River rafts

DeletedUser

Since the world is full of rivers and
mountains, etc, and we also know how
transportation is slow in this game in
some cases, we should create a system
of transportation more original then trains.
This is called River Rafting which is a
system of transport through rivers which
is 2x the speed of walking on foot.
River rafting can be created by making
what i call Raft Stations. These
"Stations" are used to purchase tickets
to go on the river to any other station
and continue to set on foot. This may be
useful if your traveling a great distance,
and plus it saves energy :eek:. They can
also put up a skill called Raft making
which lets the player make rafts and
each raft, in better quality, becomes
more durable and faster. Since in each
trip a raft gets worn down alot.
Note: If you create a raft in a certain
station then it should be available in all
stations in that river. Or maybe they
can give you a rental for a small fee
to retrieve your raft.

Feedback is much appreciated! :eek:

DeletedUser

Good idea . The two things which I think is good in this idea is , first of all it saves time and secondly it saves energy .

DeletedUser

Lol @ Runescape reference.

So here's an Oregon trail reference from me. How about a small fee to get back and forth between places faster by paying an Idian to row you there? If not just that, but also put a lot of danger into using the wrong raft for that certain riverway. This way, the swimming stat gets some usefulness.

DeletedUser

yeah thats what i meant by durability becuase if you go on an old raft it will break and youll lose XP :p but youll pop up in the Station you were in before this happened. And yeah i was member in runescape a long time ago so i got a bit of the idea from there and i got the rest from studying the wests transportation.

DeletedUser794

Raft stations?

Next someone will suggest griffons as a mode of transport.

Honestly we have horses and donkeys and possibly these will improve as we level up. The skill horeback riding also increases speed.

Most people will stick around thier town, do we really need multiple modes of tranpsort? rafts, trains, teleportals...

DeletedUser

dude its for the lower [people who cant afford horses, jeewhiz, and not everyone likes horses. And plus this is a great way to transport without having to use up all your skill points on horseback riding.

DeletedUser794

no, we invent a 21st skill called raft making and waste skill points on that. :)

DeletedUser

didnt you listen, you can buy tickets to transport instead. The raft skill just makes u go faster.

DeletedUser

no point unless you are travelling really far or to something on the water, most destinations arent that hard to get to and rivers twist and turn and arent built like roades unless we are also gunna dig cannals, and as has been said there isnt any need to travel all the way across the map.

it would be interesting but not efficient.

DeletedUser

what if they create a thing where you attack towns then youd need this idea so its incase. and you can travel without wasting energy.

DeletedUser

Raft stations?

Next someone will suggest griffons as a mode of transport.

Honestly we have horses and donkeys and possibly these will improve as we level up. The skill horeback riding also increases speed.

Most people will stick around thier town, do we really need multiple modes of tranpsort? rafts, trains, teleportals...

The pony and donkey do not improve. Instead, we'll get mustangs, berbers, arabers and finally quater-horses. The QH has 150% more speed, total of $2800 buying price, which is $11,200 if they're sold in towns to outsiders.

Even if they are affordable by the time we start seeing them, I think a paid mode of transportation would be good. If not, they can be like items, which you can find randomly while doing jobs. Never as good as a land mamal, mind you, but good enough to cut a significant amount of time off of a player's travels if they cannot be on enough to save up for a horse.

DeletedUser

Would my donkey be able to take the raft/train/transporter? I really don't have much trouble moving about in the world. I think about where I want to go then look for a job that I want to preform in the direction of travel I want to take. Jump onto my Donkey pull out the stick with a carrot on it, and let the miles roll by.

DeletedUser

o, we invent a 21st skill called raft making and waste skill points on that.

Lol, no need to invent something. They used them in the wild west to settle some of the wilder areas when few people were out there. It was called "Lewis and Clark." :D And while it certainly was unusual, many many people made their way across the wilder parts of the Western territories using their routes and ferrying others as well.

So it was done, just not as organized as what was mentioned here.

DeletedUser

If they are ever going to made an alternative transportation optin, it would better be a railway. We can already build railroads and railroad stations. But the rafting is pretty pointless.

DeletedUser

If they are ever going to made an alternative transportation optin, it would better be a railway. We can already build railroads and railroad stations. But the rafting is pretty pointless.

Its becuase railways may only go into towns and other hot spots, river rafts go into areas railroads could never enter, and thats what my point is.

I think they should make a raft that can carry animals, but note they go slower then the other ones becuase of the fragebility.