snake bitten chicken

DeletedUser

the new chinese special dish: snake bitten chicken

where a chicken is bitten by a snake..after the chicken is dead..it is prepared...

would u eat this sort of dish???..although animal lovers are protesting this..but most of them donot eat chicken..

the chinese company who makes it has proved tat it has no ill effects....

me being a veg is not in anyway goin to eat..but just wanted a view of all those who are non-veg eating and eat chickens!!!!

DeletedUser

I eat meat, but there is NO way I will eat anything bit by a snake. That's just plumb gross. I don't think any poison injected animal should be eaten.

DeletedUser11353

no way i would eat that, chinese have strange taste for food, i can get some disease only from chicken and not to mention if a snake bites it

DeletedUser

Little known fact: You can actually ingest a good amount of snake venom and not be affected. It's because when a snake bites, it's injected directly into the blood system and travels to the heart, whereas when it's imbibed it passes through the digestive system and the harmful substances get filtered out. Poison is dangerous when imbibed, however snakes are venomous, there is a difference.

That being said: Does it add any other flavor to the chicken? I'd be willing to try it but I'm not sure if it's something I would introduce to my regular dinner menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Does it add any other flavor to the chicken?

That's important here. If it tastes the same as regular chicken, why run the risk eating it? But if it made it some super-dooper-amazing-OH-MY-GOD-THIS-IS-THE-BEST-FREAKIN-CHICKEN-EVER, then it tilts the scales somewhat.

DeletedUser

Almost everything tastes like chicken, even without venom.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
"Although nobody has been poisoned, this at the very least is an irregular way of slaughtering poultry," said a health official in China about a restaurant that has been forbidden from serving meals prepared from chickens killed by poisonous snake bites.

Video

It doesn't look too bad, but I think the venom can affect you.

DeletedUser

So you think snakes have an aversion to eating human bitten chicken?

DeletedUser3717

Anything to try and get us food poisioned -.-

Why don't they use biological warfare it would be so much easier-.-

DeletedUser

from your source
"However, he believes that the torture of animals was never part of mainstream Chinese cuisine as sometimes alleged by Westerners."

As for snake bitten chicken..*shrugs* I don't think that there's a difference in taste. And I doubt it's dangerous to your health as the venom is injected into the chicken. You don't eat the whole chicken usually; as Divest pointed out, the venom is eaten not injected into your blood; the venom has to be stable against the chicken's metabolism, the heat due to cooking and the pH 2 in your stomach so there shouldn't be any real danger left. I guess any burger is a lot more troubling to your health than that chicken would be.

DeletedUser

from your source
"However, he believes that the torture of animals was never part of mainstream Chinese cuisine as sometimes alleged by Westerners."

Oops. I didn't read it, I was just looking for a source that described "Three Screams", and that had others as well, so I used it.

DeletedUser13682

I'd eat it if it tasted better, but I wouldn't eat it if it tasted the same. The main reason is cost of the chicken. I'm not going to pay more for special chicken that died by snake bite unless it tastes really good.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't purposely go out looking for snake bitten chicken, but I'd probably try it if my local Chinese food place had it. Hell, I tried alligator and a bunch of other unappetizing things so why not this too

DeletedUser

And for a chicken is a snakebite an especially cruel way to die ?

What kind of snake are we talking about ?

A chiken aint that big so im guessing the deed is over and done with quite fast and the chicken aint suffering so mutch.

But correct me if im wrong here.

I just think all the pain and suffering humans experiance from snake bites would not be experianced if we where the size of chickens death would come so quickly then.

DeletedUser

From the youtube video it certainly looks quite cruel to me. Torturing animals for your own (perceived) culinary pleasure is imo obscene. I am quite convinced that foie gras is genuinely something I would find absolutely delicious, but I am never going to taste that either.