Shootout: Demolition

DeletedUser

Out here in the wild west, there's gonna be no moments that are more dramatic than seeing two rival towns gunning away at each other with the intent to see the other side completely and utterly destroyed.
And perhaps the most dramatic and thrilling highlight of a shootout will be when some of the attackers bring dynamite to the showdown with an even more sinister intent of seeing the defenders' nice little town being literally reduced to ruins.

During a Shootout, Players on the attacking side have an opportunity to damage 1-3 buildings.
^
Example:
Gunsmith gets Bombed and Tailor and General Store are Damaged: (3 Buildings)
General Store gets Bombed and Gunsmith is Damaged: (2 Buildings)
General Store gets Bombed but there's no Gunsmith: (1 Building Damaged)

-Condition 1: Hostile Intent-
Only Players on the Attacking Side can attempt a Demolition during a shootout.

-Condition 2: High Explosives-
A Player attempting a Demolition during a shootout must have at least 1 Dynamite in his/her inventory.

-Condition 3: Explosive Expertise-
Duelists and Soldiers have a better Success Rate.

-Condition 4: Daring Audacity-
Only 3 Players that have satisfied Condition 2 can volunteer for Demolition Duty.

Skills Needed for Demolition:
Dodging + Dodging + Reflex + Reflex + Horseback Riding * (Soldier/Duelist Class Bonus) / Defender's Points = Success Rate

Skills Needed to prevent a Successful Demolition:
Tactics + Tactics + Setting Traps + Shooting + Aiming / Attacker's Points = Success Rate

Diggo11's Proposal on Skills
Demolition: Fine motor skills + Tactics + Aiming + Shooting + Construction
Prevention: Reflex + Dodging + Fine Motor Skills + Tactics + Repairing

Tips for the Attacking Side:
(Pending)

Tips for the Defending Side:
1. The higher the Town's Bank Level is, the less money will be looted in a Successful Bombing.
2. You can use Beaver Traps and Barbed Wire to prevent a Successful Bombing.
3. You can also use a Shovel to dig Trap Pits.

Consequences of a Successful Demolition Attempt:
1. Affected Buildings will lose between 80-190 Construction Points.
1-A. A Bombed Building goes down one Level and a Neighboring Building gets Damaged. (Diggo11)
2. If the Town's Bank was Bombed, 1-100$ are destroyed by explosion and 40-300$ are looted by the attacking side.

Consequences of a Failed Demolition Attempt:
1. The Player is gravely injured or killed outright in explosion.
2. If the Player survives his/her Failed Demolition Attempt, his/her Ride has a 5-12% Chance of being killed in explosion.
3. If the Player dies in his/her Failed Demolition Attempt, his/her Ride has a 8-30% Chance of being killed in explosion.
4. If the Player survives his/her Failed Demolition Attempt, Each Participant on the Attacking Side will lose 50-100 Health.
5. If the Player dies in his/her Failed Demolition Attempt, Each Participant on the Attacking Side will lose 75-200 Health.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I really dislike the idea of blowing up peoples buildings.
Things would grow to be blood feuds very quickly that way.

DeletedUser

I really dislike the idea of blowing up peoples buildings.
Things would grow to be blood feuds very quickly that way.

Well there you go.
A Stick of Dynamite is to the Wild West as a Nuclear Bomb is to the Atomic Age.
No one likes the idea of using them to inflict mass destruction.
Except for robbers looking to blast a Safe open.

Diggo11

Nice concept I like it! Although no-one really knows how shoot-outs will work so could be tricky.

Anyway I think the defending side should be able to use it as well to inflict wide scale damage. Also I think it should be limited to soldiers; duelers should use guns and soldiers should use dynamite.

And for the damage. I think you should only be able to damage two buildings at once, one damaged and the other bombed. A bombed building should go down exactly one level and a damaged building 1-499, 90 is too little for a maximum.

And for a failed attempt. Losing items from your inventory is unfair. Passing out is suitable, and I love your idea about your horses death. Also idea 6 is good, but should be a percentage rather than a set number.

DeletedUser

Nice concept I like it! Although no-one really knows how shoot-outs will work so could be tricky.

Anyway I think the defending side should be able to use it as well to inflict wide scale damage. Also I think it should be limited to soldiers; duelers should use guns and soldiers should use dynamite.

And for the damage. I think you should only be able to damage two buildings at once, one damaged and the other bombed. A bombed building should go down exactly one level and a damaged building 1-499, 90 is too little for a maximum.

And for a failed attempt. Losing items from your inventory is unfair. Passing out is suitable, and I love your idea about your horses death. Also idea 6 is good, but should be a percentage rather than a set number.

Thank you very much for the Positive Feedback! :)
I know that Losing Items in a failed attempt might seem like a cruel loss, but NOT losing any items in a failed attempt is the same as saying that you're items are indestructible: It's Unrealistic.

After-All, Demolition IS a very dangerous, Double-Edge Task in a Shootout.

Diggo11

I think either:

Passing out and losing your animal
Damaging yourself and team mates

is suitable enough.

DeletedUser

What John Rose said.
and I'm really sick of these "Demolition buildings in shootouts" ideas.

DeletedUser

all people would be doing is blowing up buildings and then the others have to rebiuld that will not be funny!

DeletedUser

Losing buildings would be really unpleasant. Don't like this idea at all.

Having your horse die is funny though. :)

DeletedUser1105

I want to see how these 'fort shootouts' work first before discussing this option, but I think it is worth discussing.

DeletedUser

I've got a couple of issues with this.

Firstly if the village is maxed out its not going to have any money in its bank to steal.
Secondly if your village is maxed out then there is no point in stealing the money unless the money goes to the players, but if that is the case who gets the money? the person who inflicted the damage or is it shared between everyone?
Finally if you lose items in your inventory surely you would just sell them before you went to attack so you woulndt lose anything anyway.

DeletedUser

I think demolish of towns is a necessary evil. I know too many people who quit this game already due to boredom.

Once you defeat many people as a dueler, your dueling level is often high, it's harder to win as many others are skilled at dueling as well (unless they did not care and kept on pumping points into non-dueling skills).

As a builder, once you finish building up a town, there's nothing to do except go build up another ghost town, that's not as fun so to speak.

Introduce demolish into town shootout allow players to "win" so to speak. Change the town ranking by attacking higher ranking towns will hopefully keep more players interested.

DeletedUser

As long as we only damage the fort, and leave the town intact, I'll be onboard.

They said fort-based town shootouts after all, right?

DeletedUser

As long as we only damage the fort, and leave the town intact, I'll be onboard.

They said fort-based town shootouts after all, right?

War need to be more meaningful, damaging only fort is not very meaningful. You need to allow more buildings and/or points to be changed. Otherwise we'll have the same problem as we have now, a bunch of fully built up towns with no fort as they lose in war = same points still. Allow damage to general store, tailor, smithy allow a wider range of points distribution range, not to mention takes longer to damage all those buildings down to level 0 if it comes to that.

DeletedUser

If this idea gets implemented, not that I'm sold on it yet, instead of damage to buildings, they could be shut down for "x" hours. Time could be based on how many successful attacks.:huh:

DeletedUser

Somethings need to be done to this game to keep people interested as well as attracting new players.

Right now, we lose players quite a bit and not gaining enough. Lack of goal after finish up your town is one big problem, not much you can do to enemy town is another, that's why I'm all for a reasonable implementation of demolishing town, read my thread about it, some buildings should be off limits while some should definitely be on the list.

Another problem that needs to be address is not enough "mid level jobs", people observed many level 30+ quit after a while as it gets hard to get another job and you're stuck doing the same job for several more weeks can drive some people away. The job change, although nerfed some, also added some new jobs to address some of that problem but it is not resolved completely.