Town question

DeletedUser

I am new to the game, and at level 6, so I will be looking to join a town soon. I didn't realize for the first 5 levels that I should be banking my points to apply later once I decide which path to specialize in. I am curious, but most towns I am sure require a good mix of all types of classes to be successful. So if that is the case what advantage does each class bring to a town? I understand the advantages of having strong duelers and builders, but what does a soldier provide? I would guess an adventurer supplies cash. Also, what classes are usually lacking, as I am sure more people lean towards being a dueler?

DeletedUser

Soldiers are generally considered to be the better duelers (by the definition "one who duels"). Adventurers are generally earners, but they can also be duelers (ditto), with the big advantage there being free camping in a level 2 hotel). Adventurers are also just fine on their own, without a town since they get free decent hotels (level 2).

As far as specs go (skills), they're heavily discussed all over the forums.

Oh yeah, and if you're *that* kind of Aggie, let me add Hook 'em Horns. ;)

DeletedUser

In response to your later point, I'm not sure what is lacking the most, but I'd say the most common class on this server seems to be adventurers.

DeletedUser

theyre not too different, but there is a quest line which is different.

DeletedUser

The old quests are the same, but various quests will be easier depending on your class (more specifically your specs). The new class quests are entirely class dependent. There's been much discussion on them in the boards, with most classes whining about them, but mostly soldiers (mostly melee soldiers, but not entirely) and workers.

DeletedUser

The class quests. The soldier quests are biased in favor of ranged...difficult for melee soldiers. On the worker quests I haven't looked too far past the point where my builder is, but there's a roadblock with 3 out of 4 jobs that are going to require gear to do before going back to real builder jobs. The really annoying thing is, the jobs I already can do and have done, I have plenty of products from, but they all just require doing the job for a certain number of hours. The ones I can't do yet are the ones that require products.