Upcoming event and Rules refresher

• Thread starter DeletedUser20688
  • Start date

DeletedUser20688

Hey folks,

I wanted to post here breifly for two reasons:

1. This section of the forum certianly is in need of more structured activity. I plan on offering a new contest soon, but I want it to be something new or at least a new spin on previous contests offered in the past. This will involve prizes as previous contests have offered. So, keep your eyes peeled for further updates on contests. I'm also considering a tutorial for digital drawing and painting to encourage more use of original content (more on that issue to follow).

2. There has been a series of posts recently (July 2011) that violate the image size rule for posting to the forum. Please do not post images larger than 720x720px in the Graphics, art and media section . Always use a smaller version of your work to display and then a URL link to a larger version if it is absolutely necessary to show a larger version of the image.

Just to reaffirm, here is the image posting rules section outlined as well:

Images
  • The maximum image size allowed is 720 pixels wide by 540 pixels high in dimension, no larger than 512 kilobytes in size, and must comply with all stated rules. Animated images are permitted, but no larger than 100 by 100 pixels.
  • Avatars can be no larger than 80 by 80 pixels, no animations.
  • Profile Pictures can be no larger than 100 by 100 pixels, no animations.
  • Signatures can be no larger than 700 pixels wide by 120 pixels high, no animations. Click here for more help.

Thanks for your continued interest in the Graphics, art and media section!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31859

ok. so what kind of contest will it be? and how much approximate time is remaining?and what will be the gift? so that i can start my practise from now.

DeletedUser24989

opseeee...that's me And, I am ready for this contest!

DeletedUser

well i'll join the contest but the graphics section is dead.

DeletedUser31859

right said HIHI. there are very very very less posts overhere. can we do something to attract some people here? I love the graphic section and i hate it if anyone doesnt use it....so we all can together work to make this place beautiful

DeletedUser20688

Well, that's the basic premise of this project is to try and boost activity in this section of the forum.

Again, more details will follow soon about the contest.

DeletedUser

Got to say its a bout time :D three cheers for Orgo !!!! congratulations on gaining this high powerful role within the forum. May the competitions follow like whiskey from our saloon's and the competitiveness be as brutal and as unforgivening as a cold winter night under the stars, without a warm pair of a women's bosoms to keep one company.

DeletedUser31859

well. it wont happen by itself ;) we will have to do something about it. To make this place more attractive.

DeletedUser

We our not having a halloween competition this year then ?
Sure we will, just post a picture of yourself. I'll vote for you.

Oooo, looks like Gizmo's all dressed up an' rarin' ta go:

giztroll-1.jpg

Hmm, wait, he's not in costume yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sure we will, just post a picture of yourself. I'll vote for you.
Wow this would be funny if it wasnt an insult, when you dislike someone and you say this hellstormm its an insult . When your friends with somebody it's called a joke.

Oooo, looks like Gizmo's all dressed up an' rarin' ta go:

giztroll-1.jpg

Hmm, wait, he's not in costume yet!

Double posting come on , bet you don't get an infraction, lost count of all the ones I have recieved, this forum is too clicky. (Has the whole REP system.)

DeletedUser20688

Yes, I am working on a contest that will have a Thanksgiving and Christmas versions.

More to follow soon!

DeletedUser

Yes, I am working on a contest that will have a Thanksgiving and Christmas versions.

More to follow soon!

I don't mean to keep on but time is flying by and the end of the year is closing in. We will be pushed for time to create soon. Whats the latest on this please ?
Thanks in advance :)

DeletedUser20688

Ok I've finally posted a contest. The deadline is short though so get busy!

DeletedUser

Hey, me again. It's gone dead in here once again. Just a thought an Easter contest before it's been and gone. I personally don't mind if its drawing, writting or some other creative side.
Let's keep this section going please. The forum starting to feel as dead as some of these old worlds :D, thanks look forward to see and entering what ever comes up.

jarograv

Yea, I would love to see this section bustling like I have seen in other game forums. I understand it is a lot of work, but we really do appreciate the effort from the admins in this forum.

DeletedUser20688

Hey guys,

I have something in mind. I'm trying to steer away from the holiday-themed stuff because that creates undue time constraints. I'd like to create a multi-phased contest that combines writing/storytelling with graphics/art.

We have several skilled writers and role-players on The West forums as well as graphics people.

I have several concepts for where I'd like this to go but I'm still mulling over it. Please feel free to riff off of this and offer suggestions.

DeletedUser

Hmm, a comic strip contest. A storybook contest. A graphic novel contest. A dirty little indian in spandex...

Comic strip contest could be a team contest, inclusive of two-three people. Dialog/story is secondary to the images. I can generate a variety of strip windows to work with, if needed.

A storybook contest would be a story, with complementary graphics. Images are secondary to the story.

A graphic novel contest would be both a story and comic book. Images and story are equally weighed into it. (( single page would be sufficient for a contest, i'm thinking. Again I can provide the page options. ))

Umm, a dirty little indian in spandex ... that's on you.

DeletedUser20688

Hehe, I would love to draw/paint a dirty little Indian in spandex but i'd most likely get in trouble for that.

HS, this is exactly the direction I want this to go specifically the graphic novel concept. So let me throw this out there:

How about a graphic novel that is designed/written via a contest format in terms of how the story progresses? In other words, say you create a couple characters and a very basic premise and then I draw the characters. Then, a series of contests are set up where the participants present a "chapter" concept. The winning concept then you have to write around and then I draw/paint the panels. You or I can then format/design the pages.

Is that feasible or unrealistic?