The battle for Fort Tibet MC/Schwartzenagger

DeletedUser

A great big thank you goes out to all of our friends who came out to help defend our large fort. You guys are without a doubt the best!

A special thank you goes out to the guy who made the guest appearance...
Staind. Really, I was gonna star you but then I would have had to star a mess of you the next time so....gotta be fair here.

And don't worry about your X-Fort (Schwartzenagger), it is being well taken care of and has been lovingly re-named Fort Bold WIN.

:D :laugh: :D

DeletedUser15169

Great Job everyone! The attack and defenses were all very well played, but unorganized but the IJ/GC side. Great thanks to Nashy also for all the good sportsmanship after the battle.

DeletedUser

It wasn't lack of organization.

I have never seen any better battle planner than Hellstromm , the problem is , half the attackers only care about themselves, and the xp...not the ultimate goal.

This is usually a problem in every world , in every fort fight.

on occasion you'll get a good set of folks who can follow direction , and take a fort , but it's rare.

DeletedUser

Great Job everyone! The attack and defenses were all very well played, but unorganized but the IJ/GC side.

We were organized, but too many idiots would rather pad their stats and stay in back instead of following orders and charging.

A lot of the aforementioned idiots with green dots might not have been around for the battle, but the one who started in the SW corner and moved around in the middle playing with LOS definitely wasn't. You know who you are.

Great thanks to Nashy also for all the good sportsmanship after the battle.

I'm not sure what you know about sportsmanship, with your regular crashing and spamming of our chats.

DeletedUser

Aye, clearly, jester dahl is a man of poor sportsmanship. Moving on...

Not to take away from MC's win, but there was no great tactics presented on defense. Unfortunately, there was a great breakdown on the attack end. With over 80 people in chat, less than 30 followed directives.

I agree with Touchole and Elmyr's analysis. The big problem, with far too many players in w10, is a gross failure to follow directions, instead acting selfishly, which results in a complete failure, an inability to have any plan fulfilled. It is indeed frustrating to succeed in getting so many to show up in chat, and yet so few following directions.

And thanks Touchole, I caught your compliment. But, I must admit, I take responsibility for being unable to get everyone to clearly understand just how important it is to follow directions, to work as a team and I hold many of the towns' leaders for failing to reinforce the importance of teamwork. Unless I'm to assume we were tasked to lead a hundred blind monkeys, at some point leadership needs to take responsibility. I tried many times, stated it in the invites, but for some reason, somewhere along the way, I must have failed in bringing the point across.

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, you tried as hard as you could. It just isn't your fault. I honestly don't think that the top MC generals/leaders could of have worked as hard as you did. You sent out so many telegrams and information to every member of the town that I have no idea how you possibly got the time to do it. I don't think that it was possible for you to work harder, you just worked so hard preparing for this.

Unfortunately, I was unable to be online during the battle because of the time and my internet was down on top of that, but I'm guessing that some of our guys didn't follow the directions from all the info on the forums. If people would actually open their eyes and listen, we would have one more large fort now.

So anyway, I salute you Hell, *takes off hat* you tried your hardest and we deserved a win.

DeletedUser

But, I must admit, I take responsibility for being unable to get everyone to clearly understand just how important it is to follow directions, to work as a team
Don't. Even a dyslexic rock could understand the plan and it's importance. The willingness was lacking on their side. Next time, do it again like you did it this time.

DeletedUser

GC's meatshield Imtealc must sacrifice to save 10 more people.

DeletedUser

I have never seen any better battle planner than Hellstromm , the problem is , half the attackers only care about themselves, and the xp...not the ultimate goal.

on occasion you'll get a good set of folks who can follow direction , and take a fort , but it's rare.

Not so rare, MC not only defended our own but also over took a fort yesterday & for many attacking fort Schwartzenagger, it was their very first battle.
For people like them, their success was truly dependent on their leaders. For future battles, they learned the right way the first time so it would be nothing less than success for them in the future battles.

DeletedUser1105

Whoever won the first battle was always going to win the second one.

Our original plan was to take the large fort and all survivors rush to swarzennegger for the defense. Seeing as we lost the large fort battle, there were no survivors to get across there.

DeletedUser9470

true! with an outstanding 60 odd remaining! it must have been easy to take a towerless fort.
i spectated the first battle
IJ had a chance if they had pushed on keeping the tower that was given to them, instead there was a sense of fear and they backed off to watch!

u know, u can watch a fort battle without being part of it!

well done MC once again the MC leaders manage to get troops together easily.
maybe because as a Mercenary, you feel valued to the coalition.
all individuals are taken care of, theres a sense of unison, even family like.
if you become a mercenary you stay a mercenary for life.
ill be joining the FBs tonight, Im sure we can pull these two Diablo battles off as well!
:)

DeletedUser9470

so the ones who were moving baked off...
sense of fear thing...
;)

DeletedUser

so the ones who were moving baked off...
sense of fear thing...
;)
Ever consider thinking before you type? Nobody backed off, just plenty that didn't step forward. For a guy who claims to have seen the fort fight, you obviously didn't watch it.

DeletedUser

Whoever won the first battle was always going to win the second one.

Our original plan was to take the large fort and all survivors rush to swarzennegger for the defense. Seeing as we lost the large fort battle, there were no survivors to get across there.

Then I suppose that was a bad plan. There may have been a few people there from the first, none of them full on health but the bulk of attackers were all people who headed there after not making it to the first one. Same as the defenders that were there I suppose.

DeletedUser

Not true Berkie, and incorrectly painting the scene will not 'trick' smart people into falling for future baitings.

At the time the Free Tibet fort war was over, the amount of people at Fort Schwarzenegger was less than half of what eventually ended up at that fort battle.

DeletedUser

ehh, maybe Hells, i didn't check any names against either but like I said, i know there was a few there from Tibet and no one was starred at the 2nd so it was a first come first serve thing. The few that did make it in from Tibet were injured, so they didn't last too long, but went in to take some bullets. I know that many of the remaining 20 or so got a crash course in fort battles 101.

DeletedUser

Pointing fingers now is useless.

If I was in Hell's place I would try the same aproach to the fort.

Now I don't think is the best one to overcome that defense, regardless how people behave in the battle.

I hate to say this but it MC adapted faster to the new rules in fort battle (at least defending). If walls and towers gives you a lot of bonus you have to use them otherwise there is no point on upgrading them.

It is not the end of tte world, we will learn from our mistakes and the next time the outcome it will be diferent.

DeletedUser13484

We have a few good battle planners in the MC just as good as Hellstromm

So you saying the MC are rare cos we have taken 4 forts now. :D