of minutes.

DeletedUser

Your post is in severe violation of the rules, but anyways, customization is optional. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it.

DeletedUser

If my post is 'in severe violation' of the rules - firstly i apologise, second - i'm sure it won't be around for long and thirdly - i'm sure i will get a pm from the mods telling that i've been bad, don't do it again, this is your last warning etc.

But ... My post was not intentionally to advertise another companies product ... simply to express my excitement by drawing parallels to something i like (liked - its been awhile since i fired up that console)

I like the idea of customization, i like the idea of potentially being able to visit and have visitors to your town, to be able to show off your achievements, to design and aspire, the aforementioned game illustrates my desire.

DeletedUser

Sorry, maybe it's just me but the post sounded a bit ambiguous.
Personally, it'd be interesting to see what all of this customization will bring....hopefully infinite building levels along with it :D

DeletedUser

I won't give much spoilers.
In the update 1.34 we're getting a new quest. Although it's made for high levels, from currently known steps seems it doesn't require some exotic (read: impossible without reskill) things. The final reward is currently unknown, let's hope it's something very useable. But I believe everyone will want to do the quest as you get nice, shiny and permanent +2 SP. ;)

A hint: no matter what gender you're playing, try to collect the gentleman's set BEFORE we get the update

DeletedUser

Lets hope is that the team get some grip and don´t mess up with that version like they did with this 1.33... im losing 1 day of my premium without access to the game because they want to show power against there own "fast pace untested new versions out".

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure you could've just said, "In the update 1.34 we're getting a new quest." and stopped there. :p
If I were you, then yes, I could just said something that's pretty much nothing new and as such doesn't have to be written at all. :razz:

However, since one of the rewards in the quest is a decent one (+2 SP) and not some rags or boxes, the quest simply had to be mentioned. See... Not just me, but many players stopped doing wasting time on quests just for the sakes of questcounter if the reward is yucky.