straightening the river

DeletedUser

well... i recently joined world... hmm it is either 2 or 6... can't remember, but that isn't important

well i decided to go with a kind of pure builder/swimmer

i will explain:
1) its is mostly builder, i just would put skill points in swimming... i had checked theweststats.com, and found that i could split between swimming and construction and get straightening the river pretty early....

2)so i got it at level 7
riverjob.jpg

as you can see... of course, i bought some nice clothes with good stats and got this at level 7

after having this job... i looked and thought about it... do you think it is worth it to keep putting skill points on swimming as well and continue on to bridge building and rafting wood or steering a paddle steamer?

1) i believe bridge building is pretty valuable... but rafting wood won't provide very good items :dry:

2)also steering a paddle steamer seems like i would have to continue adding points in swimming for a long time

i just can't quite decide... please provide your opinions on the matter

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There's no reason for it. Pure construction has plenty of xp jobs on it's own. Without gear it'll give you setting up telegraph poles at level 9, which is better xp than straightening the river, and better cash. Constructing a ranch house is the best construction xp job for a while, and you can get it easily at around level 20-22 with gear. It doesn't use swimming.

The job that makes swimming great for power leveling is rafting wood, not straightening the river, which is mediocre. Pure swimming will get you rafting wood at around level 11 naked.

If you split strength/con and mobility/swimming, you'll get setting telegraph poles around level 11 naked, constructing a ranch house at level 44 naked, and rafting wood at about level 20 naked.

I personally see absolutely no reason for it. You'll get the best xp skills later, not earlier, plus you'll be a mediocre builder.

Note: I did the math quick, so it might be a little bit off, but not much. Pure con or swimming is clearly better than a hybrid.

DeletedUser

thanks... i am continuing to rafting wood.... with this though... then switching back to pure construction