Star Wars VII Trailer

DeletedUser

I fully suspect that everyone even glancing at this has already seen the trailer, but for those that haven't;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

But I'd like to know what people actually think of it.

I for one, as someone who was deeply sceptical of Disney's announcement initially, am actually kinda impressed by the trailer and am actually looking forward to the release.

DeletedUser36559

Hmm, not sure how I fell about this, I honestly wish there would have been some space shots in the trailer, and some of the wide sweeping panoramic shots star wars is known for. The entire trailer felt very tight, shots zoomed right in not panned out so we can see the entire scope of the action, feel like we are gonna miss out because of it. Finally of course it is JJ Abrams so prepare for the flare, lens flare that is, only 2 in the trailer but I unfortunately feel like we are gonna get a lot in the actual movie. Overall it looks promising but I will save my judgement for when the movie actually comes out.

DeletedUser

There were lens flares in teh trailer? Where? I can't see them.

DeletedUser36559

I think I saw 2 in there but there might be more in the actual film.

DeletedUser

I noticed the shots of the Falcon looked 'handheld' a la Battlestar Galactica. My 2-bits? I'll wait until I see it. It could go either way...

DeletedUser28032

Didn't look too bad though I think I am going to file "Lightsabre crossguards" with the Twin blade lightsabre under the category of looks cool but liable to disembowel the wielder

DeletedUser13682

Am not liking title, not liking crossguard on lightsabre, "No! Lightsabre is fine! Does not need silly crossguard!". Nut everything else looks great, I think. CGI may be good enough for Star Wars now, and I would like to see what Abrams does with all those characters from the original trilogy.

Ripwise

I wont comment on the trailer because it doesnt give the real "feel" how its gonna be. As a fan i cannot wait for the movie but then again, when i see the first movie then im gonna be impatient for the other 2 parts of trilogy :D

DeletedUser1121

This is no trailer. It is just a very small peak in some special effects.
Still can't wait to see the movie although it will most likely disappoint me.

DeletedUser

Just watched the latest trailer on YouTube. I have to admit. when I saw the first trailer, I wasn't that impressed, but this one is swaying me a little. :)

DeletedUser

"Chewie, We're home" :)

Good teaser this one. Almost didnt recognise the wrecked imperial star destroyer in the background in the first shot. Very cool. Also was that Luke speaking?

DeletedUser

I think it was supposed to be him, but it didn't sound like him. Then again, Mark Hamill is a genius with voices. He does loads of cartoon work, so maybe it was him.

DeletedUser

Some are saying its a line taken directly from the ROTJ soundtrack, maybe that might explain the younger voice.

DeletedUser

Not sure exactly the plot they are going to follow here now that Lucas is out of the picture but I ready for another SW film

Apelatia

I'm anticipating this with some excitement myself. Like Big John, the first trailer really did little to calm my fears about the upcoming film. However, this latest teaser has abated those fears somewhat, especially with some of the old characters from the previous films being present. The identity of these two people on Tatooine interests me too... (If that is indeed Tatooine?)

DeletedUser

Having never read any of the books, I am only vaguely aware that - after Jedi - The Emperor made a comeback. I'm just curious if they are going to go down this road with Ian McDiarmid or if it will be a brand-new storyline...

DeletedUser

That isn't Tatooine but Jakku. Apparently its an important planet now, with a Resistance (yep, not rebels anymore) base and it gets attacked by the uh...the First Order, which is a new faction with the new stormtroopers. The battle is the main topic of the Battlefront game coming out soon.

Apelatia

Interesting... When Han Solo says, "Chewie, we're home", where is he referring to then?

This all sounds quite exciting... New factions, new names, new planets... Too much new is a bad thing, but if kept in moderation, new things can work well. Does Jakku appear in any of the other films? I can't remember it myself if it did...