The Great Clam Chowder Debate

DeletedUser

what is the Best kind of Clam Chowder?

New England clam Chowder
New England clam chowder is a milk- or cream-based chowder, traditionally made with potatoes, onion, bacon or salt pork, flour or hardtack, and clams

Manhattan clam chowder
Manhattan clam chowder has clear broth, plus tomato for red color and flavor.

Rhode Island clam Chowder
Traditional Rhode Island clam chowder has clear broth.

Delaware clam chowder
This variety typically consisted of cubed salt pork that is pre-fried, salt water, potatoes, diced onions, quahogs, butter, salt and pepper.

Hatteras clam chowder
this variation of clam chowder has clear broth, bacon, potatoes, onions, and flour as a thickening agent.

Minorcan clam chowder
. It has a tomato broth base, with a "secret ingredient", Spanish datil pepper, an extremely hot chili comparable to the habanero.

or is there some other kind of Clam Chowder that is better

me being from New England I can not have any other kind but New England. I hate tomato Juice which most of the other chowders use. I also can't stand Rhode Island Chowder because I see it as watered down.

DeletedUser22575

Pffffffft. There is no debate. New England Rules! :laugh:

DeletedUser

I've tried New England and I'm pretty sure that I've tried Rhode Island. I LOVE New England.

DeletedUser

I come from Massachusetts, and have tried many a chowder. New England, Rhode Island, Manhattan, Delaware, many of those chowders you have talked about I have eaten.

My favorite, has, and always will be, New England Clam Chowder. It's the best. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

DeletedUser

Never had any of those chowders but judging by the ingredients I do want to try New England ;D

DeletedUser

New England is superb my friend. Next time you go for lunch and are thinking of a soup, see if they have New England. The sandwich and soup shop, Panera, sometimes makes New England as one of their many soups. Try it and you will very well be satisfied with it.