There's a tiny flaw in the game...

DeletedUser

-----As stated above,there is a flaw in the system. Now, it's not a biggy, but it's a partially a typo/history screw-up/an "Unimportant thing that you don't have to change but just wanted to say it and get it out" kind a thing. In other words, it's not very important if you change it, I'm just pointing it out. The flaw is:
-----In the Western times: Money was worth more than nowadays. A glass of water, for an example, was worth what, 10 cents? In the game it's about three or four dollars minimum. And most other objects in the game cost a lot more than they would of in the past. THE POINT IS: IN THE OLDER TIMES, OBJECTS COST LESS BECAUSE MONEY WAS WORTH MORE. IF THIS GAME IS BASED ON THOSE TIMES, AT LEAST GET THE MONEY VALUES RIGHT. Now, even though that was in all caps, I'm not screaming it, I just wanted to make it clear. It doesn't have to get changed, I'm just saying, if it's based on older times, make it cost like it's older, not newer. :blink::eek:hmy:
-----Sorry if this post wasn't supposed to be here, but I felt like it was partially a typo and a history mess-up. :eek:

DeletedUser

Smaller base prices mean less scalability that wouldn't be suitable for the range of gear that is available. There's only one thing you need to know to understand that prices have nothing to do with reality: a quarter sells for a $1.

DeletedUser8950

Smaller base prices mean less scalability that wouldn't be suitable for the range of gear that is available. There's only one thing you need to know to understand that prices have nothing to do with reality: a quarter sells for a $1.
Yeah I laughed at that pretty hard:laugh:

DeletedUser

Inflatable fiat currency FTL.

But Elmyr is right about the reason. The only way to make it historically accurate would be to have cents, and they apparently didn't feel like messing with that.

For my money (heh... sorry), it would have been cool to implement cents and have it be more historically accurate. Probably not going to happen now. Too many prices would need adjusting relative to each other; I don't think a universal division by a constant would result in all the prices making sense. That means it'd be a massive headache to jigger them relative to each other. If not for that, this would be actually pretty easy to do, I think; just change the money fields to have tenths and hundreds along with the integers now stored and then divide all the prices by some constant.

DeletedUser

Actually the prices would be about right the way they have them. Unless of course you are willing to work for a week before you make 5 or 10 dollars. Most people were lucky to make 20 dollars a month, yet in the game you can make 40 dollars for cutting trees for 2 hours. No one made 20 an hour back then. So take all that into consideration and they have things pretty well accurate.

DeletedUser

Actually the prices would be about right the way they have them. Unless of course you are willing to work for a week before you make 5 or 10 dollars. Most people were lucky to make 20 dollars a month, yet in the game you can make 40 dollars for cutting trees for 2 hours. No one made 20 an hour back then. So take all that into consideration and they have things pretty well accurate.

Umm...I don't think anyone 150 years ago ever paid 7 grand for a Stetson, no matter how fancy it was.

DeletedUser

This thread is obviously not about a bug or game error.

Moved to Saloon.

DeletedUser

Parallel universe where everything costs more.

Last edited by a moderator: