Risky business

DeletedUser28464

I have been pondering lately saying to myself "If this was my game, what addition would I make both to make the game more exciting and also make all the player classes happy." If this doesn't go through, Donald Trump can fire me.

Risky Business goes at the core of the game which is doing jobs.
All jobs would have two modes (including construction). The modes would be either normal or risky. Players have a choice to do either modes. Normal mode would be doing jobs like we presently do them. Risky mode would be doing jobs with extra bonuses (% more xp, % more money, % more value of the item being found, % more luck). Obviously doing jobs with risky mode brings more rewards but with it there will be great risk. First danger is that the % danger of doing the job would be greatly increased. Second danger is that other players will have a big incentive to attack you. When a player gets attacked when he is in risk mode and loses the duel, the winner of the duel would get, the money, the xp, items and products that the loser would have gotten for the time he was on the job. (If he scheduled a 1 hour job and he was 30 minutes into it, the winner would get 30 minutes of job xp, etc.) Also, the winner would get all the cash the loser is carrying. The winner would also get the normal xp he presently gets in duels. If the person that is doing the job is the winner, he gets a the normal xp for dueling but doesn't get anything more for he is already getting the bonuses on the job for doing it in a risky mode.
For builders, building in risky mode, the bonuses would be a % more LP's to construction and a reduced cost to build.
The icon of the player doing a job in risky mode would have to be of a different color. Also, players (including builders) doing risky jobs should be indicated in the town menu. As you noticed, I didn't put any specific percentages for the rewards. This would be up to Innogame to determine it. But, it would have to be high enough so people would be encouraged to do jobs in risky mode rather than normal.

Players would have a cool down button that can only be toggled (lets say 7 days wait). If the toggled button is on, that player cannot be dueled or cannot duel but as a penalty he cannot do risky jobs. Also, a penalty (in xp, money etc.) could be applied for doing a normal job with the button toggled.

If there is a duel, and neither player is doing a job, the normal duel xp, cash etc., applies.
If a player is dueled while doing a job in normal mode, the normal process applies.

The following are extra recommendations I would have for the game:
I would eliminate the daily free xp, Players would be getting extra xp from doing risky jobs instead.
When people are in full hp and full energy, they would automatically fall out of sleep mode.
I would add more random features to duels (like lucky hits, jammed gun, critical hits, etc.), so that duels are not a just a matter of linear mathematics and builds.

I hope to see constructive criticism, and none of the garbage I have been reading in other responses.

Pedro, Hall of Fame #11, world 9

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28464

familiar

If the idea is familiar, it is coincidental. I have read many of the ideas forwarded, but I haven't read them all.

Pedro

DeletedUser22575

1. This "Risky Business" would in fact create more of what in previous post you state you dislike...more "adventurer and worker" dueling with players "cherry picking" opponents that they know they can win against for the working characters money, exp, and items.

2. Being dueled more under these conditions is detrimental to the working character because under these conditions they have everything to lose with low odds of winning.

3. This would be a win/win for the player initiating the duel. He can bank before initiating the duel (so no money loss) "cherry pick" his opponent to increase the odds of winning. If by some chance he losses he has lost nothing he would not loose in a normal duel.

4. This "cool down" period has been discussed several times before. Cool down is nothing but an attempt to add additional protection to prevent dueling and decrease the size of the dueling pool because of some players desire to avoid dueling at any cost besides leaving town or doing the quest KO. Leaving town and doing the quest ko adds enough protection against dueling without adding more.

5. Toggling the "cool down button" would just be an added, additional way those who feel that they should be able to play this game without being dueled could avoid it. We would just end up with a bunch of players triggering it as often as possible while they continue to work as normal..but only now with no risk that everyone else faces while doing quest, jobs, etc. Toggling this button is clearly to their advantage.

6. Since by accepting the "Risky Business" increases the chances of them being dueled and working for nothing this is clearly not to the advantage of those who work, quest, etc, and you would not see this used by them.

Summary.

Players would not use the "Risky Business" business since it is not to their advantage but would toggle like crazy to be avoid being dueled like normal.

This would effect dueling even more than what it has been by spot dueling and having to chase players around the map.

This is nothing but another attempt to provide "special protection" to those who feel they should be able to play a game that dueling is a major part of without running the risk of being dueled.

So NO to this.

The following are extra recommendations I would have for the game:
I would eliminate the daily free xp, Players would be getting extra xp from doing risky jobs instead.
When people are in full hp and full energy, they would automatically fall out of sleep mode.
I would add more random features to duels (like lucky hits, jammed gun, critical hits, etc.), so that duels are not a just a matter of linear mathematics and builds.

No to the eliminating the daily exp. The "Risky Business" is detrimental to some and should be voluntary and players should not be penalized for not doing it.
No to booting them out of the Hotel. RL schedules could prevent them from logging in when they are at full ep and energy and they could well return to find themselves ko'd.
Yes to Random Features.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28464

Incentive

So you are suggesting that very little people would be doing risky jobs, and that is the main reason this wouldn't work.

How many of you would be prepared to go risky, if you knew the extra bonuses could give you key 3, a golden gun, or drop Wyatt Earp's colt ?
The rewards should be great enough for everybody to desire to go risky. I would go so far as have new rare items added specifically to risky jobs.

Strong incentives (and for all levels) have to added to encourage people to choose risky for this system to work.

We could eliminate the toggle button, and eliminate the protection you strongly dislike, the system can still be implemented. I personally don't need protection and I am all for duels but my server is quite dead and many players have quit. If a toggle button meant that a certain variety of player would have stayed in the game, I would have been happy to have these extra players in my town. That variety of player don't need protection anymore, they cannot be dueled anymore because they quit the game.

The key here is that the incentive has to be great enough for players to want to take the risk.

DeletedUser22575

So you are suggesting that very little people would be doing risky jobs, and that is the main reason this wouldn't work.

How many of you would be prepared to go risky, if you knew the extra bonuses could give you key 3, a golden gun, or drop Wyatt Earp's colt ?
The rewards should be great enough for everybody to desire to go risky. I would go so far as have new rare items added specifically to risky jobs.

Strong incentives (and for all levels) have to added to encourage people to choose risky for this system to work.

We could eliminate the toggle button, and eliminate the protection you strongly dislike, the system can still be implemented. I personally don't need protection and I am all for duels but my server is quite dead and many players have quit. If a toggle button meant that a certain variety of player would have stayed in the game, I would have been happy to have these extra players in my town. That variety of player don't need protection anymore, they cannot be dueled anymore because they quit the game.

The key here is that the incentive has to be great enough for players to want to take the risk.

I think that the different color of icon would make players the new dueling target. I think the ones this would benefit the most no matter what you made the rewards would be those who dueled with the exception of some reskilled workers/adventurers, some who can hold their own in duels pretty well.

I think you would even see some duelers using this "Risky Business" as "bait" for other duelers..lol.

But as far as the average worker/adventurer I just see them working for these rewards and ending up with nothing.

As far as these items you are discussing, sure I would like to have a Grants Saber. And if this was to pass the odds are good I might have several.

But these items drop rate was designed so that they would be rare and hard to get even through cash fort battles and I am not sure the designers would be willing to change that criteria which this would in effect do.

As far as the toggle switch let me give an example here.

I think when doing quest work most players see the quest reward as the goal, and don't see the exp or money they make doing the jobs as all that important.

I think they would be willing to take a cut in exp and money to be able to complete the quest and gain the exp (which is often significant) from quests and the ap/skill point and item rewards.

So the penalty for toggling that button and the safety from dueling it would bring would have to be significant to include an significant effect on item drop rate. This would limit the amount if was used...I think..

For example exp and money cut 40 percent, drop rates cut to 2 percent. The penalty now is equal to the gain of hours of duel free working.

DeletedUser

If the idea is familiar

indeed it is a frequently suggested.
as always i think job risk should be increased since it will make adventurer's bonus more valuable than it is and once you are at high level you don't get to read the stories:D cause we barely get touched in jobs.