Town storage

DeletedUser

Items (as a group) are, or are not, auctionable. In order to pose your idea of changing auctionability, they would be required to create duplicates of all items listed in the database.

Anyway, as to the potential exploits, that of the wealthy high levels filling up the town coffers with the very best in dueling stuff and thus residents in such towns can kick ass without having bothered to earn anything. This would result in rewarding the bigger, more established towns, penalizing new townships. Another exploit was addressed by Rice' recommend of them turning off the auctionable status, which i already mentioned is inwieldy.

Tbh, i doubt something like this would happen, as it would decrease potential profits to inno (with their new shop, and present shop, features). It also works against the idea of providing sinks (a necessary component to maintaining game economics).

Those are the more obvious, non-rule violating problems it would create and encourages some rule-violating behaviors (acct switching, a form of multi accounting where players swap down after twinking their new character and then deleting their old character).

DeletedUser33353

Perhaps, but really no different then what happens in the market place. I still think it is a workable idea.

DeletedUser33353

Why would I do such a thing? A tattle tale I will never be. I just like the idea of having a town "flea market" so to speak. And with the buy and sale prices already established....it is no different than open market.

DeletedUser

Maybe a new shop called the second hand trader where items can be sold and purchased by town members, which is no different than the current open market, but allows for town members to drop items off in this store for a price or on consignment and other townies can veiw whats available and purchase. The constraints of the market still apply such as price restrictions. They are adding a new town layout this could be one of the new stores

Bildschirmfoto-2011-09-27-um-16.37.20.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

I'd be against this idea if it is for clothing and weapons. Now if it was for fort building storage items I'd be for it.

Ie someone could drop off materials for buildings to be carried to the fort. Have a place where workers could pick up stock piled items for the fort building only. Allowing people to go back to collecting barb wire and drop it off at the town and let the workers come get it while they are resting from over building.

Extended let towns people transport fort stock piled items back to their own town. That way when a fort is going to be lost they can unload the fort stock pile before they lose it.

DeletedUser

In that respect, what prevents people from picking up stock piled items that could be used for fort building and using for quests instead? To prevent such activities, such items would have to be blocked for use in such a manner and you are back to more rows in the database.

The original idea has merit, if you can get beyond the "push" rule. To a great extent, the parameters of what can be sold for what price have already been set by game code. Shop items can't be sold for less than their sale price and drop items can't be sold for less than their purchase price. Tipping is no longer an option. As already pointed out, the key word in the "push" rule is inordinate. Also mentioned is prearranged, but to violate the rule, both aspects would have to be violated. The word inordinate really needs to be quantified. IMO, selling an item to a person, prearranged or not, should not be a violation if the peddler or store can buy the same such item at the same price. Selling a potato for $10,000 is a different animal. To close that market loop hole completely, price caps would have to be set for inexpensive, common or shop items.

Gear repositories already exist after a fashion. A town with 40 people has 40 walking, talking repositories already. The suggestion is just for a more organized way of handling what people do already. Yes, larger towns will have more advantages, but they do already. Small towns wouldn't actually be penalized as much as they would just not have as much of a benefit as the larger towns. People in small towns are there for their own reasons anyhow. With the assumption that such an idea does not violate the "push" rule, I think it is a good one.

DeletedUser563

Gazban said:
When putting things there the players get sell price back and when collecting things you pay buy price.

Nope not gonna work. Reasons quoted sentence. Think about it. I'm sure you will figure it out yourself :D

DeletedUser563

Im sure you all missed me lol. But unfortunately I will from now only give a standard response to all threads. That was almost mine for the Ideas forum. But it is not dull enough.....

To humor the OP the new Union Bonds will put a serious demand on a lot of products. Therefore I dont think Im gonna sell my rounds for 50 so you buy it for 100. Im currently attempting 250000 from 25 days and any products I get that is sellable I will sell. The rest I wont. So the demand for stuff means players will be much more selfish and not sponsor their co town workers. Think the residents is also increasing so dont think you will ever get past your abuse problems.

I was thinking of a similar idea [collections] where you got standard 5, 10 and 20 item collections with a set price for the whole collection determined in a new room in the market. That will look like a inventory/fort inventory with a textbox for total value to the bottom. Not certain whether you can in ajax do a one to many database design. {1}[PRODUCT: ProductId,Description,Location,Price] - {1}[COLLECTIONPRODUCT: ProductId,CollectionID] ---{MANY}[COLLECTIONITEMS:CollectionID,ProductID]. As that might have been the problem earlier.

DeletedUser29835

Nope not gonna work. Reasons quoted sentence. Think about it. I'm sure you will figure it out yourself :D

sorry, i know im not the brightest candle out there ... but i have been reading it over and over and cant figure it out.

If i put it the other way around it will mean that i "the seller" that puts the stuff in there will get full price back for my stuff.
And "the buyer", who picks it up, will only have to pay half price.

Now that i dont think would be an acceptable idea.
:cool:

But maybe i just missunderstood you.
Please enlighten me then.
:)

DeletedUser563

Well according to your post. The seller will place the item in and get the sell price for example on rounds :he will get $25 and the buyer can then buy for $50. So where he would get in the open market $1000 he can now only get a lousy $25. Thats whats wrong with this idea. So if you added an option to set a price it would be the same as a current town market. You can also remotely buy stuff, you just cant sell them remotely. Although if you really wanted to sell it the travelling merchant would help out there.

DeletedUser

The whole idea didn't have profiteering in mind. Some people do routinely sell crafted items (Ex: bayonets, graphite lube) at fort battles at minimum prices when they could get much more on the open market. It is a choice they make to help the team win the battle. A place in town provides a location for items to be stored/used for the benefit of the town. If someone doesn't care about the town, they can still make their profit on the market. The two ideas aren't mutually exclusive.

DeletedUser29835

Yeahh, my idea was just as speed says.
It was for a non profit thing.
:D

(you need to spend some time in a friendly helpfull town)
:p:cool:

DeletedUser563

Still ???? what is the difference between this and your current town market. Seems its just a way to shirk the nugget delivery system. So not seeing how this will be implemented. Think most players will argue that with the new update this would mean that "players can use towns members to complete daily crafted items easier.. There is just something off with this idea.

Perhaps this is it:
KASBAN) said:
Probably best if only available to hats to prevent visitors from cleaning out the storage.

I can already seeing this not being implemented and me joining a non alliance town to clear out the storage. Also this is unlimited. So Johnny Do Goodie place 50 hammers in there. lets say for example player HS sees this and now takes all the hammers and sells them on the market. How do you stop that? Only for hats mmm... so why would non hat players place their stuff in there if they cant share in that town resource. Non hat putting in only hat being able to take out means: many can contribute:few empowered by this = PUSHING PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

So in short you need to work around that problem first:time requirement for usage perhaps,limited buying. I dont know I have a similar problem that seemed straightforward but now seems more difficult as I go along.(hobby program that checks lotto numbers)

DeletedUser17143

I think this is a great idea. But I think the best way to introduce it would be to give the saloon a better function. At the moment it is pretty rubbish, not a lot goes on in there and in the west it used to be the hub of life.

So they could add more links from the saloon to turn it into more of a forum within the town. So for instance there would be a "Quest Book" and "Saloon" (although this could be changed to "The Bar") link as their is now. But there would also be a chat room sort of place and each player could have rooms. Obviously they wouldn't actually be rooms. But they could be places where you can store items in large quantities without needing to worry about them. So if you pick up a shirt that is level 35 and you only happen to be level 28, you can leave it there and forget about it until you are a high enough level.

Another idea would be to have a table that could be clicked on and this would be a corner of the saloon for the members of the town to congregate and pass on items without needing to pay if they don't want to. But also a function where you could both enter an item and them trade once agreed. So player 1 places a belt and player 2 places $300 and then when both players are agreed you both click trade for the transaction to take place. This cuts out the middle man and creates a nice environment for the town members to coexist in.