The Nilakin Crests

DeletedUser14280

Perhaps truth can be a dangerous thing.
The galaxy was entirely peaceful, until the Nilazon Crests were revealed for what they really are.

What's a Nilazon Crest? Nobody knows for certain, but there's a legend about a talisman broken into pieces and scattered across the universe.
Should someone gather all the Crests and form them into the Nilakin Talisman (as it is called), that person would become a god...or so the legend goes.

Of course, while this was a legend, it was safe, but the discovery of an historically accurate record, describing the powers of the Crests, was too strong evidence to ignore:
The Nilazon Crests, and the Nilakin Talisman, are real.

The news shocked the worlds when it was exposed, of course.
Lords and ladies around the universe had pieces of godhood in their hands, while more Crests lied hidden within planets, moons, and the floatsam of the universe.

Aliens from around the galaxy set out, some with the lofty goal of becoming gods, others with the intent to keep the Crests apart.
Some will raise armies to take the crests from the lords who already have them, while others will sell their Crests for the promise of gold and prestige.

83 Nilazon Crests are know to exist so far.
Perhaps you seek one of them, or already have one.

-----=====-----=====-----

Name: Your name.
Age/Adult Age: Your age, compared to your cultural definition of adulthood.

Alien Species: The name of your species.
Alien Appearance: What every member of your species looks like.
Unique Traits: What makes you different from others of your species.

Beliefs and Values: What you believe in, spiritually, culturally, you get the idea.
Positive Impact: How your values benefit your allies.
Negative Impact: Something about your beliefs that negatively affect other people.

Goal: What you're attempting to achieve.
Motivation: Why you're going after your goal.
Method: What you're prepared to do to succeed.

Technical Skills: What starships/weapons/other items you possess and/or are proficient with.
Psionic Skills: What psychic powers you have, if any.
Physical Abilities: What you're physically capable of.

Favourites: What particularly appeals to you, be it a food, or a color, or maybe a concept.
Battle Tactics: How you react in a battle.
Font & Color: The font and color you use when speaking.

DeletedUser

Name: Ka'garth

Species: Masivian
Appearance: 6-7' tall and grayish brown in color. Four insect-like legs extend from under the body, and two arms from just under the neck base. Head and neck make up about 1/3 of total height. Eyes are attached above head by ~6" columns. May be described by humans as a cross between a canine and an insect.
Traits: Stands relatively tall of his species at 6'10", with several battle scars, the most notable starting under his right eye column and extending about halfway down his neck.

Beliefs: Words are nothing more than a form of communication. Actions are the reason behind all progress. Inaction is the opposite of progress.
Positive impact: A great asset in battle, also a great strategist and problem solver.
Negative impact: Often described as stubborn and overzealous.

Goal: There is nothing more foolish than goals. To set a standard upon oneself, that is so often out of reach? And what if one fails? Better to not trap oneself.
Motivation: Was something of a social outcast for much of his life, and seeks revenge on society for eschewing him.
Method: Uses his own strength, spirit and intellect to eliminate any obstacle.

Technical skills: Prefers blasters, but will gladly resort to melee weapons if he feels the need. Technological skill beyond weapons is limited.
Psionic abilities: Able to gather every bit of spirit available, and convert is into strength and willpower.
Physical capabilities: Very quick with his hands and feet, in combat can deliver massive damage in a short time.

Favorites: Despite his stubborn reputation, he is not picky about most things.
Tactics: Goes right for the enemies' weak spots and critical points in order to take them down as quickly as possible.
Font and Color: He talks like this, in dark red Fixedsys.

DeletedUser14280

The same time as Star Wars, David.

Name: Irelisker (Eh-re-liss-ca)
Age/Adult Age: 33/16

Alien Species: Lachora
Alien Appearance: Just imagine an anthropomorphized gryphon, mm-kay?
Unique Traits: Irelisker looks little different from other Lachora, but he wears red bands around his beak, his wrists, everywhere. Team colors, he calls them.

Beliefs and Values: Irelisker has never been particularly forthcoming about his beliefs and values, but his behaviour would indicate that he believes in honor, chivalry, etc.
Positive Impact: He's extremely persistent in attempting to do what he considers right.
Negative Impact: He's also extremely persistent in preventing anyone (allies included) from doing wrong, and he has a big book of wrong things.

Goal: Irelisker wants to locate every last Crest, but he also wants to keep them apart.
Most likely, he'll gather all the Crests he can, but form them into a few groups instead of making the Talisman.
Motivation: He figures that the universe might someday need a new god, but the Crests are too dangerous to put entirely together until then.
Method: While collecting the Crests; goody-goody two shoes.
But he'll do anything at all to keep the Talisman apart.

Technical Skills: Irelisker possesses an energy weapon that can shapeshift into any tool he needs (within reason, it can't turn into really big things like starships).
He's proficient with any shape the energy weapon might take, and the weapon is recharged by means of a power net on Irelisker's wings, that soaks up loose energy.
Psionic Skills: Irelisker is limited with his powers; he can only use a form of telepathy, and can enhance his vision to telescopic/microscopic levels.
Physical Abilities: Irelisker is in a condition of perfect health (for a Lachora), and he has basic skill in unarmed combat.

Favourites: Irelisker has a fondness for dance. He's not really good at it himself, but still...
Battle Tactics: Irelisker doesn't really enjoy violence; if he ends up in a battle, he'll attempt to distract, disarm and/or restrain his opponent, before running away.
Font & Color: Purple Palatino Linotype.

DeletedUser

Name: Maxwell C. Duchesne
Age/Adult Age: 37

Alien Species: "Med Humans"
Alien Appearance: Externally, human beings.
Unique Traits: Internally, we all have a unique organ, which replaces the right kidney, which creates a mixture of natural adrenaline and morphine upon mass damage.

Beliefs and Values: Catholic, but does nothing they do, other than prayer.
Positive Impact: Believes in helping thy neighbor, and will put myself in incredible danger for a complete stranger.
Negative Impact: Very annoying with exerpts from the bible, if something is incredibly unjust I will hate it, even if it is a living being.

Goal: Hoping to collect the shards to be with the one true lord.
Motivation: Religion, baby!
Method: I would pursue my goal even if I die, for my war against sin will have surely gained me a place by my lord's side.

Skills: Proficient in directed-energy weapons, robotics, single or double-engine starships/airplanes.
Pysionic Skills: The power of prayer. IOW, nothing.
Physical Abilities: Can carry a combined weight of 250 pounds.

Favorites: Italian food. Oh, and dogs.
Battle Tactics: I will often use guerilla warfare, picking my shots carefully. However, I have been know to run blindly into a battlefield to aid a fallen brother.
Font & Color: Comic Sans (as much as you hate it,) Navy Blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Dang, I didn't see this right away, time to sign up!

Name: Lord Regal
Age/Adult Age: over two million years old

Alien Species: one of eight humans transformed by mystic power
Alien Appearance: Human-like, but with different colored skin, odd eyes, and hair the same color as their eyes.
Unique Traits: Blue skin, pure royal blue eyes, the calmest, gentlest of the group.

Beliefs and Values: maintains his christian faith from his time as a human, believes everyone has their place in the universe, but no one should rule the entire universe. Believes betrayal is a capital sin, and that all sides should be considered in a decision. Looks down on the basic evils of the universe, such as greed, to an extent that he often berates those who live by them.
Positive Impact: Loyal to the death, always hears all sides to consider the best form of action.
Negative Impact: Tries to please everyone, occasionally pleasing no one.
Goal: To either destroy the Nilazon crests so that no one person may be a god, or separate them in such a way that they can never form the talisman.
Motivation: Due to his strong christian faith, he doesn't like the idea of anyone becoming as powerful as a deity. He also feels the quest for the crests brings out only the worst in people.
Method: In the effort of destroying them, using all skills at his disposal (see below). For separating them, he believes he can seal them away with his abilities (see below)

Technical Skills: Carries an axe with a lance-head on the bottom, with a matching shield.
Psionic Skills: Able to manipulate water to any extent, also able to open rifts in the time-space continuum, allowing him to warp between worlds. He cannot use that ability to fight or banish things though, it is merely his form of transportation, and he can't use it often because it wears him out. Has the ability to telekinetically talk with others.
Physical Abilities: Possesses modest strength, though nothing incredible. His endurance, however, is of surprisingly long length. Other than being good with his weapons, though, nothing physically stands out in him.

Favourites: Loves water, and the color blue (duh). He loves those with similar moral codes to his. He loves peace and quiet at times, and above all loves the concept of equality.
Battle Tactics: If the person he is facing does not have psychic abilities, he refrains from using magic, skillfully using his axe-lance and shield. If he is going to die, however, he will use his abilities however he can. In a fight with another master of the mind, he will combine his melee fighting with his abilities to devastating effect.
Font & Color: I believe this will do.

DeletedUser

Yay, Regal is here. At least now we can keep the thread alive!
Also, should we wait for more players or just start now?

DeletedUser14280

You have my full permission to start...on one condition:
The first word of your post has to be BOOM!, or something roughly equivalent.

And Regal? Why, oh why, are you RPing as yourself?
('Cause it's cool/funny/awesome is an acceptable answer.)

DeletedUser

BOOM!

"Ha! That should teach them to try boarding MY ship!", Ka'garth said with a grin. "Damn scumbag pirates, always trying to steal other people's hard earned cash."

Ka'garth and his crew, aboard their ship, The Intrepid Champion, had been ambushed by pirates in orbit above the planet Nishka 4. The pirates, of course, didn't expect the Champion to be so heavily armed for a ship of her size, and were quickly beaten back.

Ka'garth watched as the pirate ship, with it's weapons and engines damaged, slowly limped away. He decided not to pursue, since they had learned their lesson.

DeletedUser

A large explosion-like sound rocked the cabin of Maxwell's Cesna Single-Pilot/Engine cargo starship as a delicate piece of radiology equipment burst from a sudden cabin pressure change. his computer equipment changed valves and circuts, etc. Until the problem was solved, and at last everything was okay. He continued his descent onto Reich (City).

DeletedUser14280

A flash. Windstalker XXVI dropped out of warp and entered into orbit around Nishka 4.
Aboard the ship, the captain smiled at the sight of the planet.
It'd been a while since he'd last docked here; the local delicacies would be his to try once more.

A couple of science officers bent over the instruments.
"Spatial circumstances normal, energy signatures average zero, no outliers...the sector is secure, captain."
"Sir, a starship is visible in orbit. Primary scans indicate it to be The Intrepid Champion. System status neutral, hailing frequencies are available."
The captain clapped his hands together, "Permission granted to make small talk."

A crew member on the other side of the bridge piped up, "Shall I inform our guest that we've reached our destination?"
The captain waved aimlessly, "Yes, yes, of course."
The crewman reached for the comm link, but the captain raised a finger.
"Ah, ah, ah...have a walk down to our guest quarters, the exercise will do you good."
The crewman sighed, got up from his seat, and exited the bridge.

The door to the guest quarters opened. It was dark inside.
"Uh, Mr. Irelisker? We've reached Nishka 4."
A bird-like shape stirred in the darkness.
"That's very nice to know. When will we dock?"
"Very soon, Mr. Irelisker. Possibly 10 minutes."
The bird shape stretched and laid back on the bed.
"Ah, I see. Thanks for telling me. Don't forget to shut the door on your way out."

DeletedUser

Maxwell's ship, Archangel 6, touched down upon Nishco-something-or-other, right outside the ruins of Reich. He looked into the sky, where on a clear day with no light pollution, one could see their space-port, now a no-longer bustling hunk of space metal.

Max clambered down the now-open cockpit, where a squad of military hover-guards awaited him, as his own personal body guards. RL-1 to -7, all with laser pulsers, combat rotary-saws, and syringes of healing solution.

Duchene entered through the stone gate to the ruins.

Deleted User - 819397

A tear in the fabric of space occured on the surface of Nishka 4. Lord Regal stepped out and closed the hole. He surveyed the land, then walked into the nearby ruins. His goal was to find the crest rumored to be here, and attempt to destroy it. Failing that, he would seal it away...a practice he was unfortunately most adept at. If only the basic evils of life were successfully destroyed...or ignored...then this process would be unnecassary. he thought.

(In answer to your question, Celxius...I've wanted to be "myself" for a long time in an RP...this is the first thread that it seemed appropriate though.)

DeletedUser

Name: Jean Lafitte
Age/Adult Age: 41- adulthood would be 18

Alien Species: Homo Sapien.
Alien Appearance: Looks like a human.
Unique Traits: I am the captain of a dinky pirate fleet, three armed tugboats and a space submarine.

Beliefs and Values: I believe that the more I get paid the happier me and my men are, otherwise I believe in blowing apart ALL alien races.
Positive Impact: They have my wonderful, well commanded ships available to them.
Negative Impact: I do not accept anybody else besides humans, I despise all others.

Goal: To make a healthy pile of cash and find a path to fame.
Motivation: Afterthe small colony I was governor of was destroyed, and we used what was left to build the ships me and the colonists turned to piracy to make a living.
Method: ANYTHING.

Technical Skills: Space Tugs- Demeter, Luck, and Scrooge each with a twenty man crew fully armed with lasers, each ship has two laser cannons. Submarine- Gold, thirty man crew with three laser cannons and 2 space torpedo tubes, also the ability to "submerge in space". I'm highly proficient as a sniper and am an excellent commander.
Psionic Skills: None.
Physical Abilities: Running quickly and jumping up to 5 feet in distance.

Favourites: MONEY.
Battle Tactics: Completely KILL the enemy, unless they are more powerful (in which case RUN AWAY occurs) or worth something if ransomed.
Font & Color: This Font.

DeletedUser

AUGGH! Jean pulled his swoord out of the heart of the foolish merchant captain and turned to his crew. "Well boys, we're in the space above planet Septis-7 and this bum wouldn't tell me how to open the safe. So we'll blast it open!" The safe was blown open. KABOOM! "Sir!" "What?" "Look at that!" the amazed crew member was staring at a strange object jammed in the wall by the explosion...

DeletedUser

Maxwell searched the buildings of Reich while Sergeant RL-3 and his men scoured the open areas.

"Hooah! Any RED COMMIES out there: give us your arms or we'll shoot them off!" Sergeant voiced to any would-be communist out there. They were all clunkers, scavenged from the aftermath of the communist war on Roger-8, and Maxwell had yet to reset their voice synthesis program. RL-2 scanned the ruins with his special IR eye, and notices a large infrared resonance. "Sir," 2 said, "it looks like those mother-loving communists have been using our weapons! Large static IR discharge in immediate vicinity, sir!" RL-3 responded with "Alright, boys, bag a commie and oil rations are on me! Search formation 12!" With that, the boys were off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Regal pulled out the crest he carried with him. He knew that the crests acted as a magnet would, drawing them toward each other. He allowed the moisture in the air to condense into a platform for the crest to sit on, then watched it turn slowly. He then grabbed the crest back and walked off in the direction the largest part of the crest had been pointing.

DeletedUser

Maxwell kicked down one of the few standing wooden doors, and checked his corners with his laser rifle. Seeing no threat, he poked his head through the window of the dwelling he was in. "RL-4, on me, now!!!" he shouted at the first robot he saw. "Yes, sir! Let's get those commies together!" the robot responded. 4 went through the regular routine, him sweeping the buildings while Maxwell sniped from the roof.

On top of the building, Maxwell searched around. Seeing a figure, barely discernable from some heavy brush, he shouted, "YOU! STOP!"

( if you want to know what RL-_ looks like, think of Mr. Gutsy, or search him. )