The Tiran Wars: Liberty, at all Costs

Discussion in 'Campfire Stories' started by Peril, Oct 1, 2011.

Share This Page

1. johannmaximus

johannmaximus Well-Known Member

What was the problem with the drawing? Why was Loolayannie so fixated on it? She was about to talk about such legends, which often times had some basis in fact, but then switched her speech to return to the drawing. It was a fine drawing. Yes, it wasn't completed yet, but it showed much promise to be a very good piece. "Loolayannie, drawing has fineness. Your skill rivals Char..." Akana was interrupted by the young magician snatching the cigarette from Akana, while it was still in her mouth, and sucked up the smoke from the burning leaves. Normally, such an act would have brought forth an anger from the woman, but this magician girl was different, somehow. There was no anger at the act, and Akana had no desire to retaliate. Hopefully, the calming effect of the plant would allow Loolayannie to finally divulge the legends that might shed some light on the mystery of the razed village. Instead, she just kept going on about how she was ashamed of the drawing, how everything about it was wrong, and that it was such a disgrace that she would never do such a thing again.

"Peace, please. The drawing pleases me. It has completion not, but I believe you the drawing will complete. It has skill. It rivals the drawings of Charles Rashult." There was some valid criticism about it; the drawing did misrepresent Akana's figure slightly. That was to be expected; nobody had seen her without bulky or loose clothing in quite a long time. The eyes were close, though. They could use a bit of work, but... Why was she still thinking about this? There should be more discussion about the village. "I have disappointment not. Please, complete the drawing. I would like the it to see. It will have goodness. I know this." Maybe this was related to whatever was going on with the others of the camp. "Have you discrimination to experiene? I will any ill will to end. I guarantee it. I would like you happiness to have." It was a desire that Akana would do her best to uphold. Starting with whoever kept hazing the magician, bringing her sorrow.

2. Lord Regal

Lord Regal The West Team Sheriff

Things went as well as Sync could have hoped for to ambush the patrolman...for indeed it was just one person. He had moved in for the kill, confident that one blow from his magic-infused limbs would eliminate the threat, only to find a sword at his throat. He froze, and only then recognized that he'd been about to kill the very person they were looking for, his...original, he supposed. With a glare, the man who to a casual onlooker would be his twin growled, "I thought we were beyond this." Wincing, the construct nodded as much as he could with Audhulma close to touching him. "We are, I didn't know it was you, promise..." he replied in what he hoped was an honest voice. Glasya chose then to come out along with Lucy, making light of the conversation, which helped defuse the tension between him and Joshua, or at least redirected the Swordmaster's ire elsewhere.

"I'm looking for you two, actually. Didn't realize you were lagging behind by a few days, and Mei talked me into going to look for the pair of you. Gods know why I agreed if I'm going to have to defend my life from you all over again." Now that his adrenaline was fading, Joshua found his irritation turning to relief...he'd be back to Mei before the sun went down, and then they could get back and get Gwyll some proper care. Though he had no idea who the third person, a young woman who looked rather worse for wear traveling with them was. "Look...I don't want to argue...the longer we stay here, the more likely a patrol will come through. An actual patrol, mind you," he added at Sync, who winced again. "We'll need to backtrack, get back into the mountains a bit, lets us dodge the camp entirely. On the way you can tell me what all got you so far behind us, as well as who your friend is. I trust she's not like that because of you?" His tone wasn't accusing, but it was obvious he wasn't ruling out the option as a whole.

"We haven't hurt her at all!" Sync responded, indignant, though guilt flashed through his aura as he said it. "Well...ok, maybe a little, but it was to keep us from getting discovered. I didn't do it with the intent to cause harm..." The construct had moved back to Glasya's side, making no effort to hide the fact he thought he was safer by her. "Look...let...let's just get going, ok?"

3. braetwalda

braetwalda Well-Known Member

"Joshua, I'm Insulted...if I wanted to torture somebody I wouldn't be as crude as to pull their fingernails like a damn barbarian...I have more...subtle ways of causing somebody pain, and if you ever threaten my Baby boy again I'll be more than happy to show you them" Glasya spoke in a cool voice as she slipped a protective arm about Sync like an angry she-bear protecting her cub. Despite his dashing good looks and martial skills it was easy to forget that Sync was only a few months old and was in many ways a child with only a crash course in adulthood with which to guide his decisions. For the most part it lent him a boyish charm and naivety that Glasya found utterly adorable but it also meant that he seemed to lack the confidence to stand up for himself, something that Glasya would happily do on his behalf when required.

Following Joshua back along the track down which he'd appeared, Glasya would wait until they were well away from the jungle where a passing patrol might hear them and descending up into the mountains before beginning to give an amended version of what had happened to them, with her being sure to emphasise the point that she had been extremely ill as a result of fighting their battle and that Sync had bravely stayed behind to look after her, unlike the rest of them, whilst omitting the fact that he had unwittingly been the cause of her sudden illness and that she was now in her natural form, with her dark clothes and hooded cloak keeping that particular fact hidden for the time being.

During all this time Lucy had been silently following the rest of the group seemingly lost within her own little world until Glasya spoke her name "...and this here is Lucy, and she has spent a very long time tracking you down Joshua so that she could ask for your help in rescuing her boyfriend...Daner, was it? from the Forbidden City, say hello Lucy" Glasya finished prompting Lucy to offer Joshua a rather sweet smile that was only slightly marred by the still healing scars on her cheek followed by a little wave but would otherwise remain completely silent allowing Glasya to continue speaking in a grim voice “…and if what she says about the Forbidden City is true, then we are all in serious trouble”

"Nobody liking me here...they all thinking me a traitor, no talking to me just shouting that I shaming ancestors by being friends with you and team and adopting the ways of foreigners… and being unladylike...team not even liking me very much" Leilani quietly confessed to Akana's question as to whether anyone was picking on her, knowing that there was nothing that Akana could really do to stop it, not against the entire camp anyway. Truth be told, other than Mistress Sun, Akana was the only person who actually seemed to genuinely like her as evidenced by her praise of Leilani’s drawing; comparing it to the works of Charles Rashult…whoever he was "you really liking of drawing?" Leilani tentatively asked almost fearing that the older girl was playing some cruel trick on her. She’d never really thought of her drawings as being good, she just drew them because she enjoyed doing so though it was always nice to have somebody praise your handiwork.

Carefully replacing the drawing in between the pages of one of her books Leilani would move to sit next to Akana on her bedding; gently placing her hand upon the other girl’s thigh as she carefully replaced the cigarette between her lips “not sure what being in village Akana…” she started in a thoughtful voice as she tried to recall any folklore and stories that may be relevant to the situation at hand “…it could being Jiangshi they no liking daylight…or a yao guai, but they no normally wiping out entire village…an Oni could but they be leaving bodies and breaking of buildings…” it was as Leilani was speaking of the various creatures and spirits that she could recall that Red would notice the girl’s hand gently stroking up and down her thigh in an absent manner with her head practically resting upon her shoulder “…I no knowing Akana…maybe be coming with you and team and taking a looking?” she quietly suggested hoping for a chance to get away from the camp and her studies, and those horrible women and spend a little time with Akana and perhaps even make friends with the rest of the strike team.

By this point the girl’s head was now fully resting upon Akana’s shoulder with Leilani gazing into those lovely eyes that had so vexed her whilst she’d been trying to draw them “You having very pretty eyes Akana”

Doing his best to remain silent as he moved across the slick floor of the passage with the occasional dry crunch of what felt like small stones and twigs beneath his feet, Daner would discover the source of the light he’d seen from within the pool.

Lying on the floor was the guttering remains of a torch that had been seemingly dropped by somebody; though there was no one around that he could detect save for himself and his companions who were currently hiding back at the pool.

It was only when picked up the torch that he would discover that the floor was smeared in blood; both fresh and old, and littered with bones, many of which seemed to belong to small animals though a few of the larger ones appeared to be humanoid in shape. Most of this however would be lost on Daner as he discovered that the severed hand of the torches previous owner was still holding on to it.

Once he was able to look past his grisly surroundings and focus on the task at hand he’d find that he was standing within a small chamber with a low ceiling into which a trio of passages entered. One would obviously take him back to the pool from where he’d originally come from but as for the other two, there were no distinguishing features whatsoever save for a trail of bloodstained footprints leading into one of them, though whether he wanted to follow those footprints was another thing entirely.

4. Zemelci

Zemelci Well-Known Member

As Daner continued to move forwards, creeping towards the source of the light whilst pressed up against the wall, he slowly became aware of the fact that there was no-one there. What he instead found was a torch slowly burning away on the floor which revealed blood smeared across the room and bones littering the floor. Bloodied footprints lead out of the chamber and down a tunnel, suggesting that something that walked on two legs (presumably human, though beyond that Daner had no clue) had passed through recently. Deciding that to venture beyond this point was a risky venture, Daner, holding on to the torch which he had picked up, began to make his way back down the corridor along which he had come, holding onto the torch. He swiftly reached the area where he had come from and cast his eyes about, searching for Alia and the others. With a hush voice, he called out. “Alia? Tywin? Taranis? Are you okay? I’ve found a torch, but it looks like we’re still in the maze for now. If we want to escape, we’re going to have to keep moving.” It was best, he had decided, to not mention the blood smeared floor and skeletal remains right now. That could wait until once he'd made sure that everyone was alright, and still capable of moving.

5. Lord Regal

Joshua scowled at Glasya as she threatened him if he attacked Sync again. "He was going to kill me, I was just defending myself. And he wasn't the one who wound up with a broken arm the last time we fought." He looked ready to continue, then cut off, looking away from the display of protective affection. "Just, let's get going. I don't want to argue about it." Arguing with her was pointless, and he had promised to try to get along with them...this seemed like a good place to start. He listened as the Ifrit explained what they'd been up to the last while, rolling his eyes a little at the dramatized parts...or what he assumed were the dramatized parts, anyway. So she'd gotten sick and Sync had kept them safe. Explained the hood she was under at least, trying to keep warm. He didn't have a lot of comment until Lucy was finally introduced, and that she'd been trying to track him down to have him help rescue Daner, and something about bad things in the Forbidden City. Looking over with curiosity at the girl, he asked, "and what's going on at the Capital?" Realization struck to some extent, and he scowled. "Don't tell me...they did that to you. Kramen Kayle..." he launched into a muttered stream of curses in Jehannan, going on about corrupt leaders and needing to put a final end to it. once he'd calmed down a little, he looked back at the unfamiliar face. "What happened?"

6. johannmaximus

Loolayannie was finally willing to get around to telling Akana what was causing her trouble. There were people in the camp calling her a traitor and a disgrace to her ancestors for adopting foreign customs and unladylike mannerisms. It seemed, then, that there were many people in this camp that were forgetful or just plain stupid. Many of those people calling Leilani a traitor were themselves traitors, if you took the current Tiranian government's side. It was only natural that there were people changing sides all the time during times of civil war. So, while calling Loolayannie a traitor was technically true, as long as the current government was in power, they would also have to apply that label to themselves as well. It was hypocritical to discriminate against one person based on something they all shared. The insults based on her adapting foreign culture and being unladylike were also poor things to insult someone about. It was alright to go down your own path. And Loolayannie was learning about science and magic. She was increasing her knowledge by the day. She should be praised, not scorned. This would stop. Akana would guarantee it. "Give me names. I will this issue with them to discuss. They will you to stop to bully." Loolayannie was also worried that the Strike Team didn't like her either. "The Strike Team has different opinions about you. Arnold and Edward enjoy the presence of you. Daniel has frustration. He would like you to bed. He cannot. Therefore, he has anger. He will it to overcome. Give him time. He will you to learn to like."

Conversation then drifted over to the strange village ruin, and what the message could be referring to. There were several options that Loolayannie brought up, including jiangshi, which if memory served correctly were corpses given again the facilities of life. Though such a feat was believed impossible in Oak Village, there might be some obscure magic that could pull off the trick. And those legends did mention that the creatures abhorred sunlight, aligning with the message on the wall. And of the other options brought up, including yao guai and oni, it seemed that the jiangshi were the most likely candidate. It could also be an elaborate trap set up by the federale, but that theory assumed that the enemy attacked the village in such a way that would draw the attention of the rebellion, they disposed of all the bodies somewhere, they set selective, controlled fires, they knew the location of the rebel positions well enough to know that the conflagration would be visible from their camp, they left a message cryptic enough to be confusing but interpretable, and they had a grand plan to tie all this together and take out enough of the resistance to make the effort worthwhile. The jiangshi theory assumed that there was magic capable of causing corpses to move, someone did such a thing, attacked a village that happened to be near both rebel and government camps, and that someone had managed to leave some sort of message before they died. The jiangshi theory had less assumptions, unless Akana was...

Wait... Was it getting hotter in the tent? Akana could have sworn that the place was getting hotter by the minute. It couldn't have been the fire or the heat of the sun soaking through. No. The cause of this rising temperature was right next to Akana, coming straight from Loolayannie, who had somehow sneakily placed herself right next to Akana. The magician's hand was lazily moving across Akana's thigh and her head had all but fallen on her shoulder. That did explain the source of the heat, but not the intensity. No human should be giving off such kinetic energy, not even when afflicted with fever. Something about Loolayannie wanting to accompany the Strike Team on their next foray into the ruin made its way through the scientist's heat burdened consciousness, pulling Akana back to the reality in front of her. "We can the village again to investigate. You can with us to come along." And then Loolayannie, whose head had softly landed on Akana's shoulder, said something completely out of the blue. She called Akana's eyes pretty. This had the curious effects of raising the tent's temperature by a magnitude, causing Akana's body to take on a protective red tint, and it had somehow driven nearly all knowledge of the Common tongue and any form of rational thought from her mind.

"H..h... Hva? Muh... Meine Augen? De... De... De haben Schö... Schönheit ikke. Sie ha... Sie har Sans ikke. I... I... Ich..." What was wrong with her? Why was she reduced to nigh incomprehensible blather? It was as if this magician had put a spell on her, causing her thoughts to slow down and muddle up, and her body to burn hotter than a metalsmith's forge. She had to say something sensible, or at least in a language Loolayannie could understand, lest the magician think that all mental capabilities had fled from Akana's mind.. "It has huh... heat. This teh... teh... tent has heat." That was something, at least. That wasn't too hard to get out. Now, to keep going. Say something else. Keep the good streak rolling. "I... I have conf... confusion. Wuh... Why you that tuh... tuh... to say? My eyes have buh... beauty not. You huh... have beauty. I... I... I... have that nuh... not." This was going about as well as the search for the transmutable rock. Why was it such a struggle to just get simple words out? Why couldn't Akana even think normally? It really had to be a strange magic that this magician had cast on her. "Cuh... Cast you a spp... spell on muh... me?" Stop. Breathe. That theory was stupid. There wasn't any magic going on here. It wasn't anything like the last time Loolayannie used magic on Akana. There were no books, no chanting, no strange hand gestures, just one person leaning against another and a bit of small talk. Why was all this so hard? Maybe the reason lay in the fact that the person leaning against Akana was very pretty. That fact hadn't really occurred to her before now, but it must have always been so. But she didn't know what to do about that. These kinds of things had been completely gone from Akana's mind, since she left the first village on her journey, over half a decade ago. Such thoughts had been completely flooded by combat and science. But here was this beauty and now there was time. "You have beauty. I know not what to do. Help?" Well, that sounded pathetic, but at least it was coherent. Loolayannie must think the mess against her was laughably pathetic. But it was all Akana could do at the moment. Hopefully it wouldn't destroy the friendship they had developed so far...

braetwalda likes this.
  7. braetwalda

Who would have thought that such a simple compliment as saying that someone’s eyes were pretty could have such a profound effect? Sure, she'd both expected and hoped to get a reaction from the pretty brunette; a slight blushing of her cheeks, a smile, perhaps even a few quietly spoken words of thanks, but it would appear that Akana had taken it far more to heart than Leilani could ever have anticipated. She watched as her friend first spoke in what she assumed to be Maurangian, to then stammer out that she felt that she possessed no beauty, Lies! She's gorgeous why would she ever think such a thing? To then ask whether Leilani had cast a spell upon her before finally admitting that she thought that Leilani was beautiful and that she didn't know what to do.

Leilani had wanted to get as far away as she could from the topic of naming her tormentors, fearing the reprisal's she'd get once Akana was no longer present, but reducing poor Akana to a gibbering wreck was far from what she wanted to do "oh poor Akana, I no meaning to scare you" Leilani whispered; stubbing out the cigarette she'd pilfered a few moments ago, to then take her hand from off of Akana's thigh When had she done that? And gently place it against the girl’s cheek so that she could turn her face towards her and look into her eyes as she spoke in a low heartfelt voice "Akana is wrong, Akana has pretty eyes, Akana is pretty and I..." Leilani hesitated. She knew what she wanted to tell her, needed to tell her if she was ever to have a chance at being more than just friends with the girl beside her but...what if she was wrong? What if she didn't feel the same way? Leilani didn't want to lose another friend by pushing things too far, but this is different! She's not Yui I...I have to tell her or it will tear me apart!But what if she says no!? Her mind cried out in anguish knowing that it would be oh so easy for her to simply let the moment pass and pretend that nothing had ever happened. Instead she took a single deep breath before finishing what she had started "...I liking you very, very much" she whispered in a voice scarcely loud enough for Akana to hear. It was then that Leilani would slowly lean in and kiss her.

Closing her eyes, Leilani savoured the sensation of her lips gently brushing against those of Akana’s, with her heart beating so quickly that it felt like it would burst right out of her chest.

Kissing her was everything she’d ever dreamed that it would be and oh so much more and Leilani wished that it would never end but all too soon she found herself pulling away from Akana to once again look into a pair of eyes that she could lose herself in for hours if not forever “y-you l-like?” she breathed; shaken and terrified that Akana wouldn’t reciprocate her affections and that she had destroyed her only friendship by giving in to her own desires, Desires that the rest of the world abhorred, casting her forever into the role of the freak, and the outsider, unloved, unwanted and not even deserving of pity. If she got this wrong she would lose everything and worst of all she would lose Akana, she needed to know that she hadn’t made some terrible mistake in offering heart to the girl beside her “p-please speak to me Akana…please”

(OOC: Seeing as Johann is going to away for a while I thought I'd put up Leilani's section so he had chance to see it before he went. I'll add the rest of this post in due course)

8. johannmaximus

What was this? What was going on? Why were things becoming so confusing? What even was happening? Loolayannie said something that should have had a negligible effect on the scientist, but had, temporarily at least, reduced her to a puddle of steel. Through deep breathing, and a fortunate pause from the magician, Akana was able to gather herself up a bit, calm down enough to form coherent thoughts. "Loolayannie, you scare me not. I had surprise only. I deserve compliments not." And it was true. Akana had never paid much attention to her appearance, instead focusing most of her energy on improving her scientific knowledge and, later on, her skills with the rapier and its Bálonè style. What little attention she had given to her looks had gone completely out the window, with the exception of her disguise, when she started her crusade against the Tiranians who had ordered the destruction of Oak Village and all its scientific wonder. But Loolayannie was actually complimenting her looks, calling her pretty. Akana moved her hand on top of Loolayannie's, intending to remove it from her cheek, explain to her that her words were ill founded, but paused when she saw the panged expression on the magician's face. She wanted to say something; it was obvious that the tension was growing ever thicker, threatening to condense into an anxiety precipitate. Finally, after what must have been only a slightly shorter time then the time it took for one drop of pitch to form and fall, Loolayannie spoke again, barely getting out that she really, really liked Akana. That didn't seem like a difficult concept to grasp. It was obvious that the two were friends. So why did it take so much effort for the magician to say it? "Why say you rea..." And then it happened.

The relief valve had jammed shut, the boiler had overpressurized, and the turbine had oversped. Everything had exploded in several, simultaneous, catastrophic failures, throwing bits of pressure vessels and high speed steel blading all over the room, leaving nothing more than fractured piping and bits of hardened steel embedded in copper clad wooden walls. The room was filled with steam too hot to see, until it cooled enough to condense on the wreckage. But it was still too hot to safely enter. Everything was burning, but there was no fire to be seen. Anyone who dared to enter would be instantly immolated without having even felt pain before it was too late to go back. The cause of such a seemingly impossible event , though, was made apparent as soon as Akana's mind returned to the tent, just as Loolayannie was pulling her lips away from Akana's. It was all Akana could do: stare into the middle distance, mouth agape, try her best to keep breathing. That was important. Breathing was necessary to gather her wits about herself in the face of this heat coursing through her body, originating from her lips, placed there by the young magician in front of her. It had been so long since Akana had felt anything like this. There had been that one fling during Akana's first journey, but that had ended terribly. And before Akana had even left on her journey, there was Pomu from Oak Village, but he was now a scattering of ash and dust. After those two catastrophes, Akana had started to conceal who she was, and had completely abandoned any sort of romantic pursuits. And though they had been abandoned, the desire for such a relationship had never died. Instead, it laid in waiting, biding its time for the right time to emerge, to make itself heard and listened to. Now it was awake and screaming at Akana to respond to the lovely girl next to her, tell her exactly what she wanted to hear. Here it goes. "Yes. That pleases me. You please me." That had been surprisingly easy to say. Perhaps this steam explosion had morphed into a soothing sauna, the overwhelming heat quenched by a desire to get her own feelings across, transformed into a comforting warmth that made anything possible. "This is good. You are good. You have me salvation gave. Thank you." The kiss was returned, and with Akana mentally present to enjoy it, her words were confirmed. "Thank you, Loolayannie."

9. braetwalda

As Joshua started speaking to her; a look of panic would appear on the scarred Khitain girl’s face with her simply nodding her head in response to his question as to whether those back at the capital had been the ones responsible for her injuries. When asked to tell her side of the story however Lucy would open her mouth to begin speaking only to see his face leering down at her cutting all sound from out of her throat as it was washed away by the pure unadulterated terror she felt. Twice she would try to speak only to find herself completely unable to do so “Go on Lucy tell him, If nothing else Joshua is a good man, He’ll help you if he can” Glasya quietly urged only to watch as tears began to roll down Lucy’s face as she began to tremble and shake in pure terror “Oh don’t cry Lucy dear, it’ll be alright I’m sure Joshua won’t mind waiting for another time, right Joshua?” Glasya asked, though it was clear that she didn’t know what the cause of this sudden and seemingly unprovoked anguish could be, and how could she? How could Glasya know that every time Lucy even contemplated speaking that his face would be there with its hellish eyes burning into her own and a leering smile that seemed to curve on into infinity, go on my pretty tell them, I’ll enjoy ripping them apart in payment for your treason…

Roughly wiping away her tears and completely heedless to the pain she felt from her wounded cheek and ruined fingertips as a result, Lucy turned and hurriedly began walking down the trail giving the others little option other than to follow her. It would appear that whatever events had transpired within the Forbidden City would remain untold.

“Never been better” Tywin replied in a pain filled hiss as he limped into view with Alia doing her best to support the far larger man, closely followed by Taranis who appeared to be uninjured after his fall into the pool “…not sure if its broken or not but I’m not going to be walking far on my own for a while” Tywin continued, delivering his diagnosis of the injury he’d sustained.

With their progress slowed by an injured Tywin the group would slowly make its way back down the passage to the chamber in which Daner had found the torch
    “Is that a…h-hand?” Alia stammered as her normally tanned complexion turned rather pale eliciting a chuckle from Tywin in response “Don’t worry girl it ain’t going to hurt you” he said clearly amused by the girl’s squeamish nature.

It was as this comical interlude was taking place that Taranis would slowly stalk around the chamber, periodically stopping to examine something on the ground before then moving on without comment. It was only after he’d complete his circuit that he would speak in his softly spoken voice “we should go tha’ way” he said pointing down the same passage that the bloody footprints had gone “Air’s fresha an’ whoeva’s doon here drags their kills in from tha way” he stated, moving several steps towards the passage in question before pausing to look at Daner, clearly waiting for the young thief’s approval,
    “hmm it would appear my boy that you are in charge” Brahmoth spoke in an intrigued voice, quietly wondering how the self professed coward had found himself in charge of a group that contained a pair of mercenaries far older and more experienced than he was and an opinionated noble woman and yet here they were waiting for Daner; a mere thief to say the word “well don’t keep them waiting my boy the sooner we start walking the sooner we get to see the lovely Alia in the daylight…just think how grateful she’ll be when you get her out of this accursed place?”

Terrified that she had made a terrible mistake Leilani anxiously listened as Akana spoke to her in shaky Tiranian, stating that both the kiss and her had pleased her before going on to say that it was good. Although this was far from an outright rejection it still wasn’t exactly what Leilani had been aiming for, leaving her feeling rather confused as to what exactly the other girl was saying and…all thought was suddenly cut from her mind as the other girl’s lips met hers.

With one hand twining itself into Akana’s thick, dark hair and the other encircling her waist it would appear that at least her sub-conscious knew what to do as all rational thought abandoned her as she lost herself within the moment.

With a gentle push the pair of them would fall to lie upon the bed with Leilani simply allowing the moment to take her wherever it pleased.

Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 6:23 PM
  10. Lord Regal

Whatever had happened to Lucy in the Forbidden City was bad, that was obvious. She was unable to say anything, bursting into tears before taking off down the path. Joshua had been a little taken aback when Glasya had called him a good person...perhaps he had judged the ifrit too harshly before...although it could also be a ploy to get him to change his mind about her. He couldn't be sure. What he did know is that the Khitain girl was getting away, so he headed off after her, frowning. The sooner he was back with Mei with the little band, the happier he'd be. She'd know what to do...she'd had more experience leading people than he did, which was a little ironic given his status in the world. All the same, he didn't know how to soothe Lucy's fears, and knew he wasn't the person to figure it out. As his double silently followed behind him, probably with Glasya in tow, he could only hope that the answers wouldn't prove too devastating...he didn't want to have to leave Khitai in shambles like they had the Northlands...Mei's family was too important to her for him to ask her to leave in such circumstances.