Rejected Robbing banks & Criminality

Shall Robbing Banks and Criminal Elements be brought to the West?

• Yes,

Votes: 58 65.2%
  • No,

Votes: 31 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

why shouldn't there be NPC owned towns? Maybe the idea of stealing from human-owned towns is a turn-off for many people?

DeletedUser24160

Robbing banks

EDIT: SEE POST #1... no need to repost that long post.

Therefore, this is the idea and why is the poll closed?
Im waiting with my Big YES

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Fentom hasn't posted in a while it would be a shame if this idea never got edited.

If someone posts an update... then i can update post #1.

As for why there is a poll and closed.. it is a place holder for when this idea goes for revote. It failed to meet the 80% needed.

DeletedUser24160

Robbing banks

1- Starting the rob
On the West, there were lots of outlaws and bandits, and I believe this reflects in the Dueler class. They robbed banks, and this could be a good deal.

Something new that could be implemented in the game is robbing banks. To start a rob, a significant level player (around level 50) would start a rob by renting a house in a city. This would be done by paying about $1,000 (those would be added to the town treasury). Once the house is rented, the player that rented the house can invite other players to rob the bank with him. There are 5 player types (including the leader), so only 5 man can rob a bank.

When all members have done buying their equipment (see after), the leader can start the rob, and then, 12 hours after all the robbers must reunite in the targeted town (choosen by the leader), and when the 12 hours end, if every robber is there, the rob starts. If not, the rob fails and any invested money is lost.

The targeted town doesn't get knowing of the rob, and ANY MEMBERS present at the town during the rob can defend the town. How the town is defended, we see below.

The rob will take about 1 hour.

2 - The reward
The money earned is about how succesful the rob was. It can vary from 1% to 50% of the targeted's town treasury plus 1% to 50% to the town member's bank account. Experience is the money won divided by 8.

Luck, is the sum of all shop buildings, multiplied by 2.8
A complete town has 100% luck then. If you find anything in the rob, some lucky member will get it too. This will open ways to get those rare items like Jesse's Schofield. Also, if someone find an item, 70% of its value is added to the total rob value, giving a total of 17,5% of the value of the item per robber. This will make earning more money, and that money won't be took from the Treasury!

Of course, all this if they don't get caught...
After the rob, you receive a report, just like a fort battle or a job. If we rob Springfield's bank, we shall receive a report just like that:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 729x458.

3- The equipment and the members
Each player will occupate one of the 5 total positions in the rob, each one needs to buy different equipment so the rob goes well.

Member 1: Leader
The leader is the one who rented the house. He can get products from jobs to increase the chances, as all others. When most items he gets, more the chances. It is better to have 3 of each item than 10 from only 1 item. The items are:

Map (from Exploration) - Map of the bank to discover where the vault is.
Documents (from Firefighter) - Information about the bank, like guards.
Pocket Watch (from Robbing settlers) - To watch the time.

The chance of all other members doing well their job is calculated by the leader's Leadership skill.

Member 2: Burglar
The burglar is the one who will pick the door lock, making the team enter the bank safely and silently. If this guy's equipment fails, the rob automatically fails and no one gets no money or experience points. The equipment are:

Barbed Wire (from Installing fence) - To make the pick, barbed wire is good. Paperclips didn't existed in this time.
Roll with Wire (from Setting up poles) - If the barbed wire ends, it's good to have extra.
Tool Box (from Building Wind Mills) - To make the tension wrench.

Also, the hability used by this members is Fine Motor Skills

Member 3: Explosives dude
This guy is the one who will plant some bombs near the bank's vault, opening it and allowing the team to take the money. If his equipment fails, the team don't get money, but gets experience (for what they've done).

Nails (from Building a Ranch House) - I don't know why. Maybe he must stake the bomb in something.
Cigars (from Trading with Indians) - To trigger the dynamite
Dynamite (from Transporting Ammunition) - I don't need to say, right?

Hability used: Tactics
If the Tactics is low, he may not plant the bomb well and hurt any of the members.

Member 4: Gunslinger
The gunslinger is the one who understand about bullets and weapons. He will buy bullets for the member's weapons. His equipment only will get used if they get caught, increasing the damage (more equipment, more increase).

Horn of a cow (from Branding Cattle) - Store the powder
Smuggle goods (from Smuggling/Chasing bandits) - You never know what you'll find in those boxes
Rounds (from Guarding the Stage) - What you'll shoot

Hability used: Shoting

Member 5: Escape dude
The escape dude is a dude (or a girl... ) which understand a much of horses, and will providenciate horsy things. More equipment, more bonus in the Horseback Riding ability when they try to escape.

Saddle (from Breaking in/Stealing Horses) - To ride the horses
Horseshoe (from Shoeing horses) - So the horses can ride
Train Ticket (from Building train station) - To get in the train station and run away fast.

ability used: Horseback riding

4- Protection against robs
To protect the bank, you can level up the The safe. Each level of the safe lowers the total money that can be won and the chances of the robbers being caught.

The Maximum Amount of Money Stolen From The Treasury Is 50%
The Maximum Amount of Money Stolen From sum of all the money of all the members of the townis 50%.ie The total money everyone banked, out of that the max is 50 %

It Depends Upon Your Luck, it can vary from 1% to 50%

5- The escape
If everyone is good enough and don't get caught, they escape and get back to the planning town, the time is definited by the horse the escape dude bought. Your part of the crime is recieved instantly after the succesful rob. But, what the hell will you tell to your wife? I imagine the discussion "how did you got all that money!?" "er... I won in lottery". Ok but let's don't get out of the real point. You may ask yourself now: And If I get caught? This takes us to our next part...

Getting Caught:
If they get caugt in any way, they lose their money and are jailed forever until someone comes up with Dynamite and *BOOM*!

Therefore, This is the idea which is going to be implemented right?

Deleted User - 1278415

^ um yea I edited the above to remove the quotes and make it your own statement.

As for the idea...

The targeted town doesn't get knowing of the rob, and ANY MEMBERS present at the town during the rob can defend the town. How the town is defended, we see below.

So does this auto wake up members in the town that are sleeping? How are they controlled? how do they duel? A town has no notification. ??? why??? this is a game. town needs notification.

I give a -1 star for being not well thought out.

The Maximum Amount of Money Stolen From The Treasury Is 50%
The Maximum Amount of Money Stolen From sum of all the money of all the members of the townis 50%.ie The total money everyone banked, out of that the max is 50 %

It Depends Upon Your Luck, it can vary from 1% to 50%

What does the town win should it be successful defense of pushing back the bandits? I see it currently being abuseable and not meeting idea posting criteria as this is abuseable. Rob a town with no drawback.

DeletedUser

I still say no.
I'd say yes if it didn't touch the bank or the treasury. So, if you want that "yes" from me, instead of 50% or other percent from the bank or the treasury, switch to the total money currently in townmembers' pockets for example. All members. Sleeping ones, present ones, fortfighting ones, doesn't matter. Or develop something else.

As long as you don't force players to buy items instead of banking the money, I'm fine with it.

DeletedUser

why not make some sort of special banks or something, like TWNB, The Wests National Bank from which to rob or somethingXD

DeletedUser

if i am offline they can just come and rob my safe money, i will not have a chance at defending my money:boone:

let me think, h$ll no. no real chance of defending my safe money and even if i am at the town and i am fighting 5 guys if i am only one their. shore i will be dead weather it a duel or gun battle. i say no to this idea, let it die in peace

let the animation show you how
:shootout::shootout::shootout::shootout::shootout::(

DeletedUser

Ha! If it's going to take 80% to pass this, then we should stop wasting our time with this idea, it'll never pass.

I'm out.

DeletedUser24160

You don't have to be online and they duel normally like a normal duel, or better a fort fight, everybody shoots at the opponets.
The town gains lots of experience if protected.

DeletedUser

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I still vote for deeper integration. This plan is not 100% foolproof.

Deleted User - 1278415

View Poll Results: Shall Robbing Banks and Criminal Elements be brought to the West?
Yes, lets round up the gang!
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
58 57.43%
No, terrible idea too hard to implement.
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
31 30.69%
Maybe, but it just needs more work.
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
clear.gif
12 11.88%

Voters: 101. This poll is closed

Very impressive to have 101 people to vote in 2 weeks time.
You will have 1 last chance to edit your idea and take in the criticsm that was left and modify it to make the masses happy or not happy.

After 1 week I will put a YES/NO vote on it. Your idea must gather 80% of the vote in a 1 week time period.

Honestly I dont see that the idea has changed enough to get the popular vote and in the process I have to go thru in explaining the complexity of this idea to the developers its just not worth the um.. popular demand of everyone :blink:

Im closing this idea at this time. However if someone wants to take over this idea at a later time we can revisit the issue at a later time.

Even if this poll had the 11 maybe votes set as yes that would only be 68%. Edited poll and set to rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.