• Eleven

Votes: 8 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It's time to start the voting!! :D

Some great work has been entered this time around! That, and the turnout has well exceeded my expectations as well! Because of this, and in honor of the world cup, we'll do it playoff style rounds!! Just vote for your favorite from each grouping! The top 3 from each group will move on to the second round! Voting for this round will last 1 week, so hurry don't miss out!

Group A
Group B
Group D

Group C:

1:
independence-1.png

2:
SOTM_July_azeul2-2.png

3:
SOTM_July_azeul1.png

4:
zappabanner2.png

5:
unclesam.png

6:
QASH.png

7:
independenceday5y.jpg

8:
julysotm.png

9:
dsfdgfdfgsdsfg.png

10:
erfgdgfsd.png

11:
independencedaycomp1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Number (3). it had a western feel to it is why number 3 got my vote on this one. Very hard this round to share my opinion.

DeletedUser15169

oooo! That is a hard choice. I had to pick number one because as a patriotic and American exceptionalist, it is the most true statement.

DeletedUser

I had to pick 9. I liked the map of all the places America has invaded for itsoil and wealth whilst crying freedom! Very ironic.

DeletedUser21630

Number 9 stands out from the rest! So my vote goes to... number 9 !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Shouldn't the imagery focus more on western themes?

These images are done really well. But a feel a lot miss the point. Granted the 4th is for all America, but this game is called the The West. How many British red coats where in the actual west or colonial minutemen.

Deleted User - 1278415

These images are done really well. But a feel a lot miss the point. Granted the 4th is for all America, but this game is called the The West. How many British red coats where in the actual west or colonial minutemen.

Well that might be missing the point too. Art is in the eye of the beholder.

The theme was Independence. Granted this site is The West, but it did not necessarily state that it had to be tied to the west.

Matter of fact the theme suggested Canada Day could be celebrated as well... as long as a flag was not shown in the image.

For a game that was based in the U.S. West that ties into the U.S. Independence theme for The West.

Now say if this game was about The Eastern Soviet Iron Curtain game then you would have probably seen more Red and Yellow used...vs the Red White & Blue colors used through many banners.

I racked my brain trying to make a Candian Independence banner. The only thing I could think of for C5 was to use the dates. US, Canadian, Australian, Iraq Independence days.

DeletedUser13113

From Wikipedia: The American Old West (often referred to as the Old West, Wild West or Far West) comprises the history, geography, people, lore, and cultural expression of life in the Western United States, most often referring to the period of the later half of the 19th century, between the American Civil War and the end of the century.

Since the theme was the "4th of July-Independence Day" and the west took place in the later half of the 19th century, you can see that there is a mismatch between the theme and the West period. With that, in answer to your question, there probably weren't any red coats or colonial minute men, since the independence day would have been almost 100 years prior to the west. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.