Second target position

DeletedUser9470

msingh has a good point.
so anything that can make fort battles interesting for everyone is good. keep people playing...
I am in favour of a 3rd 4th and 5th move too.

DeletedUser20647

Perhaps it would be nice to have 55 target positions, as there are 55 rounds.

DeletedUser22493

no, no, no, no... offliners are no fun!

How about we allow people to do fort battles, without being at the fort? Meaning they could work jobs, duel or travel while doing a fort battle.
Realisic, no.
But it would surely make more people participate in fort battles.
And then we could remove the ablilty to even take part in a fort battle while being offline.

DeletedUser9470

meh i think 5 moves max would be good, but taking it to 55 rounds like gaga says i think is too much.
i think that rebows idea of not even having to be at the fort to battle is ridiculous.
what are you thinking man???!!!
:D
you do have a point on attendance, personally I never ever go to a battle if im not online for the simple reason that its a waste of time. so if there was something to help offliners do better in fort battles, that might change...

DeletedUser

I thought the point of fort battles was to encourage players to be more active. I'm not saying it should be like WOW, but if someone is missing then the raid fails. This just encourages people to be lazy and thus gets a no from me.

DeletedUser

they can move along with the onliners' maneuvers w/o having to be there. being offline should be discouraged since it just ruins battles. irl, not obeying orders means you get punished in some form or fashion. it shouldn't be different here.

DeletedUser9470

would you rather be online or offline?
would you rather be online or offline with a gazillion pre-set moves?

in both cases i would much rather be online. being offline is a punishment in itself.

it is clear to me pre-set moves for offliners is an improvement.

ofc some people (hiders) will not like the fact that offliners could actually beat them should they have pre-set moves... which is why they are against it.

it isnt rare that battles arent full, and for sure it makes fbs a lot more fun when they are full.
until offliners have a bit more to do, never will I waste my time being offline in a battle. so i hardly ever go to battles. simplz :D

if your battle isnt full, think I could have been there too as could have many others.
promote fbs!

DeletedUser

ofc some people (hiders) will not like the fact that offliners could actually beat them should they have pre-set moves... which is why they are against it.

Wow, what an utterly ridiculous generalization. Look at my battles and tell me how many I've finished full health. Check how many times I've started on point and held until the last possible round.

I'm opposed. Offliners should not be given advantages. Most second targets would be completely pointless. You can't predict what the situation will be in any battle in round 10.

The only way this would be useful is to delay offline mounting, which would be a HUGE advantage and that's exactly how it will always be used. Offline capabilities are supposed to be limited. Offliners SHOULD be cannon fodder, which is how offliners who do set their targets properly are usually used. They keep the onliners, the only people who should be capable of thinking and controlling their movement, alive that much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

my thoughts exactly, elmyr. onliners win battles, not cannon fodder.

DeletedUser9470

Wow, what an utterly ridiculous generalization. Look at my battles and tell me how many I've finished full health. Check how many times I've started on point and held until the last possible round.

I'm opposed. Offliners should not be given advantages. Most second targets would be completely pointless. You can't predict what the situation will be in any battle in round 10.

The only way this would be useful is to delay offline mounting, which would be a HUGE advantage and that's exactly how it will always be used. Offline capabilities are supposed to be limited. Offliners SHOULD be cannon fodder, which is how offliners who do set their targets properly are usually used. They keep the onliners, the only people who should be capable of thinking and controlling their movement, alive that much longer.

im only generalising because the arguments opposed just dont stand up
"offliners should be cannon fodder."
LOL in your opinion maybe.
and thats the reason why ill never attend a battle unless Im online.
Im sure most people think this way as we are lucky when we get 20% of a whole world show up.
shame.
but hey! lets keep it nice and simple for the ones who love to shoot at "cannon fodder"
;)

DeletedUser

Im sure most people think this way as we are lucky when we get 20% of a whole world show up.

So you consider 4k people showing up to a battle on a new world a poor turnout?

lets keep it nice and simple for the ones who love to shoot at "cannon fodder"

Team players are willing to make a sacrifice. If they care about winning, if they care about their town, if they care about their alliance, they'll do what they're supposed to. If the only thing they care about is XP and boxes, I don't want to rank them ONLINE.

DeletedUser9470

So you consider 4k people showing up to a battle on a new world a poor turnout?

Team players are willing to make a sacrifice. If they care about winning, if they care about their town, if they care about their alliance, they'll do what they're supposed to. If the only thing they care about is XP and boxes, I don't want to rank them ONLINE.

considering the amount of players on FP words you should have 20 battles/day!
what!?? you dont!!!
*wonders why?*
LOL

as we all know (well nearly all apparently), forts come and go.
the outcome of any battle isnt important.
what is important is that everyone has fun.
that means full battles.
nowadays from w1 to w10 it is rare this ever happens. and this is where offliners are used most.
you know that as you play some of these worlds yourself.
so focusing on FP worlds is pretty low imo

if you get your kick out of shooting offliners then thats fine with me. just do it in your own house ok?

DeletedUser

and this is why mega-alliances aren't my fav thing in the world....too many offliners.....granted, my alliance doesn't fill battles either.....still, this is precisely why I advocate the creation of elite ff towns cuz everybody else can do whatever while we have our fun :)

DeletedUser

here's some feedback, gaga: this is the best idea ever....gaga for president.......

DeletedUser

I don't understand this argument at all. I hate offliners more than you, I don't like to see a single offliner in any battle on either side. One extra blind move isn't going to change a single thing. You seem to think that one target is completely useless, or is sending them to their deaths if you don't follow them, and yet on extra blind target in a round when you have even less of an idea what the battle will look like is going to make a difference.

It's pointless. Either you send them to their deaths somewhere else, or you get a slight advantage by having a few extra rounds to clear a side before they mount. You're arguing like it will revolutionize fort battles when it won't make much of a difference either way.

One extra move for a zombie isn't going to come anywhere remotely close to equaling an offliner no matter how much you argue that it will.

DeletedUser9470

I don't understand this argument at all. I hate offliners more than you, I don't like to see a single offliner in any battle on either side.
Allthough I cannot truly know how much you hate offliners in the same way you seem to think you know how much I hate offliners, I think I hate seeing them just as much as you do.
All one can do is be in favour of anything that will promote and make fbs more interesting.

One extra blind move isn't going to change a single thing. You seem to think that one target is completely useless, or is sending them to their deaths if you don't follow them, and yet on extra blind target in a round when you have even less of an idea what the battle will look like is going to make a difference.
it wont make much of a difference for sure. but every little helps

It's pointless. Either you send them to their deaths somewhere else, or you get a slight advantage by having a few extra rounds to clear a side before they mount. You're arguing like it will revolutionize fort battles when it won't make much of a difference either way.
not at all, simply want to make things a lot more even between sides.
this idea helps the underdog, indeed ever so slightly.