Implemented Rewording of text on Turkey quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

if looking at easy way, hell yes i want it

but the truth is nothing is easy in real life for sure.
Umm, we're talking wild turkeys here, not farm-bought turkeys. Go hunting for wild turkey and you tell me how easy it is.

indeed it is hard to hunt. i can say it without any experience of hunting.

let me explain it in a :dastardly: way,
what is a job?
you do something for someone for money. correct. you get money for doing the job and you basically steal products and items when has % of luck that you will be able to steal it without getting caught.

Deleted User - 1278415

If the drop rate is set as intended, perhaps the job description could be something like:

The tall grass in the field before you rustles in the wind. You hear the distinct sounds of wild turkeys somewhere in the distance.

Since I'm done with turkey hunting can you get me the exact quote of text that is currently used so I can say please consider changing:

"xyz text"

with the following text

"The tall grass in the field before you rustles in the wind. You hear the distinct sounds of wild turkeys somewhere in the distance."

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Current Description:
"A turkey almost walks into you. You should be able to find a lot in the forest."

<as per my earlier post ;D>

also...

"The tall grass in the field before you rustles in the wind." should not appear in the new text; all turkey hunts are in forests.

DeletedUser28464

Turkey

Hmmm, the turkey has a pretty good drop rate compared to other products in the game. You need patience. Nuggets can help you on that one but only very slightly. I don't know if the new premiums would help you further, they haven't yet been implemented on my server.

Took me one week to get handcuffs,
Took me another week to get a fishing rod,
Patience was the key

Pedro

DeletedUser

Since I'm done with turkey hunting can you get me the exact quote of text that is currently used so I can say please consider changing:

"xyz text"

with the following text

"The tall grass in the field before you rustles in the wind. You hear the distinct sounds of wild turkeys somewhere in the distance."

Thanks.

As posted the current text is:

"A turkey almost walks into you. You should be able to find a lot in the forest."

Thanks for your attention.

DeletedUser

How about less quests that involve collecting corn, which is far more annoying.

Yes I understand why most quest products come from stupid jobs. So everyone can do them.

Increase the drop rate of Shackles & Handcuffs if anything, they're super super annoying.

Deleted User - 1278415

Great Idea and do it fast!

Such a minor change of wording that I submitted it... but probably wont make it in time for Thanksgiving update.

"As you cut through the forest you hear turkeys cackling in the trees. With some patience you might find one large enough for dinner."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28464

a note from Pedro

Just one turkey is not hard to catch. It is the quest that is hard because it requires many of them.

Also, I enjoyed the original sentence, I thought it had humor, considering how hard it is to catch many turkeys. I'm certain many of us had a laugh at that one.

Now, you want the sentence to be technical and bland.

Pedro

Deleted User - 1278415

Hellstromm submitted it as:

As you cut through the forest you hear turkeys cackling somewhere in the bushes. With some patience you just might find one large enough for a banquet.

And he commented that I didnt know any better that turkeys dont live in trees... doh. Why didnt you all correct me on that lol

DeletedUser22575

Hellstromm submitted it as:

As you cut through the forest you hear turkeys cackling somewhere in the bushes. With some patience you just might find one large enough for a banquet.

And he commented that I didnt know any better that turkeys dont live in trees... doh. Why didnt you all correct me on that lol

Helstromm is mistaken. Wild Turkeys roost in trees. And every morning right at sunrise the entire flock will fly off.

DeletedUser

Totally YES because I am a soldier and I am still stuck in the quest where Waupee asks for 2 turkeys.:(:(

Please DO IT guys!!:)

DeletedUser

Totally YES because I am a soldier and I am still stuck in the quest where Waupee asks for 2 turkeys.

Please DO IT guys!!

1. The idea was already voted on and submitted.

2. Good feather apparently decided the drop rate wasn't the issue, but the fact that the text was misleading, and the text, which is basically saying you can't take a step without tripping over a turkey, is the problem as it doesn't reflect the 20% drop rate.

Deleted User - 1278415

Thanks Elmyr, we did apparently get off topic on the original concept of increasing the drop rate for turkeys.... which was not done.

As Elmyr stated just the wording was submitted. The only way to prove drop rates are flawed is to do the job x amount of times and then average the drops to verify that it does indeed match what the drop rate is supposed to be and dont forget to figure out the motivation factor too to make sure it is fair.

But if we did that then we would complain about something else that doesn't drop as much as predicted. Can of worms not interested in opening.

Not sure why this thread was left open but it is closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.