Resolved Towel

aaa-van

I notice there is an achievement under events called Towel Collection. How does a player gather 5 towels?

Thank You

DeletedUser

I think it may be connected with the other new achievement, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Prairie, for the quest line "Attack of the Wogons".

Wikipedia said:
Towel Day is celebrated every year on 25 May as a tribute to the author Douglas Adams by his fans.[1] On this day, fans carry a towel with them to demonstrate their appreciation for the books and the author, as referred to in Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The commemoration was first held in 2001, two weeks after Adams' death on 11 May 2001.[2]

If it is not related to this new quest line, perhaps it is connected with some activity we need to do while wearing another set of clothes that we attain from the Union Pacific bond shop.

DeletedUser

I think it may be connected with the other new achievement, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Prairie, for the quest line "Attack of the Wogons".

If it is not related to this new quest line, perhaps it is connected with some activity we need to do while wearing another set of clothes that we attain from the Union Pacific bond shop.

on beta, there was short period where chests with towels were dropping on ALL jobs. when you opened a chest, you would get one of five coloured towels.

DeletedUser

I just found a laundry basket while hunting rattlesnakes. It contained a blue towel

DeletedUser

The towel colors in order are...

orange-purple-blue-green-pink

When you collect all 5 you get a bath robe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

WTF? OPENED 4 CHESTS (100 Bonds omg), GOT 4 TOWELS AND THEY AREN'T EVEN IN MY INVENTORY!

Slygoxx

You can find them under your achievements --> Events. They function like collector cards.

DeletedUser30224

Towels go to collection cards. Collect all 5 towels and you will receive a robe.
Click Achievements -> Event ->
WyZZv7x.png

DeletedUser

Oh, thank you.

From what jobs and jobs` time I can get towels? I heard I can get those from treasure hunt.

And what does the quest award? (The quest, not the collection achievement)

DeletedUser30224

Some things are better left unanswered :) I really do not know myself, but it doesn't sound like a hard quest so I'll find out soon enough. As for the towel drop, no specifics either. Random drops seem to drop them at random intervals. I'd suggest to just do your normal activity doing quests or gathering products and the towels should drop. I highly doubt there is a specific job that drops the towel basket more often.

DeletedUser

I have tried many different jobs today and have not had a single laundry basket drop yet.

Are there any pre-requisites or do you have to wear something in particular?

DeletedUser30224

Nothing Came, pure luck and randomness. They drop from any job, any intervals it seems.

DeletedUser34767

Yep, dumb luck. Been doing the new quest line on the two worlds I play. One toon has dropped two laundry baskets, the other one has found none. They have both pretty much done the same jobs to grind the products for the new quest.

Ripwise

As it has been said before, drops are random and you must be a bit "lucky" to drop them. Just keep on trying and you will find them.

DeletedUser

I've been following the Wogon's quest line and have found 2 so far just by doing jobs related to the quest

DeletedUser

As zd3no stated...they come from random jobs, not just quest related ones. Found 2 today on jobs that have nothing to do with the Wogon quest.

DeletedUser30417

I did (a lot of) 15 secs jobs to get Laundry baskets. For me the droprate was about 10% on 15 secs jobs. Haven't done enough longer duration jobs to give a good estimate on the droprates on those. But possibly the droprates are 10% on each job regardless its duration.

DeletedUser17612

i agree on those ~10% for 15s jobs.
I do only xp jobs on one world, and now it is the best to do 15s jobs.
I found 30 Baskets from 320 jobs.

Question:
As this event ends on may 31st. Do we need to open our baskets till then, or can we buy/sell them on market and open them later? Will it count for a chievement?