The Bottomless Pit: Genesis

DeletedUser

"Well, we just won't look," said Justin uncomfortably, making Maria and her money disappear from view.

DeletedUser13682

"I don't think we should make fake money. It makes all the rest of the money worthelss. Look what happened to Germany after World War I. Their money went so low, it was cheaper to burn it for fuel than buy wood or coal with it."

DeletedUser

"Quite true, and our government is already inflating the flue of our currency enough as it is," said Justin, "However, Maria, I'm sure that you could make some very valuable things with your power."

DeletedUser

Maria grabbed the bills, and fingering her necklace slightly, she turned the pebbles pure gold.
"Ta-da! Much more legal. Though I bet it might decrease the price of gold if we make too much."

DeletedUser

"Yes, and a few emeralds wouldn't hurt their value either," laughed Justin.

The group spent a few days setting up jobs and then spent two months earning the money. Day after day, they marked the amount they had earned on a board; all striving to meat their goal. It wasn't to hard to do. After one week they had enough money to build their HQ. After two weeks, the runway and aircraft were funded; and after three, their vehicles had hit the production lines in some high-tech factory. Finally, five weeks later, their personal buildings and boarder security were purchased. Week six provided enough funds to buy all kinds of military-grade technology, and weeks seven through ten provided their "retirement." They had made billions of dollars.

DeletedUser

boston12.jpg

Chapter 5
New Responsibility

Justin had been practicing watching multiple things at once. And not just five or six things. Millions of things; perhaps billions. He could pretty much monitor every important event all around the globe right inside his head.

After a while of doing this, he realized that, if he focussed harder, he could monitor the life of every human being on planet earth. His mind operated at the speed of light; processing billions of photons at hundreds of different frequencies.

However, it it was wearing him thin; he couldn't handle this mental exercise and save everyone. For a week, he went flying around the globe intercepting every bullet, saving every drowning child, steadying every falling senior, and snatching every unfortunate sould from the hands of death.

He couldn't do it. He was -- was -- unable to -- keep up . . .

He fell into a deep sleep.

DeletedUser13682

Rolf was walking to the rec room, for a little practice when he saw Justin collapse. He ran over to him, and intercepted a passing robot. "Get everyone here. We have a problem. Justin just went into a coma." How Rolf knew that, he didn't know, but as the robot sped away, he couldn't think of anything but getting Justin somewhere. He lifted him up in a fireman's carry, and started running to the infirmary.

DeletedUser

Murderers . . . killing people . . . people . . . DYING! I will save! Run! Go!

Justin opened his eyes with a gasp. He blinked. Everyone was huddled over him. He looked down: he was on a bed in the med-room.

"What happened?"

"You collapsed on the floor!" said Rolf. Justin looked perturbed; he must have been dreaming.

"Justin, you need to rest," said Maria, "you can't make the world perfect."

Under the exhaustion, Justin laid his head back down and closed his eyes. Tightly.

DeletedUser13682

Rolf looks at Justin. "You've been working hard lately. I think I should take over for a while. I'm almost done with my residence, and I can get anywhere in an instant now. So just take a week or two off, and I'll go out."

DeletedUser

"O.K.," mumbled Justin as he slipped back into deep sleep. The world . . .

DeletedUser

(OCC/ Johnny has been completely left out, thanks alot guys! :mad: I guess I will use him as a villian now.)

Riding the chopper down the highway left Johnny thinking, his powers could transform his entire body into metal, why not immitate the movies? He rode up to the nearest bar he saw on the highway, "Old Neils" and he stopped outside the back and took off his clothes.

Walking into the bar, some women stared at him, and some men backed away cautiously. Johnny walked up to the toughest biker in the bar and said "Your clothes, give them to me, now." As his skin hardened into a solid metalic strength.

"Get the hell away from me." The biker said, and Johnny decided to make a kill.

Johnny took a .45 bullet from his pocket and morphed his hand around it in a single shot pistol shape. The biker became horrified as Johnny aimed his hand at him and shot the bullet through his left eye.

"A job well done." Johnny said smiling, as the other bikers ran for their lives... They would not get far.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(Well at least we have one bad guy, now. Otherwise this would have been pretty uneventful.)

DeletedUser13682

(That's not exactly how it went, and Arnold was really wearing colorful shorts in that scene. )

"A sensor goes off in one of the computers. There is an incident at a bar nearby. "Stupid people. That's the third time this week we had to go there. Be right back, take care of him." Rolf freezes time, and drives over to the bar in a CanAm Spyder. Time resumes right before he gets there. When he arrives, he sees Johnny walking away from the bar. "Ah good Johnny. You got the situation taken care of?"

DeletedUser

(Since David has been banned, he must be removed from the story line so that we can continue.)

This was too much for Justin. Well, it would've been for anyone. He saw Johnny . . .

Seconds later, the bar filled with blinding white light. Johnny's body was atomized by the blast. The floor beneath him was too -- in a precisely cut circle. Justin did take pride in the fact that his power allowed him to be so exact. He never missed. He was a laser guided . . . laser.

Justin opened his eyes. Three days! He had been asleep for three days! He shook his head in wonder at the calendar on the wall. Then he noticed red writing on the calendar: they had to meet with the President today. The world leaders were concerned . . . probably everyone was . . . as to what they planned to do with their powers. The world had expectantly noted the construction of their base here in the Colorado Rockies. Justin looked at the cover of the latest TIME magazine; it was covered with a picture of the group at a recent forest fire in California. Justin thought back; that was quite an experience. Hundreds would've died had they not been there.

DeletedUser13682

"Holy..." Rolf had to cover his eyes so that he wouldn't be blinded. "That was fun." Rolf drove back to the headquarters, and slept. The next few days, he drank, and slept, and ate, and drank. A robot came up to him on the third day. "It's time to get ready to see the president." Rolf looked at the robot, which was crushed into an almost unidentifiable shape. He got up, and got ready, putting on his dress blues and went to Justin's room. "It's showtime," Rolf said, drinking from a flask. "Let's go!"

DeletedUser

"Dude, I don't mind you drinkin', but perhaps you shouldn't smell like alcohol when we're talking with the President?" asked Justin as he set the flask down. He walked back over to his valet and took his bow tie. Before you could say "hippopotamus," his hands had flashed around and the tie was tied.

"I'm ready," he smiled.

As Justin and Rolf stepped out into the hallway, a teleport formed in front of them. Justin looked over at Rolf and smiled. Transforming into a solid beam of X-rays, Justin descended to the garage of the head quarters. A second later, Rolf emerged from a swirling black port hole. Justin winked as he walked into their waiting bullet train. As the others boarded, Justin reviewed their trip planner. First, they were stopping at New York to address a special world-leader summit at the UN. Then they would proceed to Washington D.C. to attend a Congressional hearing. Finally, they were invited to attend a party of some rich man. "There will probably be plenty of reporters following us today," mused Justin.

"What's that?" asked James as he sat down next to Justin.

"Oh, I was just thinking that there will probably be plenty of reporters following us today," answered Justin.

"Not 'probably'," responded James, "Definitely."

DeletedUser13682

"Oh fine," Rolf said, as he slipped the flask back in his blazer's inner pocket, before leaving the room. "I love teleporting," Rolf said, as he stepped out of the teleporter, and walked into the bullet train. He smiled, and sat down in one of the seats. "Choo choo! All aboard the Posh Express! Next stop, United Nothings!" He laughed.

DeletedUser

"So are all the leaders going to be there?" Jesse asked.
"I don't think they'll all be there, but there'll probably be at least 30 of them." Justin told him.
"And aren't they the most powerful ones?"
"I think so. Aside from the President, I know that the British, French, Chinese and Japanese leaders will be there; and I suppose the others will be powerful, too."

Jesse thought for a moment.

"So if someone wanted to get rid of all those leaders, this would be their perfect chance, right?"
"I guess so, but the security's pretty tight. I mean, if someone wanted to cause that level of trouble, they could have hit any UN meet, couldn't they? Why would they pick this one?"

DeletedUser

Then Justin stopped. He looked at Jesse with a mischievous look.

"Of course," he said slowly, "someone attending the meeting might try to do something funny . . ."

DeletedUser

Justin stood up.

"We've arrived."

The others looked around. Nothing indicated that they had arrived; they hadn't even felt the velocity of the train change. Fact was, they didn't feel anything on this train; it was like a super limousine.

The door opened gently with a slight gush, and faint blue lighting illumined their path. When they stepped out, humanoid robots followed with their luggage. As comfortable as their bullet train was, their New York head quarters were even more posh.

As they stepped into a large elevator, a computer voice, which sounded like a famous actress's voice, greeted them.

"Hello, Team Genesis, what level would you like me to take you to?" she . . . it . . . asked coyly.

"Lobby," answered James, looking mildly amused. "Who came up with that?" he asked.

"You don't like me, James?" she said in a yearning tone.

"Our computer technicians," answered Justin.

"This is why I should have programmed these things!" said Jack in disgust.

The Team got into a limmo waiting for them outside. Except for Hoan. He rode in a troop transport that was specially designed for him. This did cause a little stir when they pulled up at the UN head quarters, but it was quickly resolved. Justin thought that it might be best if he created an illusion to hide Hoan's transport the next time they had to attend an event like this.