River rafts

DeletedUser

Railroads

Someone in this thread mentioned railroads - that would be an interesting idea. Railroad going through the most advanced towns. Bandits riding the rails....

DeletedUser

theres alredy horses and donkeys what do u need a raft for lol

DeletedUser

Someone in this thread mentioned railroads - that would be an interesting idea. Railroad going through the most advanced towns. Bandits riding the rails....

Yes but rafts can go to places railroads couldnt go to, i said that railroads can only go through advanced towns, but not jobs, rafts can do that.

DeletedUser1105

I don't like it. I also no longer like the railroad option.

If you want to go somewhere, I feel you should have to walk or ride a horse/donkey.

I don't mind travelling long distances by foot. I joined a town that was a long way from me, so I worked my way across there. Everytime a job finished, I clicked on the next job in the direction I was going.

It took me two days, but I also levelled up twice in that time.

DeletedUser

I agree with SDJX22, railways would take the frontier attitude of the west away.

DeletedUser

Yes but rafts can go to places railroads couldnt go to, i said that railroads can only go through advanced towns, but not jobs, rafts can do that.
rafts do not work as well as you seem to think, you are entirely at the mercy of the river, the jobs on the river yeah you can go to after winding and twisting for double the time it would take to actually walk. railroads are a much better option, you can make a railroad go wherever you want for a lot less money and work than would take to make canals, the only use for rafting is exploration, and recreation thats why we dont use them. they are not efficient.

DeletedUser

Dude its for peoples that cant afford horses or donkeys.
if you waste money on rafting all the time you will never be able to afford a horse, or much else either, owning is much less than paying a cab, or renting. its better to just save up, a donkey doesnt cost that much if you just cant do with out one, but i manage just fine without i have more important things to use my money for.

DeletedUser

Brilliant idea Very much in the games "flavor" esp. as during the time period of Western Expansion in the Usa River rafting was a fairly common means of trading between town's as for a rail way system the West was Built on them.