Robert Bales to face murder charges over Afghan massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So what is your opinion on this?

Staff Sgt Robert Bales is accused of attacking the villagers in their homes in Kandahar province on 11 March. Most victims were women and children.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17484186

If this guy was E-4 or below the Army probably would have already hung him out to dry. I'm wondering what excuse they used not to hand him over to the civilian authorities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A whole platoon got away with murder recently (suspended sentences, probation, etc). I suspect Bales will be the Pentagon's sacrificial lamb to pacify the Afghani. All in all, politics shouldn't participate in military law, but it plays heavily into it.

DeletedUser15057

This was an act of terrorisim - he needs to be treated in the same way as the US would treat a terrorist - and luckily for Bales, that will mean that he will escape having to face Afghani law which would be almost certainly a death penalty for him.

DeletedUser

Bah trial will last until everyone cools off and whole thing will end with "lack of evidence"... Typical...

DeletedUser

Worst prediction ever. :laugh:

Care to make a better one? Try using common sense for a change...

P.S: Don't forget to mention that no one is fit to have a debate about --(insert topic here)-- except you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Care to make a better one? Try using common sense for a change...

P.S: Don't forget to mention that no one is fit to have a debate about --(insert topic here)-- except you ;)
Okay. I predict that you will not stop spamming the thread.:p
[Thanks for the complimentary PS btw, but Hellstromm is pretty good, too]

DeletedUser

Okay. I predict that you will not stop spamming the thread.:p
[Thanks for the complimentary PS btw, but Hellstromm is pretty good, too]

Good one, off topic though... Topic is concluded anyway so I am here only to annoy you :)

Hell has different style btw

Status
Not open for further replies.