Toyota Recalls

• Thread starter Thomas Franklin
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I, for one, am outraged at how the government is treating the various automobile companies in this nation.

If they are going to have a hearing on Toyota, they should treat Chrysler and General Motors the same.

DeletedUser11019

i know cars,,and i know them well..i agree,,Toyota actually did something about it.
cant hurt people who wanna sort a very bad issue .

but people are people,,dont get out raged,,then you lower yoyr self to there level.

DeletedUser

I, for one, am outraged at how the government is treating the various automobile companies in this nation.

If they are going to have a hearing on Toyota, they should treat Chrysler and General Motors the same.
I for one has no idea what country's government you are talking about (Remember that this is an international community) or exactly what they have done. So I am assuming USA and that you feel their bad treatment was not fair.

Given that the US government just spent a huge amount of money to bail out Chrysler and GM one can assume that they want to protect their investment. If that means that they must pile some more trouble on a foreign manufacturer to increase their local companies' sales.

I do not necessarily agree with their actions, but I can understand it.

DeletedUser9470

I for one has no idea what country's government you are talking about (Remember that this is an international community) or exactly what they have done. So I am assuming USA and that you feel their bad treatment was not fair.

Given that the US government just spent a huge amount of money to bail out Chrysler and GM one can assume that they want to protect their investment. If that means that they must pile some more trouble on a foreign manufacturer to increase their local companies' sales.

I do not necessarily agree with their actions, but I can understand it.

agreed
having spent 5 years selling cars in the biggest car market on earth i can say without a doubt that toyota is the best selling brand for a reason.
American companies dont come close to their quality and even ford who are one of the biggest selling companies in the uk have a terrible build quality and aftersales when compared to this japanese company.

So it stands to reason the US Gvt would backup their own company.

on a side note, dont think good=japanese=nissan.
nissan is french and has been for quite some time now.
have a look at components, they are all marked Renault.

DeletedUser11019

has a lot to do with quality control.

you may not know this,,but American .europe and Japanese have very different systems of checking for it,,

Germans will drop a ball ona tv,,to have a look,,then they would drop it AGAIN...to make sure(simple explanation) and they are very sctrict on those sides o things.

Americans,,funny enough invented the sustem via the military ,and incorporated in into daily consumer business,,but why funny,,cos there systems is the worst

japanese on the other hand would count the number of faulty products on the conveyor belt,,and throw them away....Europe does not
so europe would get a certain percentage,,but Japanese would get 100%

its very complicated.
but all you need to know is japan and germany followe very similar systems ,,that was actually invented by an American.

but this is not a quality problem ..its a design fault..the gas pedal sticks.

side note..did they bail out GM?..coz i heard it was going to be taken over by the government,for them to control the finance.

DeletedUser9470

i personally think that it has a lot to do with employee carelessness.
if an employee at toyota misses the slightest thing he ends up with his head rolling down the motorway. if an American or European messes up, he gets the system blamed and there are so many laws and regulations to protect employees it has become a normal occurrance.

DeletedUser

I meant the US Government's response.

It makes perfect sense why the US is doing that. I'm just saying: it isn't "fair". GM is riddled with the same problems as Toyota.

DeletedUser9470

tru, but then the whole world is run in this manner...
the law of money and trade, since the industrial revolution and the empire where the sun never went down we have dominaed and imposed our own laws on markets. do do so we use our capacity do dominate by force.
it has always been the case and is a major trump in all negotiations.
it has never been a secret...

DeletedUser11019

somebody is awake about reality .
bigger fish eat smaller fish,,you get there first its yours..all that.
and yes,
in some cases people own so much stock market trade ,,they can actually influence it,,
nothing illegal about it.

Toyota own a huge segment of the market,,other companies are begging for some space and the same sales
same as a advert during super bowl time,, a sixty second window will cost you one million,,and who has that kind of money for 60 seconds ?
but now that Toyota have been dealt a rather nasty hand,,there image can be pushed down the gang plank by tv adds and other for another company that may or may not bring in more sales for the tv channel
(thats a small eg)

but then again,,when i giant falls,,they all leap in.
and why? (so they can get that gap,tarnish its image so that people will rather by other cars)

sales ,,and money thats all it is

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Toyota is being grilled by a congressional committee of the U.S. government because of flaws in their vehicles which resulted in the deaths of 37 people in a multitude of different instances, but all related to something that Toyota was made aware of quite early on, yet failed to act, failed to pose a partial recall until after 19 total deaths were confirmed to have been caused by the flaw. 17 more deaths later, and they expanded the recall.

It is this, and a recording of company leads joking about the deaths, that warrants an investigation. And no, this is not a problem that GM, Ford, or any other American car company is presently struck with. While they have been a bit slow on recalls in the past as well, this is the first recorded incident of such seemingly blatant disregard for human lives that resulted in a delay in a recall, which in turn resulted in so many deaths.

DeletedUser

While they have been a bit slow on recalls in the past as well, this is the first recorded incident of such seemingly blatant disregard for human lives that resulted in a delay in a recall, which in turn resulted in so many deaths.
I'd like to remind you of the "Ford Pinto memo". If you don't remember it, it showed that Ford had decided it was cheaper to pay off potential lawsuits for deaths than to recall the Pintos and install a $10-15 part. I don't remember the exact number of people who were burned to death by it, but it was somewhere between 25 and 30.

DeletedUser9470

Toyota are huge, in many countries they lead themarket over 90 %, like for instance Thailand where everyone has a toyota.
The european (especially the uk) and brand new chinese markets have ensured Toyota will be the leading brand for many more years to come.

do not talk of a fall, in fat, imo this is free advertising, japanes will take advantage for sure
you dont become no1 without being subsidised by your govmt by employing local noobs, dont think they are today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:World_motor_vehicle_production_by_manufacturer_in_2008

also have a look at production per country:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:World_motor_vehicle_production_by_country_in_2008

note that a lot of countries are making japanese cars.

my point being that toyota rule this market by far, they do what they like and the us gvt have decided to give them free advertising and they are loving it.

This is the only place in the world where toyota would make fun of their hosts.
when bill gates asked them why his toyota was taking so long to be repaired they answered him that it wasnt just a case of opening and closing the bonnet...
;)

DeletedUser11019

hold your horses .

just to add,,its a good thing you people mentioned those other cars.
Toyota was one one the first to recall ,,all the other companies like you say,,never did them,, to hide figures and facts,,( more marketing and image )

like now tiger woods has just been dropped by a few sponsors,
(image tarnish)

anyway,,this whole thing about Toyota actually doing a recall has snowballed themselves,,now the media knows and so does the consumers,,sales have droped slightly and more.
it has actually harmed them,,,but like i said,,they are one of the only companies that has actually done the recall.

something to do with its brand and family name sake,,they dont want to have anything to do with any sort of scandals and other of this nature,,that there cars are dangerous and other.

arty,,,the deaths where a couple of hundred in the movie case

DeletedUser9470

Considering theres roughly 10k homocides by gun in USA every year, which is way more than the amount of SOLDIERS killed in irak, i believe Americans should focus on what is really affecting their death toll.