The Writer's Guild

DeletedUser

The Writer's Guild(TWG) is a idea I came up after reading all off the interesting stories in both campfire and off topic forums.Anyone who agrees with me and wishes to start this guild can post here,this also becoming the "HQ" if you like:).This way all new stories can be discussed and also writers can exchange opinions and tips.

Red Falcon

I am definitely a writer at heart, so I would like to be the first one to join this guild of yours, if I may?

DeletedUser

Yes, this is a very good idea. Perhaps it should be in the "Campfire Stories" section, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyhow, I was thinking, we should start some stories that are set in some other time periods (I mean other than the wild West). Perhaps, dark ages, fantasy, or even futuristic themes could be done. I've already thought up a fantasy story we could do; I'll let you guys in on it soon.

Another thing that I wanted to mention is the fact that one player can just come into a story and completely wreck it. This is my "RPG Code of Honor":

1. Do not kill someone on your first post.
2. Never kill the starter of a story/thread.
3. Do not evade death or capture.
4. When you are captured, do not escape immediately; you can arrange a jail break latter in the story.
5. You do not have to be the start of the story; start out in a new thread as an obscure character.

DeletedUser

Sparty: Excellent idea.

Justin Michael: "Do not evade death or capture." I agree that we need to be realistic about it, but I don't think that should be a set rule in the "RPG Code of Honor." In my opinion it should be more on the lines that if you do choose to evade death or capture, be realistic about it.

DeletedUser

Although I enjoy reading your sarcasm, the lack of realism in turn-based stories is a legitimate problem.

DeletedUser

Hence my point beyond the sarcasm:
You can't hope for realism when the story is a turn-based open mic ameteur-hour.

Sad really, but that's the way it is.

DeletedUser8950

I like writing, and am decent at it, but I never tried writing a western :unsure:

DeletedUser

Speaking of the campfire stories...

How come neither of you ever join us??

DeletedUser

ok.people so we won't exactly become famous writers(many of us don't even live in english speaking countries:dry:)but that doesn't mean we can't organise a little.also,justin's idea of a writing code is useful,although those who break it seem to ignore rules in general:p.Anyhow,this idea can be aplied and i hope most of u agree(sorry john rose for us being such newbies at writing)

DeletedUser

I write back home but as you may now not in English...But i do my best.
Brandwood Gulch is my first english story those who read it now what i'm talking about :)

DeletedUser

:) Well...you're right oisinallen...Not all of them speak english

DeletedUser

But most famous writers(especially international)live in a english country or know english very well.But yes it isn't a rule.