Town's benefits of items sold by players

DeletedUser

Non-residents/residents of a town sell their items to the town.

Does the town gain anything like when someone BUYS from your town, they get 5%?

I searched and looked through the 'help' forum. Found nothing.

Thanks in adavance guys :cool:

DeletedUser

Non-residents/residents of a town sell their items to the town.

Does the town gain anything like when someone BUYS from your town, they get 5%?

I searched and looked through the 'help' forum. Found nothing.

Thanks in adavance guys :cool:

really? I found a ton,

http://forum.the-west.net/search.php?searchid=36842

There were more, but I didn't want to spam.

Yes, if a foreign player buys something from your towns store, 5% of that product will go into the town's bank.

DeletedUser

The statement was inquiring about selling TO the town, not buying from it. Its obvious you make something, but what about when someone comes to you 'sells' an item. Otherwise, it wouldnt matter where you sell just to make cash, you make the same everywhere including your own town.

I would think selling your items to your own town would bring in profits, as well.

btw, your 'link' on the search pulls up null results. -_-

DeletedUser794

lol, you want money both ways?

technically when a player 'sells' something to your town, the money should come from the town treasury. After all your towns general store is paying out money.

DeletedUser

You get no money when the players sell stuff to the town, and search the questions a FAQ forum next time.

DeletedUser

when your in a town how do you actually sell things:confused::confused:

You click the General store and then you drag from your Inventory the stuff you want to sell, into the General store box.
You confirm the sale with the green button and you instant have the money into your cash box.
Hope it helps :cool:

DeletedUser

'No' is the easiest response and doesnt waste either of our time.

First thing I do is click on 'search' and type in 'whatever' the question i have is. Im not pilling through 90 topics if it isnt specific in the 'title' of what I'm looking for.

Unless you're being constructive or its an 'anything' forum, your input is unwanted and no one cares (or at least I dont).

Thanks for the answer, regardless.

To ask 'you want money both ways?', i think its actually a pretty damn good question. What is the advantage to selling in your own town? Simply, you dont have to travel 9minutes to another one to sell. If there WAS an advantage (like small profits), then why would you sell anywhere else? so legit question.

As far as 'technically' coming out of the Town Treasury, thats just being anal. After all, they (the Game developers) are mentioning the Hotel 'may' eventually profit slightly towards the town, so WHY wouldnt anything coming IN from a player be the same exact deal? Exactly.

GS is almost pointless to have except for the fact that someone might stay at your Hotel (which currently has no benefit), then they sell to the GS, which has no benefit. So other then tiny income from that, it seems a waste in my .02. But working for the $ is better anyways because you get XP too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol, you want money both ways?
Shoot I want money from all ways from Sunday. Please send me a check, money order, cash, stock options, bearer bonds, etc.

TS I think some of the later comments were meant to convey to you that this type of question should go in the 'Questions & FAQ' forum instead of the W2 forum. Since you didn't put it in that forum you might have ended up searching the wrong forum. Anyways good question I learned from it and hadn't seen it asked in the few days I've been playing/reading forum.