Town Vault/Inventory

DeletedUser

Dont know if it was already posted, I searched real fast didnt see anything.

I think it could be a good idea if we had a vault to donate our extra items to that were not using. From their they can either be sold for money, Lend them to players for aslong as they stay in the town, and are returned if they leave to join another one. Or given permenatly to members EG; Cotton or sugar canes. to help members along with quest's

Also same can be done with money, anything donated could be sent back to players if they are in desperate need.

DeletedUser

My friend we do have a bank where we can put in our money for later use,thou you will have to be a member of a town to do this..also as of now we have unlimited storage space so no need items to be stored,but you do have a point but maybe something like this will be implemented during when they have to update the game..also getting back money that you already donated would be just wrong you already donated it so technically it ain't your anymore..and chill surely by then money will be easy to go around..and you will be needing it to build mostly building anyway..

DeletedUser

giving questitems ruins the point of quests.. theyre there to encourage people to spread their skills so they can do different jobs instead of getting one skill high

DeletedUser

Lending items to people for quests would defeat the object of the game, as JamesWheatley said. Also, it would come too close to trading items, which HeftySmurf has already said will never happen because of multi-accounts.

DeletedUser

Lending items to people for quests would defeat the object of the game, as JamesWheatley said. Also, it would come too close to trading items, which HeftySmurf has already said will never happen because of multi-accounts.

this thing seems a little silly to me... trasding items would add to the game hugely, and multi-accounts seemed to be stopped quite easily on other games..

also, i'm not really sure how trading between your owntwo accounts would help you, unless you played them both to the same level (otherwise the secondary account would get left behind in terms of types of itmes needed anyway) and ven if they were played to the same level, people wouldn't want to give a rare item from one account to the other, because they would want it on the other account too...

sorry if this doesn't make sense...

DeletedUser

I can see the pros and cons of this.

But let me start by saying that I agree that it defeats the purpose of quests. You need to do the quests to learn how to play the game and build your skills.

Now, on the pro side, a town vault would benefit the members of the town by having a centralized area to share items. This would be more beneficial for higher lever characters by providing them a way to share items that may be harder to find.

On the con side, we start by coming back to the whole "getting around the quests" thing. There is also the risk that a person would join the town, "borrow" something from the vault, then quit the town. Now that item (which may have been difficult to acquire) will be be gone.

So, over all, I would say that a town vault would be pointless. If we would be allowed to give things from one character to another, that would be better. I understand about the multi-account thing, so unless the Admins have a way of preventing multiple accounts, looks like we'll be without sharing, either.

DeletedUser

I was under the impression that the market would allow you and your townsmen to place your over-bundled backpack supplies into the shelves to keep your market maintained and well stocked?

If not, then it should be! I mean the ham has a sale price of $5, but who's gonna buy it?
You should be able to do this: dump your inventory into your own market for fair value price, but sell to another towns' market for full price....
Buying items from your own town are cheaper, but selling them to your own town shouldn't be too different than a non-town sell (for game balance)

DeletedUser

You can't stop multi-accounting. You can only remove its benefits.

That said, there will be no trading at adjustable price or "lending" even to members of your town. Period.

DeletedUser

ok it does not nullify quest items at all, someones got to sit through 6 hrs of shooting at ravens anyway, if i got a little luckier than my team mate/townmate? than why shouldnt i give him the item instead of making him/her work 20 plus hours for it, someone still has to work for it, and you arent likely to see alot of people giving away quest items anyway, everybody needs the same items, they will want to use them themselves then move on to another quest not keep doing the same job to get you another ravens feather, it wont be that big a problem the real use for trading is equipment

ive got three pairs of black boots, and if i join a town who's owner is still wearing gray boots it would be nice to be able to give them to him to help the progress of the town, or to give better weapons ect. once you have quest items for yourself you normally dont go back you move on to the next job, its the extra's you pick up along the way that are gunna be traded most

DeletedUser

I want to push all my items to rogue ninja1 from rogue ninja2,3,4,5 and 6 plus this account to help it grow faster
See this is an example of what you could have meant. A multiaccounter of any kind (not implying you are one!) could benefit from such an implementation with tremendous impact on his progress. The rules are made not on the premise of trust, but simply denial of opportunities to cheat.

DeletedUser

actually.. he is a multiaccounter.. and thats exactly why this idea is bad. By all means have a way to sell on a market to other players but nothing should be able to be given for free.. theres no need for it

DeletedUser

See this is an example of what you could have meant. A multiaccounter of any kind (not implying you are one!) could benefit from such an implementation with tremendous impact on his progress. The rules are made not on the premise of trust, but simply denial of opportunities to cheat.
actually seven is my favorite, 1-6 support him. oh and 4 is a chick, figure that out ;P

DeletedUser

actually.. he is a multiaccounter.. and thats exactly why this idea is bad. By all means have a way to sell on a market to other players but nothing should be able to be given for free.. theres no need for it
how do you know? message me in game if you dont want to divulge on forums. and yes i was in TW W3 5,7,8 but it was alot more work than it was worth so i just went abandoned in those after getting banned in five, and TW staff found ways to prevent it so the west can too im sure

DeletedUser

oh and the selling items is good to cause i could actually just put the money in the treasure since i would have given it for free, either way the moderators should be able to moniter any trading on the same internet connection

DeletedUser

why shouldn't we be able to buy quest related items like sugar, cotton etc.... off our fellow town members or other players. who cares if it's a quest. come on you only need to do the first 3-4 quests to understand the whole idea of the game anyway. even quest related games like runescape, EQ and WoW let you buy alot of quest related items on the market or AH. there needs to be a player market, hopefully one that the players set the price and not the system, but either way how else do you promote game interaction? that is a huge piece of this puzzle missing in this game and it's economy. as it stands the only interaction is this forum and most people probably don't even know it exist.

DeletedUser

@cemblin: multi-accounters dont really "use" all their multiple accounts, they just use them to boost the main one, so it grows faster.

DeletedUser

I was thinking a town vault would be a good idea. However, there would need to be restrictions placed on it, like who can use it, what can be stored/removed. Also, I thought it should be tied to the level of the Town Hall. Like, once the Town Hall reaches a certain level, then it has a vault for item sharing. That way it is harder to obtain, and gives a more tangible reason for building the Town Hall.