Seven Days: Literally or Figuratively?

DeletedUser

There are plenty of other places to read about it if you're interested, but this is one site that talks about it. www.ancient-egypt.org/index.html

Before the 25th Dynasty, writing in Egypt was hieroglyphs and/or hieratic writing, which is similar but quicker to write and harder to read (that was used mainly by priests). During the 25th Dynasty,
Demotic writing started being used during the 25th/26th Dynasty. In part, it is a further evolution from hieratic: like hieratic, demotic was a handwriting, but the strokes of the reed brush or the reed pen are even quicker and more illegible. Hieratic signs representing a group of hieroglyphs could be broken up, not as to represent the individual hieroglyphic signs again, but to facilitate the writing. With these entirely new signs, unknown in hieroglyphic or hieratic were shaped. The link between handwriting and hieroglyphic text slowly faded with demotic. Where hieratic texts often are transcribed into hieroglyphic before translation, demotic texts usually are not.

If I remember correctly, the 25th Dynasty was during the 7th and 8th centuries B.C.E., but (depending on whose math you use) Moses was born in either the 14th or 16th centuriy B.C.E. and died 120 years later. That would mean that anything he wrote would have been written in hieroglyphic or hieratic writing.

DeletedUser

Ok, whatever the "writing" was (gliphs or Hebrew text), Scripture attributes Moses with putting "pen to paper" as it were in regards to the first 5 books of the Old Testament.

DeletedUser

Just before his death, Moses presented to the priesthood of Israel the five books he had compiled and written (Deut. 31:9).
Actually, he must have done that sometime AFTER his death, since his place of burial is recorded!:)

IMO its takes blind faith to believe in evolution, and the big bang, to account for the complexity of creation.
Why do you deny my faith? Unbeliever! Idolator!:D

Edit PS: AG & CC - you do realise there's a thread been created for the Mosaic stuff so we can stay on-topic here?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually, he must have done that sometime AFTER his death, since his place of burial is recorded!:)

Edit PS: AG & CC - you do realise there's a thread been created for the Mosaic stuff so we can stay on-topic here?

I'd say that the fact that the stories in the Bible were written years/centuries later so the wording had likely changed is more on topic than most of the stuff in this thread. Which topic was created for Mosaic stuff? They all sound the same after a few posts. :huh:

Nevermind, I'm assuming it's the thread wiuth Moses in the subject! Amazing what you might see if you open your eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh here we go again. LOL

Moses' burial site is unknown my friend. God took him away from the people. He basically walked into the sunset and never came back. It's most likely somewhere in the vicinity of the border between the Sinai peninsula and Israel though. According to Scripture Moses never set foot in "the Promised Land" but was allowed to look into it before The Lord led him away.

Again, according to Scripture Moses presented what we know as the Torah (or Pentateuch) to the priests before his death. He couldn't have done that AFTER since he was never seen by the people after he went away.

DeletedUser

Oh here we go again. LOL

Moses' burial site is unknown my friend. God took him away from the people. He basically walked into the sunset and never came back. It's most likely somewhere in the vicinity of the border between the Sinai peninsula and Israel though. According to Scripture Moses never set foot in "the Promised Land" but was allowed to look into it before The Lord led him away.

Again, according to Scripture Moses presented what we know as the Torah (or Pentateuch) to the priests before his death. He couldn't have done that AFTER since he was never seen by the people after he went away.

And Moses the servant of the LORD died there in Moab, as the LORD had said. 6 He buried him[a] in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over.

Yes, it's that riveting read Deuteronomy. Written by..... Moses, no less.:)