Scumbag in Redlight-GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't know how widespread this practice is but clearly it is a problem with the way that anyone in town can see how much cash someone else has on their person at any time.

I never keep so much money on me but made the mistake of finishing the "Kate's Wedding Band (The Thief)" quest while I was out of town which nets you $1200 and 600 exp. I had a little over an hour left on my current job so I left it at that and set my character to walk back to town after the job was done so I could deposit the money. Low and behold I come back 2 hours later and it appears that some low-life piece of poop in my town tipped off members of another town that I had money on me and I was attacked by around a dozen people.

Now, this isn't a matter of people telling me "well, don't carry so much cash" or some other idiotic advice. That much is clear. The issue is clearly that someone in my town probably has an arrangement with someone in another town to tip each other off as to who is carrying a lot of money on them at any time. Only management of the town should be able to tell how much money someone has on them at any time. There is no other purpose to this. If someone wants to see how much money someone has donated, that's fine, but also unnecessary.

This also was not a coincidence. For several weeks now I have only been attacked by one other person and that is it. Now I have $1200 on my and suddenly get attacked by a dozen people? Give me a break...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd strongly suggest finding a different town to join then. Because it won't stop, if thats what's going on, as long as you stay in that town. :sad:

DeletedUser

What a novel idea though! So what you should do, is form a partnership with another town and tip them off. Wow, the espionage level just went up to level 4!! Double agents, spies, scumbags, this game has it all!

DeletedUser

Are you sure, Injun, that that is what actually happened?

It could be that someone randomly attacked you, found out you were carrying a wad of cash and posted a thread in his town's forum letting others know.

Of course, if someone in your town is a traitor, join another town. I know a great one where nothing of that sort would ever happen. :)

DeletedUser

So wait...you did the quest, got all that cash, then scheduled at least 1 job, then walked away from the computer and are mad that you were attacked and lost it all? Oh, and you did this while you were part of a foreign town? Yeah, it was idiotic. Also, a dozen people? Where they hitting you with their fists? You must have health points off the chart in order to withstand being dueled by a dozen people.

Anyways, I'm sure someone did tip off somebody else you had all that cash on you. Got anybody in your town that is shopping? Were all the players that hit you from one particular town?

Of course they told on you. If you were in a foreign town they don't have any allegiance to you. That isn't espionage, that is 'hey, look at this guy'.

DeletedUser

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's a honey trap. There are loads of them in the game.

Your not the first nor will you be the last. Been doing it for ages in W3.

It's just too damn easy lol

DeletedUser

So wait...you did the quest, got all that cash, then scheduled at least 1 job, then walked away from the computer and are mad that you were attacked and lost it all? Oh, and you did this while you were part of a foreign town? Yeah, it was idiotic. Also, a dozen people? Where they hitting you with their fists? You must have health points off the chart in order to withstand being dueled by a dozen people.

Great reading comprehension buddy...yup, I am in a foreign town and not part of a town I've been a part of for awhile now, that's exactly what I said. I also scheduled another task afterwards to make sure I was out of town even longer, yup, exactly. I did not at all say that I was in the middle of a job and set myself to walk home for after it was finished. Also, I exaggerated completely by saying it was a dozen, exactly.

And yes, it was a dozen attacks and I do have a lot of healthpoints. A couple of people who tried to get in on the gold rush actually were too ineffective to beat a builder and lost. And no, it was not coincidence since no other people in my town were attacked this day and as I mentioned (and you again, applied your excellent reading comprehension) I have only been attacked one other time in this town for weeks. Not one or two weeks either, closer to two months now.

It's a honey trap. There are loads of them in the game.
What?

honey trap: a strategy whereby an attractive person coerces another person into doing or revealing something; also, a person employing this strategy to entrap another.

That sounds nothing like what I described. No one got any info out of me. Some low-life used info that shouldn't be available to them in the Town Hall to tip off his other low-life buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a person employing a strategy to entrap another.

There are several meanings to this phrase.

If your not gonna take precautions to protect yourself and your belongings then one day this will happen.

But hey, it's not even a mass of money. I think it's more your pride that hurts.

DeletedUser

Oh and btw, if I got dueled by 12 folks from one town, in the time it took to finish work and walk home, I would definitely being putting a ticket in.

DeletedUser3543

Oh and btw, if I got dueled by 12 folks from one town, in the time it took to finish work and walk home, I would definitely being putting a ticket in.

He said he still had an hour of the job left to run.

Also he then had to walk home - could be up to 20 minutes away?

Therefore 12 attacks in 80 minutes isn't that tough if people read the forums and are active.... Could even be 6 people attacking twice in that time frame ;)

DeletedUser

He said he still had an hour of the job left to run.

Also he then had to walk home - could be up to 20 minutes away?

Therefore 12 attacks in 80 minutes isn't that tough if people read the forums and are active.... Could even be 6 people attacking twice in that time frame ;)

Then take the time the 'Spy' noticed he had all the loot. The time to contact his 'Handler'. The time his 'Handler' contacts his fellow town folks. The time to travel to the guys town.

Defo worth a ticket. I've caught folk out for alot less.

DeletedUser

They may have used chat programs to communicate in real time.

This game has it all!
Sex, Drugs, Alcohol, Betrayal, Intrigue, Espionage, Mystery, Conspiracy,
Boxing Matches, Sounds

DeletedUser3717

Because I have a heart you can have your fun.

'll let this slide..

DeletedUser

Why should I put a ticket in? What did they do against the game rules? What they did is very poor ettiquette and low-class but I doubt it's something they could get in trouble for.

Unless it's something I don't know about in which case I would love for them to get their just desserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.