Feedback The West Classic Server for 15th Birthday

DeletedUser15368

Well, either way, having the opportunity to play an early version of my favourite game was an incredibly nostalgic and enjoyable experience. It was like stepping back in time to the roots of what made the game so special and captivating in the first place. It brought back memories of countless hours spent exploring, mastering the mechanics, and building friendships within the community.

Moreover, revisiting the early version of the game was like reuniting with an old friend. It reminded me of the countless adventures, challenges, and achievements I had experienced throughout my journey. The familiar sights, feelings, and gameplay mechanics evoked a strong sense of nostalgia and sentimentality, allowing me to reflect on how the game had shaped me as a player and as a person.

While it is difficult to bid farewell to the current version of the game, which no longer provides the same level of enjoyment, playing the early version acted as a heartfelt farewell, and provided a bittersweet sense of closure. It allowed me to say goodbye on a positive note, reliving the game's original magic and bidding farewell to a significant chapter in my life. It served as a reminder of the impact the game had on me and the countless memories it had provided.

Overall, playing the early version of my favourite game was an incredibly fun and meaningful experience. I'm thankful for the extra month. It was a way to reconnect with the game's roots, relive cherished memories, and bid farewell to a significant part of my gaming journey in a nostalgic and satisfying manner.

Thanks everyone who played along for the last 2 months (especially if you bought a Donkey from us, you funded like half of Dank Town's construction :'P).

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Suppose Lulu said it all sooo..
time to retire until next Classic server :-))
(if it ever comes back)

wish we could get some past updates to it but still;

the west (classic) is best

huliganu

I mean most of our Town Hats share a Discord channel for years :-D

Sadly there is no way to prove how many Duel-Sleeps Huli made though :'P
Yeah, last 2 weeks were not as good as what I expected, I had my father in law that passed away and my activity dropped and moved on the phone!
Well it was good , sadly could not enjoy it so well. Maybe we will get a classic version în the future where we have pants and permanent !
Good job all and thanks for the good time this 2 months !

degrader

After the classic, the regular server is boring af. Thanks inno for not prolonging the game that was actually fun for the most of us.

Lyrinx.

So it has been 2 weeks, it's time for me to say something.

For me this classic west was everything: what I missed, wanted and enjoyed the most in the last couple of years... and I'm not kidding, that ****ty version of this game gives much more enjoy than the normal one. You have to think, you have to calculate, there are limited informations about what to do and how to do. The game itself is hard, but even if you set 4x2h jobs you gonna sit there and you will think about stuffs. Which is amazing.

Since I was a builder there, I could visit a few towns and read their forums. At Dank Town we all knew what we have to do (except Raider, but he's nub, and the guys did a pretty good job by teaching him how to be a dueler. Also don't forget to blame Raider for everything), but I saw many times where players said this version is too slow, which is a fact, but, the game has to be slow. Like, nowadays if you just register a new account to any server, within 30 minutes without begging for stuff you can reach lvl 10 easily, and imagine when you can use just an old set, what nobody gonna use but for you it's the best thing at that point. For us lvl 10 took 5 days :cooln: . You can't spend time to check out what the quest say, you can't enjoy all the small details because the game will push you to be faster and faster and faster... and I don't want to talk about the ridiculous amount of levels which were created to solve the "what do we do next" issue. That update just made the rise of bots.... Anyway, this was a good experience for all of us, because if you know the history of the west, you could saw that 4 generations of beta managers, devs, sysadmins, managers who nowadays doing their job and really, really old players who were heroes back in the day and plenty other good players were there in the classic! Do they all play with the normal game? I don't think so.
I'm not saying that the modern game has to be the same as the old one, but I'm saying that something need to change. And I know, it's not possible for now, you don't have to tell me all those stuffs because I know them already. But please, find a good compromise. Players need the classic west, at least they need the mechanic of the classic. There are many easy way to make the classic profitable again, all it need just investment. If you have enough cash and you wanna invest to something, just buy the game. :-D

I do want to say thank you for Sly who made the chat available, that add-on made the whole experience much better. We could talk in-game about the old stuffs and what to do next, we could share our knowledge to others, we could laugh on fan mails and also on Nikki.
I'd like tip of my hat for Diggo and the sysadmin team, for the amount of job what you spent on this server, especially when it started dying, and to make the old version playable for us.
I wanna thank everything for Dank Town, for all members who were part of the team, for those who made cash to build the town, for duelers who protected my ass from being killed all the time.
And last but not least, for those who came into that server where we could spent our free time to do stuff, even tho if we were in different towns and we killed each other by duels (well, not me, I just died :hmf: ). All of you are legends in my eyes, and I'm never gonna forget this!

But yeah, luckily the old game made some changes. Once I spoke with my friend who I know very long time, and now he became one of the almighty god in this game who can do stuff for us. I told him, if we could play just a little bit with the old game where I fell in love into browser games, if we can do just there, I could finally retire in peace. So here I am, writing my last reply for now, cuz finally I could reach the point where I don't need to stay here, and I have what to do IRL luckily. I do hope the team could solve my request of deleting the forum account (.hu did it, just saying, and you have a freaking article on knowledge how to delete your forum account), so I won't bother you guys anymore here. :cooln:

The whole experience was amazing, and I'm willing to come back for more if someone make it possible and available for us, for me. For now, be bad all of you. :up:

Lyri

Ps: this is a message for those who thought the classic was pointless and unnecessary

1689760458504.png

giphy (2).gif

Dimebag Darrell

In the digital realm where pixels dance,
A game was born, a wild expanse.
"The West 2.0" it's called, a frontier vast,
Yet shadows linger from the past.

Monetized, a dollar's call,
Echoes through each virtual Town Hall.
Features unfinished, tales untold,
In the heart of code, stories unfold.

The tumbleweeds roll through the unfinished code,
A landscape abandoned, like dreams left to erode.
Features outdated, like old Ghost Town streets,
In the realm of The West, where monotony repeats.

Loot boxes gleam with promises bright,
Yet the core, neglected, fades from sight.
Premium sales, a constant stream,
While the essence of the game, a distant dream.

Outdated features, neglected lands,
In the game's code, time still stands.
Yet in this game - a paradox true,
Premium offerings, forever new.

Tombolas spin, a game of chance,
As players yearn for a grand advance.
Yet beneath the allure of the virtual ball,
Lies a game world that's yet to enthral, at all.

The call resounds for a Classic West,
Where the game is polished, at its best.
A server permanent, a timeless space,
For those who seek a richer embrace.

A price to pay, perhaps it's true,
For a version of the West, tried and true.
But in the end, what's money to spend?
For a game that lasts, from end to end.

So, amidst the chaos, a whisper in the wind,
A yearning for a West where the true game begins.
A Classic West server, a nostalgic plea,
For a better version, unshackled and free.