Trains and Transportation in the Game

Harsha..

yes, guys

this idea is realistic - for both parts

it would help a lot to quickly get to fort battles far away on the opposite side of the map, all the others seem very realistic, but the train crash thing does worry me a bit, a guy can mess things up on purpose, say to prevent some players from reaching a fort battle, and there wont be any way to know who did it, this way fort battles can be won owing to an unfair sabotage

DeletedUser

I like the idea. It really should be implemented but there is a lot of refining to be made.

For one thing the speed bonus should be based on the base speed (4 miles per hour=100%) other wise in case of more than one person using the train a problem in schedules will a rise. One will get to the destination with a speed of 200% times 100% personal speed and the other with a speed of 200% times 200% personal speed.

DeletedUser

1/3 of their health? Your joking right? More like 3/4...

There should be limited amount of companies too. Say, 4 per county?

To set up the tracks you need to do "laying railroad tracks" job (but in your town) and have wood and iron rods available.

For companies, there would need to be 2 new buildings: Train Station and Company HQ.

The laying railroad tracks is already in there.

Maybe, instead of a limit on companies, you could have a limit on train tracks? Like say, one town can have 4 connections to other towns? And, at a set price, a CEO can sell a stretch of track or a train to the other company?

The crash does seem a bit complicated. Maybe Companies could Sabotage other Companies' trains (I do believe it, rarely, happened back then), but the attacked Company gets a report telling them the perpetrators.

DeletedUser

I like the idea. It really should be implemented but there is a lot of refining to be made.

For one thing the speed bonus should be based on the base speed (4 miles per hour=100%) other wise in case of more than one person using the train a problem in schedules will a rise. One will get to the destination with a speed of 200% times 100% personal speed and the other with a speed of 200% times 200% personal speed.

Yeah, using 4 miles per hours as a base speed makes more sense. Now, you have 150% quarter horses. A train should be faster than a horse, so you need a train that travels at more than 10 miles per hour. Possibly 15, 20, and then 25 miles. It's up to the devs, but that's just an example.

DeletedUser

Maybe we may produce fuel (using oil) for trains.

Or train stations in towns may need coal, sand and water for trains (i don't know why do trains need sand but i know they needed it..)

DeletedUser

BUILDING TRACKS, STATIONS, AND TRAINS
A CEO begins the construction of his company by clicking on a side tab that says "Train Company" (like "Report" or "Fort Overview") and then clicks a button that says "Found Company". He can then establish, for 500$ and 8 hours work, a company in any town. Once finished the Headquarters will be completed.

A CEO can then begin constructing tracks. The CEO can request the HQ's town's founders to place an ad for jobs in the Company. The CEO sets wages for each type of job, and can make "Openings". Anybody who happens to click on the Headquarters will see a button that says: "Accept Job-" and then the job and wage.

The CEO plans the track's route by clicking a button in the HQ that says "Plot Tracks". He then draws, using his mouse and across a map of the county, a route from one town to another. The CEO needs a set amount of iron, hammers, and nails for each mile of track: they can supply it themselves or hire "Suppliers" to gather the materials and deposit them at the HQ, like deposited money in a treasury, and then the Builders in the Company can click on any mile of planned tracks and "lay" it for 1 hour and the wages the CEO set. If the CEO can't get ahold of the materials, they can buy it from a store in their HQ.

Once all the miles of a track is laid the track is opened and ready for trains to run along. Trains require metal, wood, nails, and hammers to build (please suggest any others, if you can think of them), the amount differing depending on the quality of the train. The materials are gathered the same way track materials are. Builders can construct 10% of the train for each hour at the HQ. Once a train is completed, the CEO sets a route the train follows. Train Stations only cost money to construct.

Trains require oil or coal to stay functioning, using up a certain amount per each mile.

COMPANIES COMPETING
Companies could compete using Sabotages, Takeovers, or hiring Mercenaries.
Sabotages - A Company pays an NPC several thousand dollars to derail a train. The train crashes, and everybody on board loses half their health. For the next three hours nobody who was onboard can move from that area, and people (just anybody who feels like it) see an icon where the crash occurred that says "Rob a Train Crash". They can go to the crash site and then it puts up a map, showing a really banged up train, the survivors of the crash, and the raiders. The raider's goal is to either duel survivors, or rush to a safe containing money and then rush to any side of the screen. One successful trip to the side of the screen gives the raider some money (like, say, 500$). After the three hours are up the train has to be repaired at the HQ by Builders (a 5 hour job).
Note: The passengers lose half of their health when it is at FULL strength. This means that if, say, you have 150/400 health, you will lose 200 health, not 75.

Takeovers - A CEO can send an offer to another CEO offering a train, section of tracks, or station for a certain amount of money. The other CEO can decline or accept.

Mercenaries1 - A Company can pay their Mercenaries to duel another Company's employees.

Mercenaries2 - A Company can pay their Mercenaries to stage a Train Robbery on another Company's trains.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

why not have a train station be built only at the large fort of each sector? its at roughly the center of each county, and means that people will have further reason to get a large fort. anyone can use it, but members of the fort get to use it for free.

but don't crash trains. too complicated.

DeletedUser

" Builders can construct 10% of the train for each hour at the HQ."

there should be a set formula for building. Just like the formula in towns. This way better builders will build more.

Also the town that owns the train company should supply the materials just like in forts. No buying materials from players. Otherwise this rule can be abused.
The same applies to the merceneries. a town paying to players... I see lots of abuse.
I dont see what is the problem with a town organising the attacks on the other town company via forums. This way all can participate in the attack without having to be part of a mercenary coalition or sth similar

DeletedUser11019

whoa !
this thread some nice ideas.
like the train robbery part,

this is not spam!
i had thought of a competition idea,,the train can be fast in transporting goods,,but very unsafe
how bout a ferry ,slow, but safer,

(just trying to broaden the idea's horizon ,,so you know what to compete against )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was thinking about this idea myself and now i see the exact idea over here. Maybe some screenshots about how it's going to look like?
The idea is great, i hope it will be included in the next upgrade.

DeletedUser

I think that their should be 3 Train stations in a sector (small(moves slowest) medium(medium speed) and large (fastest speed)
Towns could build them, Just like forts their would be prices :

You would need 8k for the small
16k for medium and
22k for large.
And their could be allies who could use the station also similar things to forts but in a different way. Maybe the devs could come up with some method of "train battles?" ":p idk just an idea following up an idea.