See what you think

DeletedUser

Hey Guys and Gals , I have a idea to even bring some Spice into the world if you want to give it a shot.

Hows about a serious duel tournament , since we do have the option of public reports. We could have the bracket right here on the forums too. To show there are no push duels either. For the Mods to see and investigate(if needed) if we can agree on it all.

Matches could be thought before hand and changed upon fort battle battle strikes as well. For a serious braggin right you know. Lets kick the idea around a bit and see what the opinions are in World 2.

We could police it ourselves by looking at profiles at duel times. We could also give the option whether we want to attack or defend in our next match. Say amount of damage inflicted or received in previous match wins choice.

DeletedUser

I always wanted to do a tournament... but we have to figure out who attacks... I'm offensive so if someone attacks me I'll loose, and vice versa for someone else. Should we do best 2 out of 3? Also we should rank players like playoffs so that way there all the best duelers don't duel each other in the first round.

My suggestion:

I think we need to have sign ups first then rank everyone 1 - whatever. Then do best 2 out of 3 to make it to the next round... the 3rd round whoever does the best damage gets to choose whether they attack or defend.

We can also do low level weapons so we have less chance of being KOed so we don't have to wait days till the next round. As long as we have equal weapons it's not against the rules.

DeletedUser

For those spec'd for offense, defense, or balanced, I think it would make sense for each round should include one attack and one defense. Cumulative point total for both rounds determines winner.

DeletedUser

For those spec'd for offense, defense, or balanced, I think it would make sense for each round should include one attack and one defense. Cumulative point total for both rounds determines winner.

That sounds like a good way to calculate...

I still say we should all have to use a weapon like a sharp dagger and something equal for a ranged dueler... this way here no one should get KOed and it's an equal duel.

DeletedUser

I still say we should all have to use a weapon like a sharp dagger and something equal for a ranged dueler... this way here no one should get KOed and it's an equal duel.

Great idea if you want to guarantee that a resistance dueler wins.

DeletedUser

I don't like duels, but an organized tournament sounds good and with rotten eggs as weapon even better :)) maybe at the end we can try a pillow fight :D
Throw a pajama party, I'll bring my pillow and promise to jump on all beds :D

Harsha..

sounds good to me

I even suggested it to Diggo to be implemented in one of the monthly competitions once - but managing everything and organizing it all will be a big headache, but with a number of players working on it, it all should go smoothly :D

I'd say that two duelers face off BOTH offensively and defensively, it'll determine the best all-round dueler!

The total damage can decide a winner - for example, a battle between two duelers A and B

A inflicts -269 damage and B inflicts -338 damage

then, A defends
B inflicts -189 damage and A inflicts -308 damage

A has the highest total damage, so wins the "play-off" and processes to the next round!

How about, as the competition processes, the weapons become much stronger, like in the first stage, sharp dagger is used - in the Final, a sharp axe or saber is used

what do you guys and gals think?

Noobmic

My suggestion is to use weapons with not too much damage (something with max 30 dmg). And to have 4 rounds.
two rounds with distance weapon, one when A attacks B and one when B attacks A;
and another 2 rounds with melee weapon (A attacks B and B attacks A).

DeletedUser

Sounds good...

-Weapons max damage 50 for first round-I say ranged or melee your choice cuz it all depends on your build
-2 duels both take turns attacking
-total damage combined wins the round

First we need a new thread for sign-ups and we need brackets...

Then we have to "seed" everyone for the brackets. I say we seed everyone by dueling level... for instance we have the top 10 duelers...

round 1 would be dueler ranked 1 vs 10, 2 vs 9 and so on...

This would make it so that the top duelers will last more rounds (hopefully) than having the number 1 dueler and the number 2 dueler face off in the first round and having the last round dueler 1 vs 25.

Any volunteers to run this??? Note you don't have to be in the tournament to run it.

DeletedUser

This would make it so that the top duelers will last more rounds

...and the non-top duelers will have no chance.
Just continuing your idea. What can I say? You are not constructive anymore.
And Elmyr's idea really comes in the way of this plan: what about resistance duelers? :)
Bah, what resistance duelers?! You want me to hit a melee duelers with a push dagger??? A melee naturally has strength, therefore toughness.

Do not count me in.

DeletedUser

It's just like in any pro sports...

Football, the teams play for a season and the best teams make the playoffs and the top team plays against a low team... team 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7... this allows for the teams who worked their butts off to have the best record to have a better chance at making it all the way. This happens in EVERY sporting event... it's not a foreign concept. why would you have a dueler ranked 1 and 2 duel each other in the first round??? you'll end up with dueler 1 vs dueler 46 in the final round if you do it any other way... what kind of tournament is that?

As for resistance duelers someone else come up with an idea to fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ok , another thing to look at ,, the dueler in this world who has the highest level ,, what is the minimum level they can initiate a duel against?

would be nice for a in game setup to place everyone equal according to their placement of AP and SP (percentage wise), say for the average level of all entries. then everyone could use their fav weapon

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think highest dueler level is 191 (El Reino). To see how low she can hit multiply it with 5 and divide it to 7: so 137.
But if she won't enter the tournament, that is not relevant. See whoever signs up and take the biggest one and calculate.

DeletedUser

It is still a relevant point though, say there are level 90 players that would stand a good chance of beating El Reino but unfortunately their dueling levels are below 125.

So it would limit who could join depending on that one reason. Not totally fair for now.

Unless it was town vs town format for the rounds. Hrmmm,,,

DeletedUser

Sounds to complicated to me if you guys figure it out let me know I might be interested but maybe not..... I just might wait till your dueling with the little weapons to hit you HAHAHAHA ROFL :D :D