See what you think

DeletedUser

Sounds to complicated to me if you guys figure it out let me know I might be interested but maybe not..... I just might wait till your dueling with the little weapons to hit you HAHAHAHA ROFL :D :D

hehe... sounds like a good plan... set up the tournament and everyone KO GANG :laugh:

Why don't we just make it open to players that are high enough level to duel? I know it's not totally fair... but hey life's not fair, can't be perfect... it's mostly high level duelers that want to join it anyways, so let's just get sign-ups going and get it started!!!

Harsha..

hehe... sounds like a good plan... set up the tournament and everyone KO GANG :laugh:

well, why are you waiting for the tournment to start? - come on and get us! lol

back on the topic of dueling tournament - i don't quite agree that the low lvl players have to be left behind. I'm not even able to attack El Reino, it just says "duel not possible", LOL

anyhow, i say that, why don't we start the registration process? - create a topic on the forum, and we'll see who joins up and decide - if loads of low lvl duelers join up, we could make a separate category for them. But first - let us get this started

Diggo11

If any of you are interested we are planning to run a duelling tournament over Summer. Seeing as this thread has arisen it seems like the best place to "trial" it before we announce the actual thing. So if you lot are happy for this to happen I would be willing to run the tournament.

Should you approve of this, the tournament would be split into six divisions (or as many divisions as needed) each consisting of sixteen players. As the text goes, every week one duel would take place and the winner moves on in a knock out fashion. I think that would cause alot of problems between two offensive and two defensive duellers, so it would probably have to be changed. Perhaps first to KO the other player, or best out of three (with the lower level player getting to initiate two of the duels)?

Anyway, suggestions and opinions are welcome :)

DeletedUser

Well , we as players can offer the first trial run :)

Sign me Up as first entry.

I would think it would run better with Divisions of 8 though , 64 seems like an ideal number of entries as the dueling level comes into play.

It seems there might be a lot of different opinions on the match style.
I think there should be 2 duels , 1 offense , 1 defense.
Total Hp Damage Inflicted wins - In the event of a tie (not likely) a KO in the match is tiebreaker.

DeletedUser

It really is to complicated. The game isn't set up for such a thing. The more duelers apply the higher chance someone will be matched against someone they cannot duel.

Harsha..

yes, true - but there are not too many active players, who read the forum daily - i'm expecting just 10 competitors to show up

otherwise - i think that Diggo's offical dueling tournament over the summer will be run by a whole new system set up by the devs - the server automatically makes the draw, according to specifications from the devs or the admins. As a duel takes place, the server records the results. It might seem like a complicated program, but it should be simple for the devs, for we do know that there is a hidden the west database, which records everything. This system can be connected to the database to get the results for the dueling tourney

DeletedUser

I might join the official tournament, but there's no way I'm signing up for what we're trying to put together here.

Diggo11

I would think it would run better with Divisions of 8 though , 64 seems like an ideal number of entries as the dueling level comes into play.

It seems there might be a lot of different opinions on the match style.
I think there should be 2 duels , 1 offense , 1 defense.
Total Hp Damage Inflicted wins - In the event of a tie (not likely) a KO in the match is tiebreaker.
16 people per division works will in a knock out tournament as it means we have good numbers to have a round per week (lasting one month) or two rounds per week (lasting a fortnight). I guess we'll just make it up as we go along :)

Also I like your idea of a duel each way, we'll use that :)

Harsha..

meh, lol - the total damage was my idea :p

anyhow, when is this going to get started?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

yea i had the same thought as you did , you listed it on the thread before I did tho.

I dont like the 3 duel idea. That still gives a unfair advantage to both off and def duelers.

DeletedUser

I'm game, I do think something should be done about resistance fighters, but I have no idea how to handle that other than ignore it. Either way I'll give it a shot, no harm in trying (well other than getting shot and stabbed that is lol).