Song Book

DeletedUser

So.... I'm a pure builder with all the set pieces for construction except the damm song book.

Do I really have to respec to do evangelizing to get the damm book?

Did they think at all about getting full sets? Making it next to impossible to get the song book if you are a pure builder.

Right now even with 4 pieces the only benefit the set has is the shoes. Everything else I'm wearing does better than the 4 pieces.

DeletedUser

the sets were probably designed more to benefit the folks who were deficient in skills to do certain things than to benefit pures. A trader will be able to do many more construction based jobs with the set than they would before for example

DeletedUser

i have a question for you, cause i dont think this was ever clarified
are the bonuses of the set towards the skill construction, or towards the job of constructing in the town?

there are also other item sets, maybe one of those could allow you to be capable of evangelizing (never checked for myself, cause i dont need to. i already can evangelize, and have like 12 song books)

DeletedUser

Why bother? Are you going to respec some construction to appearance so you can evangelize and probably get about the same LP from full pilgrim as you got with the best construction gear before you respecced.

DeletedUser

before respecking first try to buy the best items you can for evangelizing.

DeletedUser

I'm 132 points off from evangelizing so even half of that I will need +66 in appearance

DeletedUser

Well, you are lv 57. So if you are pure constructor - you have 57 toughness
+ 28 from indian feather hat
+ 40 from green shawl
+ 38 from fancy leather jacket
+ 31 from fancy riding boots
+ 5 from precise army revolver

Total 199 out of 235. So is it really a problem to do it even for a pure builder such as you?

DeletedUser

good point lokiju.

No it isn't.

Well, you are lv 57. So if you are pure constructor - you have 57 toughness
+ 28 from indian feather hat
+ 40 from green shawl
+ 38 from fancy leather jacket
+ 31 from fancy riding boots
+ 5 from precise army revolver

Total 199 out of 235. So is it really a problem to do it even for a pure builder such as you?

235 gives 0 LP, you need 236. The precise army revolver requires level 58, so he needs a regular army revolver for +4 instead of +5. If he's done Kate's ring, as he should have, he has +2 more strength, for 59 toughness, so he has 200 out of 236. So all he has to do is spend $28,050 on the gear you mentioned, with my correction, plus respec 18 points of construction to appearance, for $2,430, assuming he hasn't done any other respeccing, for a total of $30,480. Respeccing the appearance back to con will cost another $5,670 for a total of $36,150.

Now all he has to do is do a 77% danger job with 1 LP for about 11 30-minute shifts (7 with premium) to get a song book, yeah, no problem.

Lincoln's top hat: +42
Red shawl: +42
Red cotton jacket: +42
Pilgrim's shoes: +29
Total: +155 LP

Pilgrim's hat: +6
Silver cross: +5
Pilgrim's shirt: +26
Total: +66 LP (+96 LP for 4 pieces of set)

Pilgrim Set
2 pieces: +5 LP
3 pieces: +15 LP
4 pieces: +30 LP
5 pieces: ???

If 5 pieces give +60 LP, that gives you a total of 126 LP, 29 less than using regular gear (including the 1.19 pilgrim shoes). If 5 pieces give +90 LP, that's 156 LP, or one more than regular gear. If you haven't respecced the appearance yet, you're down another 54 LP from the 18 points of con that you're down, so the full pilgrim set would have to be +143 LP towards construction to equal the LP you get from the regular gear, and I really doubt 5 pieces give you 5 times the LP bonus of 4 pieces.

$36k is a lot to spend to lower your building points.

Don't bother unless you want the song book for other reasons!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So.... I'm a pure builder with all the set pieces for construction except the damm song book.
Did they think at all about getting full sets? Making it next to impossible to get the song book if you are a pure builder.

My point was not to offer the best solution of how to do it, but to show that it is achievable. I was not taking into account skill points you get from doing quests or bonuses item sets could do, etc.

It is even possible to get this song book even without reskilling - just continue getting levels with right equipment and you will be able to do it eventually as your attribute points will always increase toughness by one.

DeletedUser

My point was not to offer the best solution of how to do it, but to show that it is achievable. I was not taking into account skill points you get from doing quests or bonuses item sets could do, etc.

If you're truly a pure builder, those points would have been respecced to construction, so SP from quests make zero difference. I just included the AP from Kate's ring because they do make a difference.

DeletedUser

If you're truly a pure builder, those points would have been respecced to construction, so SP from quests make zero difference. I just included the AP from Kate's ring because they do make a difference.

You are right - all SP would be in construction :)

So he'll just need to get some more levels in order to do it ;)

DeletedUser

The other point is .... Why even bother if the clothes out there now are just as good?

Like elmry said. Even if i pump 36k in all that crap i get 1 more point for construction than I currently have?

Not worth it IMHO

Thanks a ton for all the info though :)

DeletedUser

Updated: I hadn't made it this far Saloon yet, but someone finally posted the full set: http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=216149&postcount=142

Pilgrim's hat: +6
Silver cross: +5
Pilgrim's shirt: +26
Full set bonus: +50
Total: +116 LP

Pilgrim Set
2 pieces: +5 LP
3 pieces: +15 LP
4 pieces: +30 LP
5 pieces: +50 LP (and 150 LP towards evangelizing)

The +150 LP for evangelizing is much much much better than the construction bonus, but still, probably not worth respeccing. If you want to wait until you get enough points from toughness, or if you want to start putting SP into appearance until you get evangelizing, fine, but it's not worth it for the building points.

DeletedUser

Huh?:blink: For evangelizing:

Lincoln's top hat +11
Red shawl +26
Red cotton jacket +2
Pilgrim's shoes +6

The quote with the indian headdress , fancy riding boots , etc.is the best equipment for evangelizing according to Weststats.

DeletedUser

That's for construction...I didn't mention evangelizing until someone posted the stats for the full pilgrim's set later...

DeletedUser

Someone asked if the bonus was for the skill construction or construction in your town. I believe it's constructing in your town. On west stats, it says this:
Code:
[B]Bonuses with 2 items[/B]

+5 labor points towards Construction

Before, when they first posted about the sets on west stats it said this:
Code:

+5 skill points towards Construction

They changed it for a reason.

DeletedUser

Someone asked if the bonus was for the skill construction or construction in your town. I believe it's constructing in your town. On west stats, it says this:
Code:

+5 labor points towards Construction

Before, when they first posted about the sets on west stats it said this:
Code:

+5 skill points towards Construction

They changed it for a reason.

ok, thank you. if was towards the skill construction, i would think that it would be worth it, but i guess not. thanks.

also, i know that the red shawl adds 2 more points towards construction than the fancy bow tie does, but the fancy bow tie is cheaper, and works just as well at construction as the red shawl does, not to mention that it is part of an item set while the red shawl isn't