Retiring: how to go about it?

DeletedUser

I'm wondering how to quit the game. Stopping playing altogether would be a terrible waste; I'm a top ten player with ninety thousand dollars worth of gear.

I wish there were some way I could find some poor person, a young kid, someone dying of cancer or something similar so that I could give him or her this account and they could enjoy it. The problem in verifying who the person is, is quite obvious; this is the net, anyone can say anything they like.

My premium runs out at the end of March, I'll probably continue to play the character through this month, since I've already paid for it. I'm making this thread to see if someone has a really good suggestion, or knows of someone that would really appreciate having it.

An unscrupulous man would try to sell it, but as you know, I am not an unscrupulous man. :)

I'd like hear suggestions, particularly from a game dev (if they even read this forum, I seriously doubt that they do), or an admin. Again, I don't want to just quit, it would be a stupid waste. .I want someone to have it.

Thanks in advance,

Lavan

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sell everything, join towns of cool people, and give them (the towns, that is) fat donations. Beyond that, duel to lose and transfer the $ that way.

That's all I can think of. You'll likely get a typhoon of even more noobish advice. :)

Take care.

DeletedUser

Ooooooooooh what world is it??

jk.

A nice thought of yours.

Give it to a friend so he can start playing.

DeletedUser

World one.
Level: 67
Dueling level: 84

Total items: 40
Total sell price: $46325
Total buy price: $92650

Like I said, to just stop playing and let the admins remove the character after 2 months of inactivity would be wasteful. I'd like to give it to a kid or something.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't it be easier to find someone in real life who deserved the account?

Giving it away over the internet seems too risky, if you want someone deserving to get it.

DeletedUser

Liquidate your assets and donate all of it to a town's treasury. Use your own judgment to determine which town is deserves it based on your personal criteria.

DeletedUser

His point is that his account is more than money. $90k is nice, but level 67 is what really took all the work and he doesn't want to delete it and have it be for nothing.

That being said: I very sick *cough* I can has?

DeletedUser

Wonder what qualifies as deserving? For me personally i wouldn't want an account that has had all the work done on it already. There's not much of a challenge and that's part of the fun the challenge to be on top.

DeletedUser

Liquidate your assets and donate all of it to a town's treasury. Use your own judgment to determine which town is deserves it based on your personal criteria.

Well yeah, but I don't really care about how much game cash the account is worth. The point is that the character is at level 67, and pretty tough in duels. I'd hate to see that just sit idle until the account is deleted because of inactivity.

DeletedUser8312

Though I am a new player (world 5) I'd be willing to play out your world 1 character if you have not found anyone else yet to do so.

DeletedUser

Take a break and return after a few months.You seriously don't want loose everything after wasting so much time in it :p

Obviously it will be better if you can find someone to play your account while you are busy enjoying RL.Worked for me in tribalwars.

DeletedUser

My 10 year old gets frustrated easily..myself, I just started this game (world 7) a week ago so I am not exactly the best "coach"....I would like my son to get into this with me....starting his first effort at level 67!! would certainly encourage him to take a shot from level 1 in a later level........for what that's worth .... let me know if you would pass your legacy on to him...

DeletedUser

One problem with your basic plan: you seem to want to give your account to a kid. Will they know what to do with it? In Texas, it's not uncommon for kids to start shooting and hunting at a young age, but a lot of that involves teaching them gun safety and responsibility. You don't drop them off in the woods with a rocket launcher and say "have fun". I don't think your account is the best way for them to learn how to play, or learn anything else for that matter.

DeletedUser

Well said Elmyr. I think the account is yours and yours alone it should not be given away to a charity case or otherwise. Whats the point in playing a game if you start out at the end? The journey is what makes it fun.

DeletedUser

One problem with your basic plan: you seem to want to give your account to a kid. Will they know what to do with it? In Texas, it's not uncommon for kids to start shooting and hunting at a young age, but a lot of that involves teaching them gun safety and responsibility. You don't drop them off in the woods with a rocket launcher and say "have fun". I don't think your account is the best way for them to learn how to play, or learn anything else for that matter.

Find me someone that just lost their legs then.