Study on the time taken to get/complete fishing rod

DeletedUser8627

I'm now going onto my 20th hour shortly.

I got a load of trout but not one rod yet.

DeletedUser

No premiums.

2 hours - no rod (real life was the reason for doing 2 hours at a time for the first try.) Went to 2 hours of posters (made level 2 at about that time), then my next 0.5 hour of fishing I got my rod.
I'd decided to do 2 hours per level until I got it, so I wasn't spinning my wheels waiting for it, earning no experience - I think this kind of goes to the real question behind the OP.

But, it took me 36 hours on another world to get a rod - so it is kind of a roulette wheel of chance on if it is worth it or not. Although, to go straight to level 10, it is probably worth trying about 4 hours per level.

The spade was another story. Took me about 8 hours to get my first spade after the rod.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16628

10 premium hours and counting I'm doing something else,Ticked off I'll try again tomorrow.

DeletedUser23145

I got the rod after 8 hours fishing and then got the spade on my first attempt now i have to wait one more level and then i can complete that task for another bonus few levels

DeletedUser16628

14 hours and counting w/ premium,Taking a break from fishing.Plenty of fish no rod yet!

DeletedUser16628

16 hours got that dang rod now I must finish the quest,yahooooooooo

DeletedUser

6 hours for the rod and got some black rags and a club along the way w/premium

DeletedUser

Finally after 24 hours I got rod, I prayed for about half of the time i was fishing

No premium

DeletedUser

Got the rod after 1 hour of fishing. Got another one off the next 6 hours.

DeletedUser

fantastic, keep them rolling in. on a side note my world eleven guy started fishing at 8pm thursday and will complete the quest at 11 pm sunday, world 12 started at 8pm thursday and still has no rod.