Trolling: Illegal?

DeletedUser31931

I guessed most people would, however, I did kinda want the discussion to happen, just thought it'd be topical to throw a troll into a discussion about trolling. :D

DeletedUser35409

Everyone is offended

On any given day everyone is offended by something. Some people wish to restrict speech under the deluded idea that 'hate speech' or 'offensive speech' infringes upon someone else's 'rights'.

What rights are infringed?

This sort of new generation interpretation of the 'right to not be offended' has become so irrational that it equates itself quite nicely in a fit to any dictatorship style government. Not only does this silly notion infiltrate into a system's laws but it percolates throughout society in general.

Logically there will never be an end to such proscriptions against thought and its expressions so long as there are people that believe that they are the ones that have the right to bring out the guns (force) against neighbors that disagree with them.

In this nightmare of a dystopia the group that screams the loudest and complains to the right people in power stop others who dissent from expressing themselves. Of course, the complainants do this from the supposed moral high ground of 'tolerance'.

I'll remind those few rational men and women that still exist out there that popular speech needs NO protection. That which everyone agrees with is never under threat. It's only the innovator and the new that is ever threatened by the likes of the tribalistic mentality that is nothing more than an atavistic sore re-opened by the new totalitarians.

Last edited by a moderator: