[SaltineJesus] Western Week of NonViolence and My Journey

DeletedUser

Western Week of Non-Violence

The past few nights have witnessed ever increasing bloodshed, ever increasing hatred, and always fewer beds in which our children can sleep easy. Dusty Pass continues its crusade against Shadow City; Gotham City wreaks havoc wantonly across the plains; the thriving town of 300 Won has been crippled by constant attack.

All for what gain? What pride is there in destruction? A child may break fine porcelain, but it takes a master to craft it.

Part of the entertainment of what we engage in here is in the politics, the grudges, the battles, and the name calling. There are points, though, in which we get so carried away that we lose track of what's important. Oct. 2nd is International Day of Nonviolence and the whole month is called upon to celebrate the steps taken in this direction by courageous individuals famous and unknown. Taking a brief break in the cycles of duels, revenge, and humorous pictures to remember our common humanity may be a small thing, but it also will give us time to reflect on how even our smallest actions can be used to make the world a slightly more inspiring place in which to live.

http://www.forpeace.net/blog/ethan-vesely-flad/honoring-gandhi-month

In accordance with Peace movements internationally, I stand before you and beg all parties still in control of their faculties of reason to sign on to the following agreement:

During the week of October 27th to October 31st,
no inhabitants of the following towns will partake in aggressive
actions towards any other settlements or populations:

Non-Violent Towns:

• Fort Trazalca
  • New Essex
  • Dusty Pass
  • Toonsville

• Anonymous Towns: 6

Cease-fire agreements:

Nonviolent Individuals:

• Zalastian
  • Fluffy88
  • SaltineJesus

While it would be a show of good faith to disarm yourselves, in this unsafe world I can obviously not ask any man to wander without ability to defend himself. Still, I pray that no retribution be exacted upon the offending party.

Please, state here or through means private or telegraphic if you and your town are willing to turn the other cheek for this period. Such an agreement would be a sign of hope for all those in this world who suffer daily forceful injustice. I will list the participants here in the hopes that others will be inspired to follow a similar path of goodness - if anonymity is requested I will simply list add to the total participants number.

I pray that we might all find peace in our struggles.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh.... Jesus.... No no, not you.

Anyways, do you honestly think peaceful towns would write their names up here? So that agressive ones may target them for the lulz? Especially under your reccomendation, it just makes it that much more worth it.

DeletedUser

That is their choice. I have already had two towns agree under the condition that I keep them anonymous. I have no problem with that and welcome their participation.

DeletedUser

Alright. And will these anonymous towns be known to each other? (Chances of getting liars: very high)

DeletedUser

While I'm glad you're here, BJ, I can't help but wonder if it's just because you've run out of sour grapes?

This is a gentleman's agreement. I cannot control the actions or thoughts of men. Besides, if no one even knows who they are outside of myself, no one will know if they are lying but themselves. Why bother signing on?

This world could be a much better place if people would take the first steps to end the cycles of violence within themselves and between each other. This is a short chance for people show their goodwill.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey hey, just checkin'. As long as they know what they're getting themselves into.

(Wait, are you saying I'm eating sour grapes or that you're a sour grape?)

I see nothing wrong with this thread so far. Carry on. :D

DeletedUser

please join my town for we need a preacher coz the lands we live in aint all nice we need a person to lift our hopes so please join our town mr

DeletedUser

please join my town for we need a preacher coz the lands we live in aint all nice we need a person to lift our hopes so please join our town mr

While I do appreciate your offer, friend, I think that committing yourselves to peace - even for only a few days - will do far more to lift the spirits of your townsfolk and of those around you than any words I string together.

Please consider signing!

DeletedUser

i'll sign in Fort Trazalca! we have no quarrel with anyone nearby and we don't want to fight atm.

DeletedUser

I would love to sign but sadly the *****s near us think they are too good because they have many wins.

DeletedUser

Taking that step unilaterally - even with no hope of your opponents doing the same - is often times the only hope of survival in the long term for our species.

Quite seriously speaking, apart from the squabbles and politics we all engage in, Oct. 2nd is International Day of Nonviolence and October is the month of nonviolence. 5 days at the end of the month would be a sign of us considering how our actions, regardless of how small or trivial they may seem, have an effect on those around us. Treating each other well here is a part of it.

DeletedUser

Well they think they own us, when we are peaceful Builders, i am now going to recruit the best duelers.

DeletedUser

Then you are resigning yourself to playing the game by their rules instead of rejecting such claims as nonsense outright.

I'm sorry you feel you've been pushed this way with no alternative.

DeletedUser

There is no other way, they feel whoring makes them good so we will have to stay on.

DeletedUser

I would submit that there is another way. Don't underestimate the public, they are quite capable of seeing through shows of bravado and judging one man's action more righteous than another's.

There are still two days to think it over and I sincerely hope you will.

DeletedUser

Well i will sign the pact, we will not be Aggressive in that week.

If these people, acting like Dictators wish to continue, i hope they know they are just actually noobs with guns.

DeletedUser

SJ, knowing you, the nonviolence would last way past October, if not forever.

Are you creating a Utopia of towns? I see that as your best bet for maintaining harmony. Should even one agressive town try and disrupt the peace, you would bring forth all towns of this group and their guardsmen to wipe them out and make sure the tranquility lasts.

Of course, that might always bring forth a war if the aggressors have allies of their own. It's something to think about, though.