SOTM Voting - FINALS!

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite!

• One

Votes: 71 17.6%
  • Two

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • Three

Votes: 27 6.7%
  • Four

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Five

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • Six

Votes: 65 16.1%
  • Seven

Votes: 41 10.2%
  • Eight

Votes: 47 11.7%
  • Nine

Votes: 33 8.2%
  • Ten

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • Eleven

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Twelve

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Thirteen

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • Fourteen

Votes: 10 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

A bit difficult to decide, I was between #1 and #8.

I do wish though, that there was less copy and pasting of historical documents and pictures, and more original work. If it is original, I apologize, but I know I've seen pictures, documents and soldiers that look the same from games and real life experiences. But that being said, nice effort by you all, I know how difficult graphics can be, sometimes my job entails them.

Two things bothered me about number one, it was the coloring of the fireworks behind the woman, and the lettering style. It was a bit off to me. I like it, but those things bother me a bit.

I liked #1...
Female touch ++
Non use of Military/history +
Non use of Movie ID4 +
The only think I give it neg for is use of lettering for July 4th... I wanted to see a universal Independence day banner that could be used world wide.

Good Luck to all!

Independence Day is an American holiday. If you're speaking in the general concept of Independence then the signature wouldn't make sense due to the cowgirl.

Me too but remember this is english forum, even though that includes england and such but yea..

Almost all of Asia, Europe, North America, Australia, and parts of Africa and South America speak English. So I don't think it can be a limiting factor.

But as previously said, good job by all of you, and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

listen folks when voting be sure the one you r voting for is clear and you can see it all plainly. Do not vote for the person who made it. The one i thought was the best did not even make it in to finals. And i am very good judge so it tells me you guys are voting on something else other than the hard work these folks put into these banners. It has to be clear and plain to the eye not wondering what the picture is. any ways good job to all who competed in this.

Not to mention that the one winning has very little to do with the actual subject of independence day.

DeletedUser

go go Ana!

why is everyone limited to square shapes ? design = creativity, square boxes = `99 ..

DeletedUser19861

I am sure everyone is aware that the theme was very American and not all people playing TW is American. I for one is from South Africa and I found it hard to get something to complement the theme. I actually had to do some research on the 4th of July so I decided to do my signature entry from a historical view point. As I understand the Deceleration of Independence was signed on the 4th of July 1776 and therefore Independence day is celebrated each year on the 4th of July? I do apologize if my understanding is somewhat wrong, heck I tried.

Wrt the comment on square boxes, I did have a different idea to get away from the boring regtangular shape signature but just felt it was not good enough. Here it is below:

17497.jpg

Thank you for all the support. It would be nice to have the next competition theme non political and country specific, something different, fun and challenging.

DeletedUser

edited - right, ok

have fun :)

DeletedUser13113

abbaton,

The reason most people tied this competition to the US is because the theme said "4th of July - Independence Day". That is the date of the American Independence Day. The initiator did not think of Independence Day in the broader sense, she specifically stated 4th of July, which is the US Independence day, not the day in South African history that they got their independence, or any other country. broader sense of the tern "Independence Day" was used, but that was by a limited number of people.

So basically you said you are voting for #1 not because it fits into the theme, but because there are no "soldiering bs"? Independence is usually achieved through war...there are very few war-less independences, because one country or group of people are fighting to break free from another controlling group. That's just reality. You have every right to not like war, but just as fireworks are associated with independence, so is war and soldiers.

DeletedUser

I am sure everyone is aware that the theme was very American and not all people playing TW is American. I for one is from South Africa and I found it hard to get something to complement the theme. I actually had to do some research on the 4th of July so I decided to do my signature entry from a historical view point. As I understand the Deceleration of Independence was signed on the 4th of July 1776 and therefore Independence day is celebrated each year on the 4th of July? I do apologize if my understanding is somewhat wrong, heck I tried.

Thank you for all the support. It would be nice to have the next competition theme non political and country specific, something different, fun and challenging.

abbaton,

The reason most people tied this competition to the US is because the theme said "4th of July - Independence Day". That is the date of the American Independence Day. The initiator did not think of Independence Day in the broader sense, she specifically stated 4th of July, which is the US Independence day, not the day in South African history that they got their independence, or any other country. broader sense of the tern "Independence Day" was used, but that was by a limited number of people.

The game is based on the American "West", I thought of trying to make it open to all world 'Independence Days', but there are so many, and they're spread out over the entire calendar that I decided to limit it to North America (Hence allowing Canada Day sigs). So "the reason most people tied this competition to the US"... is because that's what I wanted. If this game was based on a geological location in South Africa, I assure you, the theme would have been different. I never meant to offend, or annoy, anyone with my country specific themes, but, this whole game is country specific, and being so means that so shall a lot of my themes.

DeletedUser19861

Please don't get me wrong, I was not offended in any way (doing the research actually broadened my knowledge wrt 4th of July). All I am trying to say is that the idea was to stay with the theme of the competition that is all. Voting should be based on the fact if the contestant followed all the rules tied to the competition, Theme, No flags, Size etc.

You doing a great job Becca, thanx. I just enter these competitions for fun and to practice my image manipulation skills and it is a hobby I like. Heck maybe in the future you could even make a theme called: What makes your country so unique or something, lol!

DeletedUser

Not American here, but I do agree with the points raised against #1 (of course I do acknowledge the work). Quite a few of the rest have my eye though, rather hard to decide.
(edit: went with #8)

DeletedUser

Although the Declaration of Independence wasn't officially signed on July 4 :p

DeletedUser

if youre an american, 4th of july is a whole lot of party and fireworks, independence day - we know whats it all about, but right now its party :) if you still insist 1 is not on topic then youre probably not from the us or never been here to a 4th of july BBQ and grabbed yourself a cowgirl angel :) just saying.. and youre on topic too with all the paper work and war stuff, just that its not really welcomed right now in the current context..
anyway, have fun :ph34r:

DeletedUser

Im guessing that half, if not all, of the votes for #1 was due to the cowgirl :eek:hmy:

I picked one of the more patriotic ones with the soldiers on it, after all this is 4th of July. All of them were very good and deserve to be in the finals though, so it was hard picking which one was the best.

DeletedUser25511

i just want to vote!

wher to vote! i need single button! not go there and than redirect and so on! i'm trying to vote for a last 10 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.