Smoother Map Interface

DeletedUser

Hey, I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts of making your map interface smoother, sort of like tribal wars does (which I think this is based off of). If you check their map, it scrolls along with you rather than it being choppy.

DeletedUser

I installed the latest Java and latest Flash and the game is still very slow for me today and am running Firefox.

The only time it runs "smooth" is after a reboot and even then the "smooth" period doesn't seem to last long.

I've cleared cache, temp files and have 100gb left empty on my harddrive.

With as many people complaining about how slow, jerky, laggy the game is ... it can't be everyones computer... and mine is pretty beefy.

I can play 5 instances of WoW better then I can play The West ...

DeletedUser

it could be due to a firewall, try disabling it if you really wan to risk it

DeletedUser

It isn't a firewall issue.

The game was was better in the first few days ... I think there are just alot more players now then early on and the servers are overloaded.

It just can't be everyones computer...

DeletedUser

Yeah its prolly just the servers. Its a new game, once more people get premiums and such, their profits will go up and they can get better servers

DeletedUser

I wish we could center our minimap to given things, eg. a town or a person. (ourself)

DeletedUser

the only lag I have is with the fade in/out, but I put that down to the fact that I'm running a hacked version of an operating system that isn't designed for a normal intel PC.

DeletedUser

the only lag I have is with the fade in/out, but I put that down to the fact that I'm running a hacked version of an operating system that isn't designed for a normal intel PC.
I see that in your sig.
Mac OS X on a hacked Intel PC, ain't it?
I know what's the name of that project but I'm not gonna say it here, I may get banned. :(

DeletedUser

man firefox is sooo much better only swaped today and all ready i see how wrong i was and i wish i had swaped sooner

DeletedUser

I installed the latest Java and latest Flash and the game is still very slow for me today and am running Firefox.

The only time it runs "smooth" is after a reboot and even then the "smooth" period doesn't seem to last long.

I've cleared cache, temp files and have 100gb left empty on my harddrive.

With as many people complaining about how slow, jerky, laggy the game is ... it can't be everyones computer... and mine is pretty beefy.

I can play 5 instances of WoW better then I can play The West ...

The game doesn't use java at all and flash is only used for the duel reports.

DeletedUser

its actually 4 arrows pointing inwards from the corners. look closely. it sure does look like a cross. maybe thats why JC's ***** has come to the forums?

preach_much?

DeletedUser

Maybe we should do something like they did back in the day to help the server load. Have the players download precached data of the graphical packages so when they querry they're only requesting updates on data and not loading all of the map graphics over the interwebz, etc.