The UPD shop needs to actualice

Huscarle.

Lately, I've been browsing the UPB store, and frequently, I analyze the outfits and clothes they offer for sale. I've noticed that the values provided by certain sets and items are, as of today, completely outdated in terms of cost-effectiveness. What do I mean by this? Simply put, I don't see the point of investing a certain amount of nuggets or bonds to acquire an item or set whose benefits are meager unless, of course, I simply want to own that specific item or set for collecting purposes.

The purpose of this small post I'm leaving here on the forum is the following: update the skill and attribute values provided by the following sets (available through the UPB store) to make them more appealing for purchase.

• Complete adventurer set.
  • Complete prairie set.
  • Complete duelist set.
  • Unnamed set.
  • Complete soldier set.
  • Complete worker set.
  • Complete confederate set.
  • Modify the skill and attribute values provided by national belts.
The positive aspect, if the skill and attribute values of these sets were to be modified (why not also allow wearing them from level 1), is that it would be more attractive for purchase. Naturally, this should be announced and promoted at the beginning of the game. It could even be helpful for new players. Moreover, the 'free' sets like the Mexican, peasant, knight, healer, etc., have already been updated to current values, and all things considered, they are useful up to a certain point in the game (which, in my opinion, is the key). The logic here is that if one pays in bonds or nuggets (especially in nuggets), it would be reasonable to have a good set at the beginning of the game that is useful at least until level 80 or 100."

Poker Alice

Lately, I've been browsing the UPB store, and frequently, I analyze the outfits and clothes they offer for sale. I've noticed that the values provided by certain sets and items are, as of today, completely outdated in terms of cost-effectiveness. What do I mean by this? Simply put, I don't see the point of investing a certain amount of nuggets or bonds to acquire an item or set whose benefits are meager unless, of course, I simply want to own that specific item or set for collecting purposes.

The purpose of this small post I'm leaving here on the forum is the following: update the skill and attribute values provided by the following sets (available through the UPB store) to make them more appealing for purchase.

• Complete adventurer set.
  • Complete prairie set.
  • Complete duelist set.
  • Unnamed set.
  • Complete soldier set.
  • Complete worker set.
  • Complete confederate set.
  • Modify the skill and attribute values provided by national belts.
The positive aspect, if the skill and attribute values of these sets were to be modified (why not also allow wearing them from level 1), is that it would be more attractive for purchase. Naturally, this should be announced and promoted at the beginning of the game. It could even be helpful for new players. Moreover, the 'free' sets like the Mexican, peasant, knight, healer, etc., have already been updated to current values, and all things considered, they are useful up to a certain point in the game (which, in my opinion, is the key). The logic here is that if one pays in bonds or nuggets (especially in nuggets), it would be reasonable to have a good set at the beginning of the game that is useful at least until level 80 or 100."
Nice one. You have excellent ideas. This idea and the inventory improvements idea does demonstrate insight to new possibilities.

In a fantasy land I tend to visualize a completely new and improved version of the west game with these features built in. In order to warrant development costs of a restructured game however there would need to be confidence for a return of investment I suppose. Recently in the gaming industry there has been a renewed interest in classic games. I have seen a couple of new games produced but they were built as an older style of game from times past. For success, in my opinion there would need to be change in how the game is viewed by users too. (from an old broken game to an exciting newly designed west game with many of the old features, optimist).

We always think upgrade but as far as functionality is concerned would evenly matched designer chosen character sets add to the game? Clothing drops tend to mix things up a lot and although the Work Clothes button is easy and convenient it disables user created sets which cater to individual choice. Perhaps less value across the board towards work performance would indeed change game dynamics. In the present form we see macho cowboys wearing green skirts and collecting women's underwear in jobs and the cowgirls trusting that any man's outfit or theme to fit their chosen occupation fits? I can't help think all these character style games we play are simulations. A enjoyment bar added to the energy bar and health bar might be an idea? After all if you do a lot of horse riding the right pants outfit is a plus while teaching in school doesn't really benefit from a dueling weapon or does it?

Anyway, imaginary visions aside in the present form I see things like outdated outfits having some wonderful nostalgia value to them but are purchase traps. Buyer beware I suppose.

Huscarle.

Perhaps yes, as long as the cost-benefit of the proposed idea is evaluated. However, that doesn't negate the fact that the UPB store should be updated. In terms of reaching levels like 50 or 100, I also think it would be a good idea to implement a "perks" or "perk points" system, where the game awards you a point perk every certain number of levels (let's say, one perk point for every 50 levels). These points could be spent on skills or special permanent bonuses. Imagine it as an additional skill point, but special. I would develop this idea over the weekend and post it here as soon as I have time.